Further Your Understanding of the Old Testament with Our Online Graduate Certificate in Hebrew
Our 100% online Graduate Certificate in Hebrew provides an in-depth study of the Old Testament focused on the importance of understanding the context, purpose, hermeneutics, and language syntax of scripture interpretation. By studying the original language of the Old Testament, you will enhance your biblical interpretation skills so you are better equipped to teach and share insight from the Word of God in your ministry. This certificate can also prepare you to further your education with a master’s or doctoral degree.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Graduate Certificate in Hebrew?
Our online Graduate Certificate in Hebrew is designed to help you gain a deeper understanding and appreciation for the Word of God. You will study under professors who have served as missionaries, pastors, and theologians, and will use their experience to help you enhance your biblical studies skills. Ideal for anyone who wants to dig deeper into the Bible while preparing for seminary, our online graduate Hebrew certificate program allows you to transfer the credits you earn directly to one of our master’s degree programs when you are ready to further your education.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Hebrew Graduate Certificate Program?
Our online Graduate Certificate in Hebrew will equip you to better understand and share the truths and messages of the Old Testament in a variety of ministry settings. Through studying various Old Testament texts in your Hebrew courses, you will learn the importance of understanding the cultural, political, and historical contexts of the scriptures so you can correctly interpret the text. Additionally, you will study basic aspects of the Hebrew language (such as syntax) so you can understand the context of the Old Testament in its original language.
- OTCL 520 – Beginning Hebrew
- OTCL 525 – Beginning Hebrew II
- OTCL 640 – Hebrew Syntax & Exegesis
Our Online Graduate Certificate in Hebrew Program Highlights
- By earning your Graduate Certificate in Hebrew from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past four years – and counting.
- Special tuition block rate of $2,750 for the semester, if attending full time (9-15 credit hours). You could save a significant amount if you complete this nine credit hour certificate in one semester!
- You can transfer earned credits from our Graduate Certificate in Hebrew to a related master’s degree program.
Our Online Graduate Certificate in Hebrew Program Information
- This online graduate certificate program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- View the Certificate Completion Plan for this online program.
- View the Hebrew graduate certificate program course syllabi. (login required)
- Gainful Employment Data
Military Benefits of Our Graduate Certificate in Hebrew Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Graduate Certificate in Hebrew Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral Recommender Contact Information
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.