Enhance Your Strategic Business Skills with Our Online Graduate Certificate in Applied Communication Studies
Effective communication skills are necessary in every career field. All industries need people who excel at written and verbal communication. Professionals who have these skills are well on their way to success.
Our online Graduate Certificate in Applied Communication Studies can help you gain advanced business communication skills to help you stand out to employers.
This program will help you understand how to use communications in a wide range of settings. You will learn to adapt messages to meet specific needs within a company.
What is Applied Communications?
Applied communication is a versatile field that can open doors to many different careers in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors. You can use your applied communication skills to become a leader in the field and help your company achieve its goals. If you want to learn specialized communication skills without completing a master’s program, this certificate may be what you need.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Graduate Certificate in Applied Communication Studies?
At Liberty, we want to help graduate students like you train for success in a way that fits your lifestyle. That’s why we’ve designed our Graduate Certificate in Applied Communication Studies to be completely online.
You can pursue your education goals without putting your life on hold. You can complete your graduate courses from the comfort of your own home. You’ll have the freedom to focus on what really matters — like your family and job.
Our goal is to help you become a Champion for Christ. At Liberty, you will learn from professors whose faith is rooted in a biblical worldview. They can teach you practical ways to integrate Christian principles into your career.
Additionally, our faculty have real-world experience in business communications. They can help you learn how to improve your company’s internal and external communication strategies.
What Will You Learn in Our Applied Communication Studies Certificate Program?
This graduate certificate teaches you how to use both new and traditional forms of media to create messages that target specific audiences. You will learn effective communication techniques that can help you motivate people, manage organizational stress, develop teams, and lead team members through change. By completing this graduate certificate, you will gain marketable skills that can help you become a leader in your field.
Your certificate courses will also help you understand the theories that are behind successful communications campaigns. You’ll learn how to apply these theories to find practical solutions to your company’s problems.
You will learn how to strategically use your communication skills in the workplace. These skills will be related to conflict management, small group communication, public affairs, social media, leadership, public speaking, and interpersonal communication. Overall, your courses will help you understand what kinds of messages are most effective for different types of audiences.
- STCO 532 – Media Technologies and Communication Strategies
- COMS 542 – Communication in Christian Ministry
- STCO 622 – Strategic Organizational Communication
Highlights of Liberty’s Online Graduate Certificate in Communication Studies
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Graduate Certificate in Applied Communication Studies from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years — and counting.
- You can complete your Graduate Certificate in Applied Communication Studies in as little as 1 semester.
- When you complete this graduate certificate, you can apply the credits you earn to one of our related master’s programs.
Online Graduate Certificate in Applied Communication Information
- This online graduate certificate program falls under the School of Communication and the Arts.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for our applied communication program.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for the Graduate Certificate in Applied Communication Studies Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.25 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.