Enrich Your Career by Earning a Fundamentals of Communication Certificate Online
Our online Graduate Certificate in Fundamentals of Communication can provide the training and foundational knowledge you need to pursue a variety of career opportunities. You can apply insight gained through this program to the study of communication so you can positively impact the well-being of those you serve and lead.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Public Relations Specialists, (viewed online June 22, 2023). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
In this program, you can learn about subjects like psychology, theology, interpersonal communications, multicultural issues, and group dynamics. You will also apply these theories to communication in organizational settings. By focusing on the communication aspect of everyday relationships, our Graduate Certificate in Fundamentals of Communication can prepare you to excel in communication, service, and ministry.
Potential Career Options with a Graduate Certificate in Fundamentals of Communication
Our fundamentals of communication certificate can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited certificate:
- Advertising and public relations director
- Communications analyst
- Communications manager/director
- Corporate communications manager
- Marketing specialist
- Public relations specialist
The skills that you gain from our Graduate Certificate in Fundamentals of Communication can be an asset in many other aspects of the business world as you pursue positions of added responsibility. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a fundamentals of communication certificate from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
Why Choose Liberty’s Fundamentals of Communication Graduate Certificate Program?
We aim to live out Christ-like characteristics and use the power of faith and education to transform the world. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ, which is why we designed our Graduate Certificate in Fundamentals of Communication program to help you integrate biblical principles into your professional life.
Whether you are currently working in business or are looking to start a new career, our fundamentals of communication certificate program can help you stand out as a Christ-centered, ethical, and value-driven professional. This certificate is designed to enhance your conflict resolution and communication skills.
This 9-credit-hour program is ideal for experienced professionals and entry-level workers alike. Enjoy graduate-level instruction without committing to a lengthy degree program. If you’re in search of a respected communication fundamentals certificate program online from a regionally accredited university, our Graduate Certificate in Fundamentals of Communication may be for you.
What Will You Learn in Our Graduate Fundamentals of Communication Certificate Program?
Our graduate fundamentals of communication certificate offers you training in current communication theories and recent trends in communication. This training can help you better understand the role communication plays in both ministry and professional settings. Through 3 in-depth communication classes, you can learn how to interact with individuals in a variety of settings. When you understand communication, you can better lead and inspire people in your occupation, ministry, and personal life.
- COMS 520 – Communication Theory and Practices
- COMS 542 – Communication in Christian Ministry
- STCO 622 – Organizational Communication Theory and Practice
Highlights of Our Online Graduate Certificate in Fundamentals of Communication
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- You can complete our online graduate certificate program in fundamentals of communication in 1 semester!
- When you complete this graduate certificate, you can possibly apply the credits you earn to our master’s in interdisciplinary studies.
Online Certificate in Fundamentals of Communication Information
- This online certificate program falls under the School of Communication and the Arts.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Communication and the Arts Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Our Online Graduate Certificate in Fundamentals of Communication
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.