Pursue a Postgraduate Credential and Increase Your Career Opportunities
Take your master’s degree further with a postgraduate certificate in public policy. If you aren’t ready to dive into a doctoral program but want to gain more knowledge or increase your career potential, an Executive Certificate may be the next step for you. Deepen your understanding of public policy by studying its roots as well as the challenges of complying with policy directives in the modern era.
Liberty University’s Executive Certificate in Public Policy provides a comprehensive, 21-credit-hour track for students like you. Whether you are a current or aspiring leader, administrator, scholar, or advocate, you can quickly gain a postgraduate credential while preparing for future doctoral studies. Our program allows you to transfer all 21 credits into the PhD in Public Policy, leaving you just 39 credits away from a completed doctorate!
Perfect for Military Benefits
If you have served in the military, we want to go above and beyond to show you our gratitude. That’s why we designed our 21-credit-hour certificates to work especially well for you. Earning an Executive Certificate makes you eligible for our military alumni doctoral discount — you’ll be able to roll these credits into the corresponding doctoral degree and pay only $300 per hour for the remaining credits.
If your plans to earn a doctoral degree lay further in the future, each certificate also stands on its own as a professional development credential, setting you apart from your peers and giving you the flexibility to start a doctoral degree whenever you’re ready. It’s one more way we show our appreciation.
Why Choose Liberty’s Executive Certificate Public Policy Program?
If you want to pursue advanced credentials but don’t want to jump right into a doctoral program, our online Executive Certificate in Public Policy can help. Completing a postgraduate certificate in your field can help you stand out among your peers and pursue new job responsibilities or even increase your earning potential. Most importantly, these new opportunities can be available to you in as little as 1.5 years with our 21-credit-hour program!
With Liberty, you can be confident that your studies will also incorporate a Christian worldview. Partner with professors who care about your personal journey and success as you strive to bring positive change as a leader in your field. You won’t just walk away with a postgraduate credential — you can walk away equipped to make a difference with confidence and integrity.
What Will You Learn in Our Executive Certificate in Public Policy?
In this public policy postgraduate certificate program, you can develop leadership, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills that will be invaluable to you in both your career and future doctoral studies. Our courses are also designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to advocate, develop, implement, or enforce compliance with public policy.
You will also explore advanced topics in some of the challenges that have been mounted against the Constitution. You will see how public policy affects and is affected by economics over time. With a career in the public sector, you’ll want a certificate program that provides both the high-level training and specific skills you’ll need for whatever position you are called to fill – and that’s exactly what our Executive Certificate can offer you.
- PLCY 700 – Foundations of Statesmanship and Public Policy
- PLCY 701 – Natural Law, the State, and the Gospel
- PLCY 702 – Founding Era and the Constitution
- PLCY 703 – Contemporary Challenges to Constitutional Order
- PLCY 704 – Economics and Public Policy
- PLCY 802 – Competing Visions of Statesmanship
- PLCY 804 – Statesmanship, Federalism, and Intergovernmental Relations
Highlights of Our Executive Certificates
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online Executive Certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- Our Executive Certificates allow you to transfer all 21 credit hours into one of our corresponding PhD programs. With the majority of our doctoral programs being 60 credit hours long, you will need as few as 39 credits to complete your doctoral studies!
- If you are looking to continue into a doctorate after completing this certificate, our PhD in Public Policy will allow you to transfer in all of your certificate credits – so you can walk away with a competitive executive credential as well as a terminal degree in public policy.
Executive Certificate in Public Policy Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Career Opportunities for Executive Public Policy Certificate Graduates
- Budget analyst
- Compliance officer
- Foundation program officer
- Legislative aide
- Military officer
- Nonprofit manager
- Public affairs officer
- Public official
- Public policy analyst
- Research director
- Urban planner
Some of these occupations may require that you have a PhD. That’s why Liberty created Executive Certificates that can seamlessly transfer into one of our corresponding PhD programs. So if you are looking to further your studies after completing your certificate in public policy, you will be able to transfer all 21 credits into our PhD in Public Policy!
Admission Requirements for Executive Certificates
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.
Military Benefits for Our Online Executive Certificates
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $300 per credit hour for postgraduate courses
- Roll these credits into the corresponding doctoral degree
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Please note: The $300/credit hour doctoral military rate cannot be combined with the First Responder Discount.