Develop Advanced Nursing Expertise with Liberty’s Online Executive Certificate in Nursing Educational Leadership
Do you want to take your expertise in nursing further but aren’t ready to commit to a doctoral degree? Liberty’s 100% online Executive Certificate in Nursing Educational Leadership can help you gain new, advanced skills you can use to boost your career while preparing yourself for a PhD. Through this executive certificate, you will conduct original research and generate new ideas as well as design, implement, and communicate findings to programs for nurses — including college nursing programs.
Our Executive Certificate programs are designed to align with Liberty’s PhD programs to transfer into our PhD tracks. This format allows you to transfer the 21 credit hours from the Executive Certificate in Nursing Educational Leadership into our PhD in Nursing – Nursing Education.
Liberty’s Executive Certificate in Nursing Educational Leadership can give you the in-depth academic studies in nursing you need to work toward your career and long-term education goals.
Perfect for Military Benefits
If you have served in the military, we want to go above and beyond to show you our gratitude. That’s why we designed our 21-credit-hour certificates to work especially well for you. Earning an Executive Certificate makes you eligible for our military alumni doctoral discount — you’ll be able to roll these credits into the corresponding doctoral degree and pay only $300 per hour for the remaining credits.
If your plans to earn a doctoral degree lay further in the future, each certificate also stands on its own as a professional development credential, setting you apart from your peers and giving you the flexibility to start a doctoral degree whenever you’re ready. It’s one more way we show our appreciation.
Why Choose Liberty’s Executive Certificate in Nursing Educational Leadership?
Liberty University’s online Executive Certificate in Nursing Educational Leadership is the best path forward if you want to engage in doctoral-level nursing studies but are not prepared to pursue a full PhD program. With 21 credit hours in advanced nursing education training, you will build on your master’s-level studies and earn a postgraduate credential that can open new doors for your career. With the ability to earn your Executive Certificate in as little as 4 semesters, you will be well on your way to completing a PhD within a 3-year total time frame.
At Liberty, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. That means each of your professors will provide a balanced approach to nursing practice and education – all rooted in a biblical worldview. Your professors are professionals who have doctoral degrees in nursing or a related field and have experience engaging in sound scholarship and nursing best practices.
Each course in your Executive Certificate in Nursing Educational Leadership is 100% online with 8-week courses and no set login times. This flexibility allows you to pursue your certificate while maintaining your commitments to your family, career, and community.
What Will You Learn in Our Executive Certificate in Nursing Educational Leadership?
In this program, you’ll learn to design and lead effective nursing education programs for the next generation of medical professionals. Your coursework will help you become a confident leader equipped to implement change and improvements to nursing education. Through multi-disciplinary courses and online interaction with your professors throughout the program, you will develop the skills you need to lead and collaborate with healthcare teams and create positive change.
Through this Executive Certificate, you will study essential topics that will help you to:
- Act as a professional nursing leader, role model, and mentor for those who wish to pursue advancement in nursing.
- Advocate for policies and programs that improve health outcomes for individuals and communities.
- Apply ethical decision-making and values to the nursing profession based on a biblical worldview.
- Educate the next generation of nurse scholars to add to the global community of nursing professionals.
- Synthesize the philosophical and theoretical underpinnings of nursing in the practice of research.
- NURS 721 – Leadership, Policies, and Ethics
- NURS 764 – Learning Theories and Teaching Methods for Nurse Educators
- NURS 765 – Curriculum Development and Program Evaluation for Nurse Educators
- NURS 766 – Advanced Evaluation Strategies for Nurse Educators
- NURS 784 – Assessment and Accreditation for Nursing Programs
- NURS 833 – Nurse Leaders in Higher Education
- NURS 837 – Grant Writing and Publication
Highlights of Our Executive Certificates
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Executive Certificate in Nursing Educational Leadership from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- Liberty’s state-of-the-art digital resources and full-time research assistants will provide you with everything you need to engage in top-tier scholarly research.
- This program is offered in an 8-week course format with 8 different start dates each year and no set login times!
Executive Certificate in Nursing Educational Leadership Information
- This program falls under the School of Nursing.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Nursing Course Guides (login required).
Career Opportunities for Executive Certificate in Nursing Educational Leadership Graduates
- Health policy advocate
- Hospital administrator
- Nurse scientist
- Nursing professor/faculty member
- Nursing researcher
Some of these occupations may require that you have a PhD. That’s why Liberty created Executive Certificates that can seamlessly transfer into one of our corresponding PhD programs. So if you are looking to further your studies after completing your Executive Certificate in Nursing Educational Leadership, you will be able to transfer all 21 credits into our PhD in Nursing – Nursing Education!
Military Benefits for Our Online Executive Certificates
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $300 per credit hour for postgraduate courses
- Roll these credits into the corresponding doctoral degree
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Please note: The $300/credit hour doctoral military rate cannot be combined with the First Responder Discount.
Admission Requirements for the Executive Certificate in Nursing Educational Leadership
A regionally or nationally accredited Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee**
- Official college transcripts showing successful completion of a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree
- Contact information for 1 recommender
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of English proficiency
Executive Certificate in Nursing Educational Leadership students must also meet the following requirements:
- Registered Nurse licensure verification will be conducted annually until the curriculum for the online Executive Certificate in Nursing Educational Leadership is completed. You, as the student, are responsible to notify the School of Nursing should any restrictions be placed on your license.
- One year minimum experience as a Registered Nurse (RN).
**There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.