Help Gifted Students Reach Their Full Potential with a Gifted Education Certificate
Liberty’s online Graduate Certificate in Gifted Education can equip you to help exceptional students learn, grow, and thrive in school. Throughout this program, you will study best practices for identifying and mentoring children with advanced intellectual and creative abilities. You’ll also learn how to create gifted education programs that meet the needs of students and their schools.
Partner with us and prepare to serve as an advocate for gifted and talented students of all ages.
What is a gifted and talented teacher?
A gifted teacher is someone who teaches students with exceptional intellectual abilities. As a gifted education teacher, you can develop lessons and assignments that challenge bright students to be their best.
What is a gifted specialist?
After completing this certificate, you may want to pursue a career as a gifted specialist — someone who works with parents, teachers, and school administrators to ensure the needs of gifted students are being met.
What is the difference between an endorsement and a certification?
A certification is a license to teach. If you already have a teaching license, you can hone your skills in a particular area of education by pursuing an add-on endorsement. Find out how you can earn a gifted endorsement online through our Graduate Certificate in Gifted Education program!
Why do we need gifted education programs?
Gifted education programs are a vital part of elementary, middle, and high schools because some students need a more challenging education than the one offered in regular classrooms. As a gifted education teacher or specialist, you can help identify these students and develop learning experiences that allow them to thrive.
Why Choose Liberty’s Gifted and Talented Education Program Online?
The Graduate Certificate in Gifted Education is offered 100% online, and the courses have no set login times. The best part? You can complete this program in just 1 semester! We provide a fast, flexible path to graduation that lets you achieve your academic goals without uprooting your personal or professional life.
In this program, you’ll study under professors who have years of experience working in education. With their guidance, you can learn how to help gifted students succeed. Our graduate certificate is an excellent alternative to a full-length master’s program, allowing you to further your education while saving time and money!
Do you already have an initial teaching license? If so, this certificate can help you pursue an add-on endorsement in gifted education! Completing an online gifted endorsement program may help increase your marketability and professional expertise.
To qualify for this endorsement, you must complete a 45-hour practicum in addition to the regular certificate courses. Please visit the School of Education Graduate Certificate Programs page for more information about pursuing a gifted education endorsement online at Liberty.
What Will You Learn in Our Gifted and Talented Certificate Online Courses?
Our gifted education curriculum is based on leading research and biblical principles. You’ll receive specialized training in the theory and practice of gifted learning. With this knowledge, you can prepare to identify gifted learners at an early age and help meet their unique social, emotional, and academic needs.
Learn how to foster a productive learning environment for your students. In Liberty’s online education classes, you will learn how to secure funding and resources for your school’s gifted education program, as well as organize, oversee, and assess the program’s effectiveness. This certificate also explores strategies for teaching gifted students and developing a rigorous curriculum that challenges their minds.
- EDGL 526 – Identification and Education of the Gifted Learner
- EDGL 598 – Field Experience Practicum (for students seeking an add-on endorsement)
- EDGL 619 – Supporting the Social, Emotional, and Guidance Needs of the Gifted
- EDGL 620 – Curriculum and Methods for Teaching Gifted Learners
- EDGL 627 – Program Design and Services in Gifted Education
Highlights of Liberty’s Gifted and Talented Program Online
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- Liberty University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Our online classes are only 8 weeks long, with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- If you are a licensed teacher, this certificate can help you pursue an add-on gifted and talented endorsement.
- This program can equip you to pursue a related master’s degree, such as Liberty’s M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Gifted Education.
- If you’re a full-time parent or professional, we provide the flexibility you need to continue your education.
Gifted Education Certificate Information
- This online graduate certificate program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and explore the Certificate Completion Plan for Liberty’s gifted certificate online.
- View our Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Online Gifted Education Courses
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for the Gifted and Talented Teacher Certificate Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.