Provide Transformative Christian Ministry on Digital Platforms with Liberty’s Graduate Certificate in Digital Ministry
Are you interested in earning a graduate-level, ministry-focused credential that doesn’t require you to complete a Master of Divinity or a Master of Arts in Religion? Digital marketing may be another interest of yours, and you’d like to combine your 2 passions into 1 standalone credential. If so, Liberty’s 100% online Graduate Certificate in Church Ministry in the Digital Age may be a great fit for you.
The average annual salary for religious workers in 2020 was $40,070.*
World-class learning for anyone, anywhere
You can earn this certificate in as little as 1 semester.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Occupational Employment and Wage Statistics: Religious Workers, All Other, 2020 (viewed online June 21, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
In today’s world, digital platforms are gaining more popularity than ever before. Our methods of communicating with other people have been revolutionized, and businesses and companies have taken note — pouring millions into digital advertising campaigns that have significantly influenced buyer behavior and driven sales. Just as businesses use digital platforms to their advantage, so too can churches and ministries — allowing them to reach more people than ever before.
Liberty University’s 100% online graduate certificate in church ministry for the digital age is designed to help equip you with the skills needed to change the world for Christ. Taught by respected theologians, knowledgeable digital marketers, and principled teachers of God’s Word, this certificate program can help take your career in digital ministry to new heights. Partner with us, become an effective digital minister, and evangelize to nations from wherever you are.
Potential Career Options with a Graduate Certificate in Church Ministry in the Digital Age
Our church ministry in the digital age certificate can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited certificate:
- Communications coordinator for a church or ministry
- Communications liaison
- Digital marketing strategist for a faith-based organization
- Digital ministry leader
- Social media manager for a church or ministry
- Website manager for a ministry
The leadership, ministry, and technology skills that you gain from our certificate in church ministry in the digital age can be an asset in many other aspects of the ministry world as you pursue positions of added responsibility. Additionally, the credits from this certificate may transfer directly into the MDiv in Church Ministry in the Digital Age. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a digital church ministry certificate from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
Why Choose Liberty’s Graduate Certificate in Church Ministry in the Digital Age?
As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, Liberty understands what it takes to design a respected online certificate program. Just as our experience has taught us to revolutionize online learning, it has also helped us share the Gospel with thousands of students from around the world. By pursuing your education with us, you can earn a graduate certificate taught by subject-matter experts at a university that is committed to Training Champions for Christ.
This certificate program has been designed with your success in mind. At Liberty, we don’t just teach digital ministry techniques to our students. We train ethical, knowledgeable, and driven professionals whose passion for Christ seamlessly complements their online media skills. Through this 12-credit-hour certificate program, you can gain the knowledge needed to transform your ministry’s online presence.
What Will You Learn in Our Graduate Media Ministry Certificate?
Our graduate certificate in church ministry for the digital age consists of 4 courses. You can learn to construct a theology of networks for the digital age, encourage spiritual formation, and foster Christian community online. You will also study the fundamentals of ministry in the digital age and how technology can help the church.
This certificate’s courses were carefully created using market research for relevant careers, soft skills that employers look for in their employees, and other industry trends. Our School of Divinity faculty took their findings and wove them into this certificate’s curriculum — ensuring that you can earn a graduate certificate that can help you stand out in applicant pools.
- CLCM 510 – Constructing a Theology of Networks for the Digital Age
- CLCM 520 – Spiritual Formation in the Digital Age
- CLCM 530 – Creating Christian Community Online
- CLCM 540 – Introduction to Ministry in the Digital Age
Potential Careers for Church Ministry in the Digital Age Certificate Graduates
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Graduate Divinity Certificate in Digital Ministry
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discount – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Discounted divinity tuition block rate: $2,475 per semester (for 9-15 credit hours)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
*If you take less than 9 credit hours in a semester, your courses will be charged at the part-time rate.
Highlights of Our Graduate Certificate in Church Ministry in the Digital Age
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 8 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses* at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- We offer a discounted divinity tuition rate of $2,750 per semester for full-time enrollment (9-15 credit hours), which can be used toward this online theology program.**
*Electronic textbooks are not provided for courses that fall under departments outside the School of Divinity.
**Credits taken below 9 credit hours for the online Graduate Certificate in Church Ministry in the Digital Age are charged at the part-time rate.
Admission Requirements for Our Graduate Online Divinity Certificates
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Pastoral recommender contact information
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.