Develop Your Leadership Skills by Earning Our Graduate Certificate in Sports Management Online Program
Our online Graduate Certificate in Sports Management provides advanced training in sports-related management and leadership. You will conduct an in-depth examination of marketing, promotion, sponsorship, and public relations and apply them to a sports setting. With the sports management field constantly evolving, you will look at the most recent theories and approaches used in the industry. By earning a Graduate Certificate in Sports Management, you will add value to your resume and establish an advanced knowledge of different aspects of the field so that you are successful in any position or career you pursue.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Graduate Certificate in Sports Management?
Our 100% online certificate provides fast-track training in the advanced competencies needed in a successful sports management career. Due to our online program format, you can receive a quality education while still remaining involved with your family, work, community, and church responsibilities. We strive every day to provide a quality, affordable and flexible education to all our students.
What Will You Learn in Our Graduate Certificate in Sports Management?
Our Graduate Certificate in Sports Management features courses that provide the training you need to lead in a sports-related setting. You will learn the marketing tools necessary to stand out in a competitive field as well as investigate the historical foundations of the sports industry and how to create effective ministry programs. You will also develop strong communication skills that are needed to lead and motivate others.
- SMGT 502 – Sports Marketing and Public Relations
- SMGT 504 – Foundations of Sport Ministry
- SMGT 633 – Management and Leadership in Sport Organizations
Military Benefits for the Graduate Certificate in Sports Management
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Eight-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Admission Requirements for the Online Graduate Certificate in Sports Management
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.
Information for the Graduate Certificate in Sports Management
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for course-specific information.
- This sports management certificate falls under the School of Business.
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year and no set login times.
Benefits of the Graduate Certificate in Sports Management
- By earning your Graduate Certificate in Sports Management from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our Graduate Certificate in Sports Management in as little as 1 semester.