Shape your Faith and Ministry by Earning Our Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies Online
Our online Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies provides the opportunity for you to receive graduate-level training that can apply to your ministry in less than two semesters. This certificate will help you gain a deeper understanding of theology, vital truths in scripture, and Christian ministry methods and applications. You will also benefit from coursework that encourages you to develop your personal walk with the Lord.
If you do not have plans to be in vocational ministry but are looking for personal enrichment and growth, this certificate can be an excellent introduction to a more in-depth study of scripture.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Graduate in Theological Studies Certificate?
Due to the flexible 100% online format, you can complete this theological studies certificate in as little as one semester. You can remain active with your family and ministry while you complete each course. Additionally, you can be confident that your certificate is held to the highest academic standards because Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Earning a certificate from Liberty gives you a marketable credential to help prepare you for ministry.
Our mission is to help you impact lives for Christ through your chosen vocation. If you choose to continue your education and pursue a master’s or doctoral degree, the credit hours you earn in this certificate can transfer into one of our online divinity degrees.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies?
Throughout this theological studies certificate program, you will learn how to integrate your passion for scripture, theology, and apologetics into your ministry. You will study the doctrines that are so important to the Christian faith, like why scripture is authoritative and the nature of God. You will also explore the impact of having an eternal outlook on life, the profound mark salvation makes on the life of a Christian and the historical backgrounds of the church. Upon completion of the courses in this certificate, you will be able to articulate your faith in a clear and dynamic way.
- APOL 500 – Introduction to Apologetics
- THEO 525 – Systematic Theology I
- THEO 530 – Systematic Theology II
- THEO 650 – Ethics & Christian Ministry
Graduate Theological Studies Certificate Information
- This program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program
- View the online course syllabi (login required)
- Gainful Employment Data
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Our Rawlings School of Divinity military block rate allows you to pay no more than $2,475 per semester in tuition.
- Block rate = 9 to 15 credit hours (less than 9 or more than 15 credit hours for Military Benefits: $275/credit hour)
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year and no set login times.
Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies Program Highlights
- By earning your online Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies from a non-profit university whose online programs ranked in the top five out of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- Our Rawlings School of Divinity block rate allows you to pay no more than $2,750 per semester (for 9 – 15 credit hours)
- (less than 9 or more than 15 credit hours = charged $395/credit hour)
Admission Requirements for the Online Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Pastoral Recommender Contact Information
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.