Encourage Innovation and Creativity in Your Classroom by Earning an Online Graduate Certificate in Educational Technology and Online Instruction
Our graduate educational technology and online instruction certificate program is designed to prepare you with the knowledge and skills you need to effectively integrate current and developing technologies into your classroom and other academic environments.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Instructional Coordinators, 2020 (viewed online Feb. 3, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Through this certificate program, you will be equipped to help schools keep pace with technological innovations. Partner with us and learn how to use emerging technology to enhance classroom learning as you prepare your students for the future.
Potential Career Options with a Graduate Certificate in Educational Technology and Online Instruction
Our educational technology certificate can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited certificate:
- Chief learning officer
- Course design manager
- Curriculum specialist
- Education program manager
- Instructional coordinator
- Learning and development project manager
The design and technology skills that you gain from our certificate in educational technology and online instruction can be an asset in many other aspects of the education world as you pursue positions of added responsibility. Additionally, the credits from this certificate may transfer directly into the M.Ed. in Higher Education – Instructional Design and Technology. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with an educational technology certificate from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
Why Choose Liberty for Your Graduate Certificate in Educational Technology?
Whether you are currently working as an educator or are looking to start a new career in educational technology, our Graduate Certificate in Educational Technology and Online Instruction will help you stand out as an ethical and value-driven professional.
Our educational technology and online instruction certificate will help you learn how to integrate your faith into your professional life. It is our mission to help you live out Christ-like characteristics in your classroom and use the power of faith and education to transform the lives of your students and coworkers.
What Will You Learn in Our Educational Technology Certificate?
Our educational technology and online instruction graduate certificate provides the training you need to help students become powerful digital-age problem solvers in a variety of educational settings.
Through 3 online education classes, you will acquire foundational knowledge and skills that can transform your thinking about how, why, and when to integrate a range of digital technologies to support student learning. The training you receive in our educational technology graduate certificate will help you create innovative learning environments that captivate students.
- EDUC 629 – Technology and Diversity
- EDUC 631 – Foundations of Educational Technology and Online Learning
- EDUC 633 – Principles of Design and Management
Highlights of Our Graduate Certificate Program in Educational Technology
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online Graduate Certificate Educational Technology and Online Instruction from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- You can complete this graduate certificate program in as little as 1 semester!
Educational Technology and Online Instruction Graduate Certificate Information
- This educational technology certificate program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Our Online Graduate Certificate in Educational Technology and Online Instruction
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.