Further Your Knowledge of Scripture with Our Online Graduate Biblical Studies Certificate
Our 100% online biblical studies graduate certificate program provides an in-depth study of both the Old and New Testaments, focusing on context, authorial purpose, hermeneutics, and theme development. You will benefit from the practical training in Bible study and interpretation, doctrine, evangelism, and discipleship. This certificate is ideal for anyone who wants to go deeper into Bible study, increase his or her ministry effectiveness, or prepare for a graduate degree. You can gain the knowledge you need to become a Champion for Christ within the church.
Why Choose Liberty’s Graduate Certificate in Biblical Studies?
Throughout this certificate program, you will study under professors who have experience in missions and pastoring churches. They will teach you the interpretation skills you need to understand complex theological debates and doctrine. Our mission is to help you develop into a church leader who is guided by duty, honor, and morality, so you are prepared to make a difference in your church community.
Our biblical studies graduate certificate program is also designed to help you maximize the time you have to dedicate to your education. With eight week courses and no set login times, our Graduate Certificate in Biblical Studies can be completed 100% online, so you can continue your education without uprooting your life. You can also use this online biblical studies certificate as a foundation for a seminary degree program since credits earned may be applied to one of our master’s degree programs.
What Will You Learn in Our Graduate Certificate in Biblical Studies Online Program?
Our online biblical studies graduate certificate will equip you for ministry in a variety of settings. Through a complete study of the Old and New Testaments, our Graduate Certificate in Biblical Studies program will examine the social, political, and historical contexts of Scripture. You will learn the basic themes, issues, and schools-of-thought in Christian theology and develop the tools you need to integrate biblical knowledge with contemporary world issues and events.
Throughout our biblical studies certificate program online, you will learn critical thinking skills in Scripture interpretation that you can apply to your specific area of interest within the Bible. As a Christian university, our online biblical studies program seeks to create Christ-centered individuals who positively impact our culture.
- OBST 515 – Old Testament Orientation I
- OBST 520 – Old Testament Orientation II
- NBST 515 – New Testament Orientation I
- NBST 520 – New Testament Orientation II
Our Graduate Certificate in Biblical Studies Program Highlights
- By earning your Graduate Certificate in Biblical Studies from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- Our biblical studies graduate certificate program can be completed online in one to two semesters.
- You can transfer earned credits from our Graduate Certificate in Biblical Studies directly to several of our School of Divinity’s master’s degree programs.
Our Online Graduate Certificate in Biblical Studies Information
- This online certificate program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this biblical studies program.
- View the biblical studies graduate certificate course syllabi (login required).
- Gainful Employment Data
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Discounted divinity block rate: $2,475 per semester (9-15 credit hours)*
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
*Credits taken above 15 credit hours are charged at the part-time rate.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Graduate Certificate in Biblical Studies Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral Recommender Contact Information
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.