Enhance Your Middle School Teaching Skills with Our Graduate Certificate in Middle Grades Education
Our 100% online Graduate Certificate in Middle Grades is designed to improve your teaching abilities for grades 6-8 in a variety of educational environments, including public and private middle schools.
Can I Teach with a Graduate Certificate in Middle Grades?
A certificate provides documented credentials for job or post-graduate program requirements. However, this middle grades education certificate will not qualify you for teaching licensure. Teachers seeking licensure should consider our Master of Arts in Teaching program instead.
Why Choose Liberty’s Graduate Certificate in Middle Grades Education?
As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, we have the experience and resources you need to become a better teacher and advance your career in education. Taught from a biblical worldview, our online Graduate Certificate in Middle Grades embodies our belief in the power of faith and education to change lives. You will learn from professors who have served as middle school teachers and administrators and who will help you professionally integrate your faith into your classroom so you are prepared to impact your students as a Champion for Christ.
All courses in this middle grades education graduate certificate program are offered in an 8-week, 100% online format with no set login times so you can further your education while remaining active in your career and family. Additionally, you can complete our online middle grades graduate certificate in as little as one semester, and your credits may transfer to one of our related online master’s degrees – so you can have a head start on pursuing a graduate degree program.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Middle School Graduate Certificate Program?
To help equip adolescents for success in their middle school years, you need an advanced understanding of educational theory and best practices in education to help you reach your middle school students. Throughout this middle grades certificate, you will increase your understanding of the many kinds of instructional methods, so you can better understand your students and how they learn. You will also study the psycho-social setting of middle school education, relevant learning theories, and how to network with other teachers.
- EDUC 601 – Professional Development in Middle Grades Education
- EDUC 602 – Young Adolescents, Schools, and Communities
- Choose one of the following courses:
- EDUC 635 – Teaching Science in the Middle School
- EDUC 637 – Teaching Social Studies in the Middle School
Our Middle Grades Online Graduate Certificate Program Information
- This online certificate program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this education program.
- View the graduate middle grades education certificate program course syllabi (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Our Online Middle Grades Education Graduate Certificate Highlights
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years – and counting.
- You can complete this middle grades graduate certificate program online in as little as 1 semester.
- You may be able to transfer the courses you complete in the middle school certificate to applicable education graduate programs when you are ready to further your career.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Graduate Middle Grades Certificate Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.