Our Online Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction Equips You to Lead in the Classroom
Liberty University’s 100% online Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction is designed to help education professionals gain the advanced knowledge and training they need to plan a curriculum that captures the unique needs of K-12 classrooms, colleges, and universities. This certificate is geared toward those interested in learning about advanced theories in curriculum and instruction but might be short on time or resources to commit to a degree program.
Our Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction provides a seamless transition to our Educational Specialist (Ed.S.) program, which provides the credentials you need to eventually continue on to a corresponding doctoral degree.
Perfect for Military Benefits
If you have served in the military, we want to go above and beyond to show you our gratitude. That’s why we designed our 21 credit hour certificates to work especially well for you.
If your plans to earn a doctoral degree lay further in the future, each certificate also stands on its own as a professional development credential, setting you apart from your peers and giving you the flexibility to start a doctoral degree whenever you’re ready. It’s one more way we show our appreciation.
Why Should You Choose Liberty’s Online Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction?
If you want to improve your curriculum planning skills but don’t have time to commit to a degree program, our online Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction will help you gain the curriculum-planning skills you need to succeed in advanced levels of education. Take this opportunity to further your career by learning advanced skills that can immediately be put to use in your classroom.
Our Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction develops educators with a Christian worldview who want to bring positive change while educating the next generation of leaders. This post-graduate certificate provides a professional development opportunity that can make a significant difference in your career.
What Will You Learn in our Online Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction?
This certificate program begins with exploring the current theories and research within education. You will learn how to manage classrooms that are comprised of students with different cultural backgrounds, educational needs, learning abilities, and motivation levels. Because so much of the classroom environment involves leadership, you will also explore different leadership styles and how they can influence your students and curriculum within classroom settings.
You will discover some of the current issues and trends in the field of education with particular emphasis being placed on teaching and learning. You will also grow professionally by learning how to evaluate and research specific areas of interest within K-12 or college and university level. Our experienced professors will guide you through the process of academic research and how to use it to expand your knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- EDUC 721 – Issues and Trends in Exceptionality
- EDUC 730 – Issues and Trends in Learning Technologies or EDUC 745 – Organizational Analysis and Problem Solving
- EDUC 735 – Issues and Trends in Curriculum and Instruction
- EDUC 771 – Curriculum Theory
- EDUC 848 – Culture and Educational Leadership
- EDUC 871 – Investigations in Curriculum Change
- EDUC 872 – Research in Curriculum Design and Development
Program Highlights of the Online Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction in as little as 1.5 years.
- You may apply many credits earned in our online Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction toward a relevant post-graduate or doctoral degree.
Online Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides. (login required)
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses.
- Roll these credits into the corresponding doctoral degree
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Admission Requirements for the Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.