Our Online Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction Equips You to Lead in the Classroom
Liberty University’s 100% online Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction is designed to help education professionals gain the advanced knowledge and training they need to plan a curriculum that captures the unique needs of K-12 classrooms, colleges, and universities. This certificate is geared toward those interested in learning about advanced theories in curriculum and instruction but might be short on time or resources to commit to a degree program.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Instructional Coordinators, 2020 (viewed online June 22, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Our Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction provides a seamless transition to our Educational Specialist (Ed.S.) program, which provides the credentials you need to eventually continue on to a corresponding doctoral degree.
Potential Careers with an Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction
Our Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited certificate:
- Curriculum specialist
- Educational consultant
- Educational technology specialist
- Instructional coordinator
The skills you gain in leadership and education can help you in your current role at your organization or help prepare you for positions of elevated responsibility. Because some occupations may require that you have a doctorate, Liberty created Executive Certificates that can seamlessly transfer into one of our corresponding postgraduate or doctoral programs. You can transfer all 21 credits from this certificate into our Education Specialist (Ed.S.) program. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with an Executive Certificate from Liberty University.
Military Tuition Discount
If you have served in the military, we want to go above and beyond to show you our gratitude. That’s why we designed our 21-credit-hour certificates to work especially well for you. Earning an Executive Certificate makes you eligible for our military alumni doctoral discount — you’ll receive the discounted $275/credit hour military rate both during the certificate and later during the corresponding doctoral degree after you roll over your completed credits.*
If your plans to earn a doctoral degree lie further in the future, each certificate also stands on its own as a professional development credential, setting you apart from your peers and giving you the flexibility to start a doctoral degree whenever you’re ready. It’s one more way we show our appreciation.
Even if you later decide to pursue a doctoral degree in a different subject area, you’ll still receive a discounted rate during your doctorate as long as you’ve previously completed an Executive Certificate.*
*In order to retain a discounted rate, the doctoral degree must be started within 2 years of completing the Executive Certificate.
Please note: The $275/credit hour rate only applies to select education certificates/programs.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction?
If you want to expand your expertise but don’t have time to commit to a degree program, our online Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction will help you gain the curriculum-planning skills you need to succeed in advanced levels of education. Take this opportunity to further your career by learning advanced skills that can immediately be put to use in your classroom.
Our Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction develops educators with a Christian worldview who want to bring positive change while educating the next generation of leaders. This post-graduate certificate provides a professional development opportunity that can make a significant difference in your career.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction?
This certificate program begins with exploring the current theories and research within education. You can learn how to manage classrooms that are comprised of students with different cultural backgrounds, educational needs, learning abilities, and motivation levels. Because so much of the classroom environment involves leadership, you will also explore different leadership styles and how they can influence your students and curriculum within classroom settings.
You can discover some of the current issues and trends in the field of education with particular emphasis being placed on teaching and learning. You can also grow professionally by learning how to evaluate and research specific areas of interest within K-12 or college and university level. Our experienced professors will guide you through the process of academic research and how to use it to expand your knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- EDUC 721 – Issues and Trends in Exceptionality
- EDUC 730 – Issues and Trends in Learning Technologies or EDUC 745 – Organizational Analysis and Problem Solving
- EDUC 735 – Issues and Trends in Curriculum and Instruction
- EDUC 771 – Curriculum Theory
- EDUC 848 – Culture and Educational Leadership
- EDUC 871 – Investigations in Curriculum Change
- EDUC 872 – Research in Curriculum Design and Development
Program Highlights of the Online Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction in as little as 1.5 years.
- You may apply many credits earned in our online Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction toward a relevant post-graduate or doctoral degree.
Online Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides. (login required)
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses.
- Roll these credits into the corresponding doctoral degree
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences).
Admission Requirements for the Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.