Invest in Your Future with an Executive Certificate in Communication
If you’ve already completed a master’s degree, but you are wondering what the next step in your education should be, an Executive Certificate is something you may want to consider. These 21-credit-hour postgraduate programs allow you to complete doctoral-level studies before committing to a full doctorate. Our Executive Certificate in Communication can be a standalone credential in the field or provide you with the first 21 credits towards our PhD in Communication.
Studying communication at the postgraduate level can prepare you for executive-level positions in fields like advertising, public relations, customer relations, online sales, consumer research, and social media. If you are looking to work in higher education, this program is a great option. Your credits from this certificate can seamlessly transfer into the PhD in Communication so you can complete your terminal degree faster and teach as a university professor.
Whatever your professional goals may be, we want to help you achieve them. Pursue an Executive Certificate in Communication and continue opening yourself up to new opportunities – for both career growth and personal development.
Perfect for Military Benefits
If you have served in the military, we want to go above and beyond to show you our gratitude. That’s why we designed our 21-credit-hour certificates to work especially well for you. These programs are designed to maximize your tuition assistance by allowing you to earn additional postgraduate-level credit without using your GI Bill® benefits.*
All credits in these certificates count toward a corresponding graduate or postgraduate program, so you have a clear path forward if you want to pursue a degree. Each certificate can stand on its own as a professional development credential and give you the flexibility to start a doctoral degree whenever you’re ready. It’s one more way we show our appreciation.
Why Choose Liberty’s Executive Certificate in Communication?
If you want to pursue advanced credentials but don’t want to jump right into a doctoral program, our online Executive Certificate in Communication can help. Completing a postgraduate certificate in your field can help you stand out among your peers and pursue new job responsibilities or even increase your earning potential. Most importantly, these new opportunities can be available to you in as little as 1.5 years with our 21-credit-hour program!
With Liberty, you can be confident that your studies will also incorporate a Christian worldview. Partner with professors who care about your personal journey and success as you strive to bring positive change as a leader in your field. You can walk away with more than a postgraduate credential to your name – you can walk away equipped to make a difference with confidence and integrity.
What Will You Learn in Our Executive Certificate in Communication?
Liberty’s 21-credit-hour communication certificate will prepare you for career advancement, leadership positions, and future doctoral studies in a PhD program. Our certificate provides you with courses focused on problem-solving, solution-oriented thinking, and the theoretical framework for digital and strategic communication as a whole.
By completing this certificate, you will be better equipped to:
- Analyze theoretical and applied concepts based upon research and knowledge of the digital and strategic communication fields.
- Create effective digital and strategic communication solutions and applications using qualitative and quantitative tools.
- Integrate digital and strategic communication with a Christian worldview.
- BMAL 703 – Striking the Balance: Management and Leadership
- BMAL 704 – Strategic Organizational Change
- DIGI 700 – Digital and Strategic Communication Orientation I
- DIGI 705 – Digital and Strategic Communication Orientation II
- DIGI 825 – Seminar: From Digital Analytics to Communication Action
- DIGI 832 – Current Topics in Content Communication
- DIGI 845 – Visualization and Social Media Strategy
Highlights of Our Executive Certificates
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Executive Certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- Our Executive Certificates allow you to transfer all 21 credit hours into one of our corresponding PhD programs. With the majority of our doctoral programs being 60-credit-hours long, you will need as few as 39 credits to complete your doctoral studies!
- If you are looking to continue into a doctorate after completing this certificate, our PhD in Communication will allow you to transfer in all of your certificate credits – so you can walk away with a competitive executive credential as well as a terminal degree in communication.
Executive Certificate in Communication Information
- This program falls under the School of Communication and the Arts.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Communication and the Arts Course Guides (login required).
Career Opportunities for Executive Certificate in Communication Graduates
- Advertising/public relations executive
- Chief customer experience officer
- Communications executive
- Director of online sales and services
- Research manager
- Social media executive
- University administrator
- University professor
- Vice president of customer satisfaction
Some of these occupations may require that you have a PhD. That’s why Liberty created Executive Certificates that can seamlessly transfer into one of our corresponding PhD programs. So if you are looking to further your studies after completing your certificate in communication, you will be able to transfer all 21 credits into our PhD in Communication!
Admission Requirements for Executive Certificates
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Military Benefits for Our Online Executive Certificates
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $300 per credit hour for postgraduate courses
- This certificate is designed to maximize your tuition assistance benefits without having to use GI Bill® benefits!*
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Please note: The $300/credit hour doctoral military rate cannot be combined with the First Responder Discount.
*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill. The army will no longer permit TA for Executive Certificates. For all other branches, check or confirm with your education office to determine payment TA eligibility.