Increase Your Understanding of the New Testament by Earning Our Graduate Certificate in Greek
Are you interested in studying the New Testament in its original language so you can better understand the context and meaning of each book? In our 100% online Graduate Certificate in Greek, you will learn more about the context, purpose, syntax, and language of all the New Testament writings. Our Graduate Certificate in Greek provides practical training in Bible study methods and interpretation for use in formal and informal ministry contexts. You will also become familiar with the Greek language, which will prepare you for future master’s or doctoral-level studies.
Why Choose Liberty’s Graduate Certificate in Greek?
Liberty University has been a pioneer in distance learning since 1985. Our online Graduate Certificate in Greek provides you with a deeper understanding and appreciation of the Word of God. Taught by experienced professors, our Greek graduate certificate prepares you for advanced study of the New Testament. Because our graduate Greek certificate program is 100% online with no set login times, you can continue your education without disrupting your current ministry and family responsibilities. And with our 8-week classes, you can finish your Greek certificate in as little as one semester!
What Will You Learn in Our Online Graduate Certificate in Greek Program?
Our online Greek graduate certificate program will equip you to better understand the Bible, which will increase your ministry effectiveness in a variety of settings. Our Graduate Certificate in Greek will lead you through a study of the New Testament’s culture, language, and historical context, culminating in an exegetical breakdown of the book of Galatians.
You will learn the foundational lexical, semantic, and syntax tools you need to understand and interpret biblical Greek. On a more practical level, you will learn how valuable the Greek language is in interpreting Scripture and how to share Greek word studies in a way your audience will understand.
- NGRK 520 – Beginning Greek I
- NGRK 525 – Beginning Greek II
- NGRK 620 – Greek Syntax
- NGRK 643 – Greek Exegesis: Galatians
Our Graduate Certificate in Greek Online Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- This graduate certificate can be completed in as little as 1 semester.
- You can transfer earned credits from our Graduate Certificate in Greek to one of our graduate degree programs.
Our Graduate Certificate in Greek Online Program Information
- This online certificate program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- View the Certificate Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits of Our Online Graduate Certificate in Greek
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Divinity tuition block rate of $2,475 for the semester (9-15 credit hours)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for Our Online Graduate Certificate in Greek Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral Recommender Contact Information
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.