Learn Foundational Business Skills with Liberty’s Online Associate Degree in Business
Business has a profound influence on all our lives. You can open yourself to a variety of career opportunities by learning more about how the business world works. And pursuing Liberty’s online business associate degree can be one of the first steps in your journey!
At Liberty, we develop programs to keep you on the cutting edge of your field both today and tomorrow. Check out some of the ways that Liberty business students get more out of their degree.
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America.
We’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
Gain the Skills Employers Want
Liberty University’s online associate degree in business offers introductory courses designed to develop your competencies in business administration. With an Associate of Arts in Business, you can gain broad and transferable knowledge that’s applicable to a variety of business settings. Your coursework will include topics in foundational accounting, organizational communication, business law, microeconomics, and international business. These core skills can equip you for a host of entry-level business positions that can act as a launching pad for your career or ministry.
Further Your Career with Integrity
The Liberty University School of Business strives to train strong businessmen and women who lead in their fields as Champions for Christ. As a business student at Liberty, we want you to be challenged to reach new levels of success, surrounded by faculty who are committed to helping you get there.
With Liberty, you will be encouraged to serve, love others, and become all that God has called you to be. We want our business students to be equipped as the kind of employees, leaders, and entrepreneurs that organizations are seeking. Partner with us to receive a business degree that prepares you for more.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Associate Degree in Business?
Our online associate degree in business is an industry leader in online business programs. Like many of Liberty’s online business programs, this degree is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Get more out of your degree. Our business courses provide a solid foundation in crucial topics like business communication, statistics, management, and global business. Even more, our courses are taught by professionals with real-world experience who will teach you how to practically apply business concepts to real-world leadership settings.
Flexibility that Allows You to Do More for Less
With Liberty’s 60-hour online A.A. in Business, you can complete your associate degree in just 1.5 years! Take courses in 8-week sections and fast-track your program with our additional summer semester. This flexible format allows you to fit your associate degree in business classes into your current schedule as you develop the skills you need to further your career.
And with an associate degree in business that’s offered 100% online, you won’t have to worry about taking courses on campus. You can focus on what’s important — your family, work, and community. With our strong academics, dedicated faculty, flexible online format, and commitment to the Christian faith, Liberty’s online business associate degree is tailored to meet your educational needs.
Training that Goes Beyond the Classroom
Liberty is committed not only to training you academically, but also to preparing you to pursue God in all areas of your life. With classwork viewed through a Christian lens and taught by professors who are devoted to their faith, our online associate degree in business can set you apart.
You can learn how to lead with integrity, serve those around you, and deal with ethical dilemmas in business settings. You can take these character traits with you outside of the classroom and make an impact on the people around you — in your workplace, your community, and your home.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s Online Associate Business Program?
In our Associate of Arts in Business, you can learn how to confidently approach opportunities in the business industry. Your courses will focus on a variety of decision-making methods and address issues through synthesis and evaluation. Our professors focus on teaching their students how to understand the intricacies of accounting, communication, law, ethics, and statistics within the realm of business.
As a Liberty associate degree in business student, you will study under Christian business professionals who have the same passion for business as you have. The same passion that has led our professors to years of success and the commitment to now share their insight with students like you.
From navigating database programs and creating detailed spreadsheets to managing general ledger accounts, you will master the practical skills you’ll need for a lifelong career in business. And not only will our program equip you with foundational business concepts that you can instantly apply to your current position, but our associate degree in business will also introduce you to the dynamic world of international business. The knowledge and skills developed through these courses can help you excel in an ever-changing global environment.
Some of the specific skills you can learn in our online business associate degree include:
- Foundational accounting principles in basic transactions, general ledger accounts, books of original entry, trial balances, financial statements, liabilities, sole proprietorship, equity, revenues, and expenses.
- The fundamentals of managerial accounting, including financial statement analysis, cost-volume-profit analysis, managerial decision-making, operational budgeting, and capital budgeting.
- Best practices in organizational communication for written, verbal, nonverbal, and technological formats.
- American legal principles that apply to the business environment, including contracts, employment relationships and issues, intellectual property, and international law.
- International business principles for global strategy, product development, operations, and human resources management.
With courses that range from broad to specific concepts, our associate degree in business can help prepare you for the kind of business setting that interests you most!
Associate Degree in Business Featured Courses
- ACCT 212 – Managerial Accounting
- BUSI 300 – Business Communications
- BUSI 303 – International Business
- ECON 213 – Principles of Microeconomics
A.A. in Business Online Degree Information
- The associate degree in business falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
A.A. in Business Online Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Associate Degree in Business Online Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online associate degree in business from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years ̶ and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty’s online associate degree in business is ACBSP accredited. Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation.
- You can complete an associate degree in business in less than 2 years.
- Students benefit from networking opportunities with other professionals in the program from around the country.
Potential Careers with an A.A. in Business Online
Our students’ career goals vary, and that is why our online associate degree in business is such a great fit. An online associate degree in business can provide you with the foundational skills and knowledge needed to enter the business industry.
Related Career Positions
You may be wondering what you can do with an associate degree in business. Some of the specific associate degree in business jobs and positions you can pursue include:
- Account manager
- Administrative assistant
- Business office manager
- Customer service associate
- Executive assistant
- Human resource manager
- Management analyst
- Store manager
Related Career Fields
An online business associate degree can prepare you for entry-level positions in a variety of fields, including:
- General business
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Associate Degree in Business Online
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.