Shape Your Faith and Ministry by Earning Our Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies Online
Our online Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies provides the opportunity for you to receive graduate-level training that can apply to your ministry in as little as one semester. This certificate will help you gain a deeper understanding of theology, vital truths in Scripture, and Christian ministry methods and applications. You will also benefit from coursework that encourages you to develop your personal walk with the Lord.
If you do not have plans to be in vocational ministry but are looking for personal enrichment and growth, this certificate can be an excellent introduction to a more in-depth study of Scripture.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Graduate in Theological Studies Certificate?
Due to the flexible, 100% online format, you can complete this theological studies certificate quickly, allowing you to remain active with your family and ministry while you complete each course. Additionally, you can be confident that your certificate is held to the highest academic standards because Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Earning a certificate from Liberty gives you a marketable credential to help prepare you for ministry.
Our mission is to help you impact lives for Christ through your chosen vocation. If you choose to continue your education and pursue a master’s or doctoral degree, the credit hours you earn in this certificate can transfer into one of our online divinity degrees.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies?
Throughout this theological studies certificate program, you will learn how to integrate your passion for the Bible, theology, and apologetics into your ministry. You will study the doctrines that are so important to the Christian faith, such as why Scripture is authoritative and about the nature of God. You will also explore the impact of having an eternal outlook on life, the profound mark salvation makes on the life of a Christian, and the historical backgrounds of the Church. Upon completion of the courses in this certificate, you will be able to articulate your faith in a clear and dynamic way.
- APOL 500 – Introduction to Apologetics
- THEO 525 – Systematic Theology I
- THEO 530 – Systematic Theology II
- THEO 650 – Ethics and Christian Ministry
Graduate Theological Studies Certificate Information
- This program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the online course syllabi (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discount – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Discounted divinity tuition block rate: $2,475 per semester (for 9-15 credit hours) – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours*
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
*Credits taken below 9 and above 15 per semester are charged at the part-time tuition rate.
Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies Program Highlights
- By earning your online Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% out of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- We offer a discounted divinity tuition rate of $2,750 per semester for full-time enrollment (9-15 credit hours).*
*Credits taken below 9 hours or above 15 hours per semester are charged at the part-time tuition rate.
Admission Requirements for the Online Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Pastoral recommender contact information
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.