Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Education for Your Doctoral Degree Program?
Reach the pinnacle of achievement in advanced education studies with an online doctoral degree from Liberty University!
Our online doctoral degrees can help you acquire the knowledge, skills, and training you need to lead students and academic institutions successfully. Because Liberty is an accredited Christian university, you can pair your passion for education with a Christ-centered program that will prepare you for leadership that doesn’t compromise your Christian values.
Whether you are preparing for an administrative or a curriculum and instruction track, you will find the tools you need to succeed while being mentored by our faculty of education professionals with real-world experience. Our doctoral degree programs are 100% online, allowing you to pursue your professional activities and spend time with your family while earning your degree.
If you have any questions, please contact an admissions counselor at (800) 424-9596!
Be a Leader in Education with a Doctoral Degree from
Liberty University’s School of Education offers the following doctoral degrees:
Liberty’s 100% online Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) is designed to prepare effective leaders with a biblical worldview who will model high academic standards of scholarship and teaching practice through leadership roles in the field of education.
Liberty’s 100% online Ph.D. in Advanced Educational Studies degree programs are designed to provide post-Ed.D. graduates an accelerated path to advanced research studies and a Ph.D. dissertation.
Liberty’s 100% online Ph.D. in Education degree programs are designed to provide the training you need to work in top leadership positions within education and academia.
Liberty’s 100% online Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration is designed to prepare competent researchers and effective leaders with a biblical worldview who will model excellent scholarship and academic administration in leadership roles in higher education.
We also offer Executive Certificates
Not sure if you are ready to commit to a 60-credit-hour doctoral program? An Executive Certificate may be the path for you. You will complete the same doctoral-level coursework but on a much faster, 21-credit-hour track. This can help you test the waters and see if a full Ph.D. or Ed.D. is the best option for you.
- Executive Certificate in Special Education — With this certificate, you will work towards a postgraduate credential while preparing specifically for our Ph.D. in Education – Special Education. If you choose to pursue this Ph.D. after completing your certificate, all 21 credit hours will be transferred into the Ph.D.
- Executive Certificate in Instructional Design and Technology — This certificate builds on your education experience to help you develop advanced learning tools, curriculums, and training while preparing you for our Ph.D. in Education — Instructional Design and Technology. All 21 credit hours of this certificate will transfer to this Ph.D. track.
What Are the Benefits of an Online Doctoral Degree from Liberty University?
Our online doctoral degree programs offer students great benefits:
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Our education degrees are offered in 8-week course formats, with 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times!
- Many graduate education programs are accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) standards through the CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) Accreditation System.
- The ability to join Kappa Delta Pi (KDP), which is an international honor society in education with the purpose of promoting excellence in future professionals and recognizing outstanding contributions made to education.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate Ed.D. courses
- Executive Certificate tuition discount – $300 per credit hour
- Pursuing one of our Ph.D. programs? Find out how you can earn a Ph.D. for only $300 per credit hour!
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per Ed.D. course*)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
*First Responder Discount cannot be combined with Liberty’s military discount for Ph.D. programs.