Educate and Inspire Urban Students with Our Graduate Certificate in Urban Education
Liberty University’s 100% online Graduate Certificate in Urban Education is designed to equip you with the cultural awareness and teaching skills needed to teach in urban settings. As a pioneer in distance education, Liberty has been helping our students serve their own students since 1985.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, High School Teachers, 2020 (viewed online June 23, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
This non-licensure certificate program is an ideal fit for current educators seeking additional credentials for teaching in urban settings. Inner-city schooling can present several unique challenges, so we designed this program to cultivate confident, Christ-centered educators who can capture the hearts and minds of urban students. Partner with us and become the best teacher you can be!
Potential Careers with a Graduate Certificate in Urban Education
Our Graduate Certificate in Urban Education can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited certificate:
- Curriculum specialist
- Community organizer
- Education policymaker
- K-12 urban education director
- Private school teacher
The teaching and community outreach skills that you gain from our Graduate Certificate in Urban Education can be an asset and supplement your current experience in the education field. Additionally, the credits from this certificate may transfer directly into the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Urban Education. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a Graduate Certificate in Urban Education from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
Why Choose Liberty’s Graduate Certificate in Urban Education and Leadership?
Do you currently teach in an urban setting? Perhaps you’re looking for additional knowledge of how to best serve your students, but you’ve had trouble finding a concise, respected urban education program. If so, Liberty’s Graduate Certificate in Urban Education may be for you!
Today’s urban youth face challenges that suburban and rural students may not be familiar with. Students in urban communities often struggle with drug use, hunger, or poverty. Our urban education graduate program can equip you with the advanced training needed to encourage and support students who live in cities.
Our Graduate Certificate in Urban Education and leadership is offered 100% online and can be completed in just 1 semester – allowing you to earn a valuable professional credential without sacrificing your priorities. In addition, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). You can rest assured that your urban education and leadership certificate will be respected by employers and peers alike.
What Will You Learn in Our Graduate Certificate in Urban Education Program?
Liberty’s online Graduate Certificate in Urban Education program offers insight into the challenges that come with teaching and living in an urban community. Through this graduate program in urban education, you will be exposed to the diversity of K-12 urban classrooms and learn strategies that can be used to work with students and their families. You will also study educational issues that are unique to urban areas.
In this certificate program, you can gain an understanding of proven strategies that can be used to assist inner-city students, as well as study the importance of family-school-community partnerships. Culturally responsive teaching is a hallmark of any successful educator, and with this certificate program, you can gain cross-cultural skills that can be applied directly to diverse, urban classrooms.
Choose one of the following courses:
- EDUC 542 – Culturally Responsive Teaching
- EDUC 544 – Research in Urban Education
- EDUC 547 – The Differentiated Classroom
Highlights of Our Graduate Certificate in Urban Education Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- You can complete this urban education graduate certificate program in as little as 1 semester.
- You can transfer the courses you complete throughout this certificate into an applicable education graduate program, such as the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Urban Education.
Certificate in Urban Education Graduate Program Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Certificate in Urban Education Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Graduate Certificates
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.