Build a Better Learning Community with a Certificate in Educational Leadership
Do you want to improve your leadership skills so you can apply your teaching experience to solve educational problems? Liberty University’s 100% online Graduate Certificate in School Leadership can help. This educational administration program is designed to help professionals navigate the complexities of schools, communities, and teaching organizations.
Throughout this online certificate in educational administration, you will learn how to:
- Improve learning outcomes for all students.
- Make informed, ethical decisions.
- Promote the value of diversity, lifelong learning, and innovation.
Is a graduate certificate the same as a master’s degree?
Graduate certificates and master’s degrees both require graduate coursework. However, graduate certificates are shorter and more focused. This allows you to get the training you need in the shortest time frame possible.
Our school leadership certificate only requires 3 courses. You can be on your way to career advancement in just 1 semester.
Are educational certificates worth it?
Yes – an educational leadership and administration certificate can help you increase your career options and earning potential. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median yearly salary for education administrators is $96,400!*
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at 11-9032 Education Administrators, Kindergarten through Secondary (viewed online September 3, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
How do you become an educational leader?
For most professionals, you will need to hold your initial teaching license to consider educational leadership roles. If you’re a teacher and want to add more value to your résumé, our certificate can help. This program provides you with 9 credit hours that focus on education administration. You can gain an advanced credential in a single semester!
What is the role of the educational leader?
Educational leaders primary responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with teachers
- Develop and implement an effective educational program
- Provide guidance and direction on curriculums
- Support educators
Why Should You Choose Liberty University’s Online Educational Leadership Certificate?
Liberty University’s educational leadership certificate can help you bridge the gap from hands-on classroom experience to administration roles.
Are you currently working as an educator? Do you want to start your career in school leadership? Our graduate certificate in educational leadership online can provide you with an advanced credential. You will be able to demonstrate your value as a leader in your organization.
Here’s why you should complete your graduate certificate with us:
- Liberty University is regionally accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. You’ll be earning your certificate from a respected institution.
- This program is offered 100% online. You can continue to dedicate time to your career and family while earning an advanced credential.
- Our professors have real-life experience teaching and administrating at all levels of education. They are excited to share their expertise with you.
What Will You Learn in Our Educational Leadership Certificate Online?
Our Graduate Certificate in School Leadership develops educators with a Christian worldview. These educators can serve in their school or organization with diligence and integrity. We accomplish this through challenging and rewarding courses taught by experienced education professionals. Each professor will teach you the skills and techniques you need to develop into a better leader and administrator of learning environments.
Through your education leadership courses online, you will explore the methods and best practices of the field. You will also discuss effective supervision methods, educational policy concerns, and how to navigate important local, state, and federal regulations.
- EDUC 642 – Leadership and Supervision in Education
- EDUC 643 – Contemporary Issues in Educational Policy
- EDUC 644 – School Leadership in Diverse Settings
Information for Our Online Graduate Certificate in Educational Administration
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Students in Our Educational Leadership Certificate Program Online
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Program Highlights of the Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online education administration certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online school leadership graduate certificate in as little as 1 semester.
- You may apply many credits earned in the online Graduate Certificate in School Leadership toward a relevant master’s degree.
Admission Requirements for Our School Leadership Certificate Online
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative combined GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.