Increase Your Understanding of the New Testament by Completing Our Online Greek Classes
Are you interested in studying the New Testament in its original language? Do you want to enhance your understanding of Scripture and more fully grasp its meaning? If so, Liberty can help! With our 100% online Graduate Certificate in Greek, you can learn more about the context and purpose of the New Testament writings.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Occupational Employment and Wage Statistics: Religious Workers, All Other, 2020 (viewed online June 23, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
This program provides practical training in biblical interpretation and the Greek language. Whether you’re looking to strengthen your ministry or enrich your personal study of the Bible, our online courses can help you grasp the basics of biblical Greek. You’ll study the grammar and syntax of the language as well as develop a solid foundation for future studies at the master’s or doctoral level.
Why pursue a certificate in Greek?
By completing a graduate certificate, you can receive additional training and credentials that may be helpful for career advancement. At only 12 credit hours, Liberty’s online biblical Greek certificate can be completed in just 2 semesters, allowing you to develop new skills while saving time and money!
Upon successful completion of this certificate, you may want to continue your studies and complete a graduate program. Maybe you’re interested in pursuing a master’s in Greek degree. If so, all of the credits from this certificate can transfer seamlessly into our master’s in biblical languages – language exegesis as well as our MDiv in Biblical Languages!
Why Choose Liberty’s Graduate Certificate in Greek?
Liberty University has been a pioneer in distance learning since 1985. A lot has changed since then, but our commitment to Training Champions for Christ has not. We seek to offer programs that blend flexibility, affordability, and high-quality academics.
That’s why our Greek certificate is available 100% online, and the classes have no set login times. You can complete your online Greek language college courses from anywhere in the world without uprooting your personal or professional life! And you can stay invested in the things that really matter — like your family, job, church, and community — while taking the next step in your academic journey.
Potential Career Options with a Graduate Certificate in Greek
Our Greek certificate can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited certificate:
- Associate pastor
- Ministry associate
The skills that you gain from our certificate in Greek can be an asset in many other aspects of the ministry world as you pursue positions of added responsibility. Additionally, the credits from this certificate may transfer directly into the master’s in biblical languages – language exegesis or the MDiv in Biblical Languages. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a Greek certificate from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
Throughout our Greek lessons online, you will study under professors who have years of experience in biblical interpretation and ministry. With their guidance, you can become equipped for advanced study of the New Testament and prepare to share God’s Word more effectively with the people around you.
Learning Greek may seem challenging. The good news is you don’t have to do it alone. Let us come alongside you as you seek to understand Scripture and apply it to your life.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s Greek Classes Online?
By earning your certificate in Greek at Liberty University, you can dive deeper into the Bible and prepare to increase your ministry effectiveness. Our graduate certificate will lead you through a study of the New Testament’s culture, language, and historical context, culminating in an exegetical breakdown of the book of Galatians.
Throughout your courses, you will explore many of the lexical, semantic, and syntax tools needed to understand and interpret biblical Greek. Liberty’s online Greek classes are designed to help you properly communicate God’s Word, which is a foundational function of any ministry. You can also prepare to pursue advanced scholarship in biblical studies. Ultimately, your own faith may be strengthened as you learn how to interpret Scripture.
This program can help you:
- Apply proper exegetical and syntactical principles to the study of Scripture
- Develop translation and interpretation skills by analyzing portions of the New Testament
- Evaluate various interpretations of the biblical text
- Identify and translate Greek vocabulary words
- Recognize the characters of the Greek alphabet
- Translate nouns, adjectives, pronouns, and prepositional phrases according to their basic functions
- NGRK 520 – Beginning Greek I
- NGRK 525 – Beginning Greek II
- NGRK 620 – Greek Syntax
- NGRK 643 – Greek Exegesis: Galatians
Highlights of Our Online Greek Courses
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses* at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- This graduate certificate can be completed in less than 1 year!
- Liberty’s Greek online courses are only 8 weeks long with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- You can transfer credits from our Greek certificate to a related master’s degree program.
*Electronic textbooks are not provided for courses that fall under departments outside the School of Divinity.
Online Biblical Greek Certificate Program Information
- This online certificate program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for our online Greek college courses.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Greek Courses Online
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for part-time graduate courses
- Discounted divinity block rate: $2,475 per semester (9-15 credit hours)*
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
*Credits taken below 9 and above 15 credit hours are charged at the part-time rate.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Graduate Greek Certificate
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral Recommender Contact Information
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.