Enhance Your Strategic Business Skills with Our Online Graduate Certificate in Applied Communication Studies
Effective communication skills are necessary in every career field. All industries need people who excel at written and verbal communication. Professionals who have these skills are well on their way to success. Our online Graduate Certificate in Applied Communication Studies can help you gain advanced business communication skills to help you stand out to employers. This program can help you understand how to use communications in a wide range of settings. You will learn to adapt messages to meet specific needs within a company.
Median Annual Wage
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Occupational Outlook Handbook: Media and Communication Occupations (viewed online June 22, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Graduate Certificate in Applied Communication Studies?
At Liberty, we want to help graduate students like you train for success in a way that fits your lifestyle. That’s why we’ve designed our Graduate Certificate in Applied Communication Studies to be completed 100% online.
You can pursue your education goals without putting your life on hold. You can complete your graduate courses from the comfort of your own home. You’ll have the freedom to focus on what really matters — like your family and job.
Potential Career Options with a Graduate Certificate in Applied Communication Studies
Our applied communication studies certificate can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our applied communications certificate:
- Advertising strategist
- Brand manager
- Communications coordinator
- Communications liaison
- Digital marketing specialist
- Public relations consultant
The critical thinking, communication, and media skills that you gain from our certificate in applied communication studies can be an asset in many other aspects of the marketing world as you pursue positions of added responsibility. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a Graduate Certificate in Applied Communication Studies from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
Our goal is to help you become a Champion for Christ. At Liberty, you will learn from professors whose faith is rooted in a biblical worldview. They can teach you practical ways to integrate Christian principles into your career.
Additionally, our faculty have real-world experience in business communications. They can help you learn how to improve your company’s internal and external communication strategies.
What Will You Learn in Our Applied Communication Studies Certificate Program?
This graduate certificate teaches you how to use both new and traditional forms of media to create messages that target specific audiences. You can learn effective communication techniques that can help you motivate people, manage organizational stress, develop teams, and lead team members through change. By completing this graduate certificate, you can gain marketable skills that can help you become a leader in your field.
Your certificate courses can also help you understand the theories that are behind successful communications campaigns. You’ll learn how to apply these theories to find practical solutions to your company’s problems.
You can learn how to strategically use your communication skills in the workplace. These skills can be related to conflict management, small group communication, public affairs, social media, leadership, public speaking, and interpersonal communication. Overall, your courses can help you understand what kinds of messages are most effective for different types of audiences.
What is Applied Communications?
Applied communication is a versatile field that can open doors to many different careers in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors. You can use your applied communication skills to become a leader in the field and help your company achieve its goals. If you want to learn specialized communication skills without completing a master’s program, this certificate may be what you need.
- COMS 542 – Communication in Christian Ministry
- STCO 532 – Media Technologies and Communication Strategies
- STCO 622 – Organizational Communication Theory and Practice
Highlights of Liberty’s Online Graduate Certificate in Communication Studies
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online Graduate Certificate in Applied Communication Studies from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- You can complete your Graduate Certificate in Applied Communication Studies in as little as 1 semester.
- When you complete this graduate certificate, you can apply the credits you earn to our related master’s in interdisciplinary studies.
Online Graduate Certificate in Applied Communication Information
- This online graduate certificate program falls under the School of Communication and the Arts.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for our applied communication program.
- View the Graduate Communication and the Arts Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for the Graduate Certificate in Applied Communication Studies Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.25 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.