Shape Your Faith and Ministry by Earning Our Graduate Theology Certificate Online
Our Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies can provide you with graduate-level training for your ministry in as little as 1 semester. This certificate will help you gain a deeper understanding of theology, vital truths in Scripture, and Christian ministry methods and applications. You will also benefit from coursework that encourages you to develop your personal walk with the Lord.
This certificate can also be an excellent introduction to a more in-depth study of Scripture if you are seeking personal enrichment and growth.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best online theology school? We believe Liberty stands out because of the flexibility of our online courses, experienced professors, and commitment to evangelical theology.
What is biblical and theological studies? This subject is about studying the nature of God, the Christian religion, and the themes and content found in the Bible.
How does one become a theologian? Becoming a theologian is typically a mix of experience and training. As a theology student, you will be one step closer to this goal.
How long does it take to study theology? The study of theology is often a lifetime endeavor. However, as one of our online students, you could complete this certificate in theological studies in just 1 semester.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Theology Certificate?
Due to the flexible, 100% online format, you can complete this theological studies certificate quickly. This will allow you to remain active with your family and ministry while you complete each course.
Additionally, you can be confident that your certificate is held to the highest academic standards. Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Earning a certificate with us gives you a marketable credential to help you prepare for ministry.
Our mission is to help you impact lives for Christ through your chosen vocation. If you choose, the credit hours you earn in this certificate can transfer into one of our online divinity degrees.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Graduate Certificate in Theology Online?
Throughout this online seminary certificate program, your online classes will help you integrate your passion for the Bible, theology, and apologetics into your ministry. You will study the doctrines that are vital to the Christian faith like God’s nature and the authority of Scripture.
Through your Christian theology online courses, you will also explore:
- The historical backgrounds of the Church
- The impact of having an eternal outlook on life
- The profound mark salvation makes on the life of a Christian
Upon completion of the courses in this certificate, you will be able to articulate your faith in a clear and dynamic way. The knowledge and skills gained in this certificate can help you pursue careers in ministry and church administration.
- APOL 500 – Introduction to Apologetics
- THEO 525 – Systematic Theology I
- THEO 530 – Systematic Theology II
- THEO 650 – Ethics and Christian Ministry
Graduate Theological Studies Certificate Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Theology Certificate Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discount – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Discounted divinity tuition block rate: $2,475 per semester (for 9-15 credit hours) – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours*
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
*Credits taken below 9 and above 15 per semester are charged at the part-time tuition rate.
Graduate Theology Certificate Program Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- We offer a discounted divinity tuition rate of $2,750 per semester for full-time enrollment (9-15 credit hours), which can be used toward this online theology program.*
*Credits taken below 9 hours or above 15 hours per semester are charged at the part-time tuition rate.
Admission Requirements for Our Graduate Online Divinity Certificates
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Pastoral recommender contact information
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.