Help Gifted Students Reach Their Full Potential by Earning an Online Graduate Certificate in Gifted Education
Our 100% online Graduate Certificate in Gifted Education program will provide you with the training you need to help gifted students reach their highest potential. As a student in our gifted education certificate program, you will study best practices for identifying and mentoring children with advanced intellectual and creative abilities. You will also learn how to create gifted education programs that meet the needs of students and their schools. Throughout our gifted education certificate program, you will learn how to work with administrators, school boards, and parents as an advocate for gifted students, so they can better support these talented students.
Add-on Endorsement Opportunity
If you already have your initial teaching license and have an interest in meeting the needs of gifted and talented students, our Graduate Certificate in Gifted Education can help qualify you for an add-on endorsement in Gifted Education. The add-on endorsement in Gifted Education will help to prepare you to teach, lead, and direct gifted and talented students and gifted student programs. In addition to the certificate, you will need to complete a three credit hour practicum to meet the field hour requirement for this add-on endorsement. For additional information, please visit the School of Education website.
Why Choose Liberty’s Graduate Gifted Education Certificate?
As a pioneer in distance learning since 1985, we have used our experience to design an online program that meets your needs as both a student and a professional. Our 100% online gifted education graduate certificate has no set login times, and, with its eight-week course format, can be completed in as little as one semester.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), so you can be sure this Graduate Certificate in Gifted Education provides you with the quality education you need while maximizing your time and allowing you to begin investing in your gifted and talented students sooner.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Gifted Education Graduate Certificate Program?
By pursuing your online Graduate Certificate in Gifted Education at Liberty University, you will receive quality instruction from educators with real-world experience in the gifted classroom. Based on leading research and biblical principles, our gifted education graduate certificate offers an in-depth, yet concise, training in gifted learning theory and best practices.
Our online gifted education graduate certificate will guide you through an exploration of the unique emotional, academic, and social needs of gifted learners so you can build a productive learning environment for your students. In your online education classes, you will learn how to secure funding and resources for your school’s gifted education program as well as how to organize, oversee, and assess its effectiveness.
- EDUC 526 – Principles & Practices in Gifted Education
- EDUC 620 – Organization & Design of Gifted Education Programs
- EDUC 621 – Educational Assessment for Special Needs
- EDUC 627 – Readings & Research in Gifted Education
Program Highlights of Our Online Gifted Education Graduate Certificate
- By earning your Graduate Certificate in Gifted Education online from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- We are regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You can complete your Graduate Certificate in Gifted Education online in as little as one semester.
- You may apply earned credits from your online Graduate Certificate in Gifted Education toward a relevant master’s degree.
Similar Online Degree Program
You may also be interested in taking the next step in your education with Liberty’s online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Gifted Education degree.
Our Online Graduate Gifted Education Certificate Program Information
- Download and explore the Certificate Completion Plan.
- This online graduate certificate program falls under the School of Education.
- View the gifted education course syllabi (login required).
- Gainful Employment Data
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Graduate Certificate in Gifted Education Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.