Earn a Postgraduate Credential in Special Education While Preparing for Future Doctoral Studies
As a professional in the field of education, you are always looking for ways to increase your knowledge, skill set, and impact. After completing your master’s degree, you may be interested in adding a new special education credential to your list of achievements. Or you may be preparing for future doctoral studies and want to get your feet wet before jumping head-first into a PhD program. Whatever your personal or career goals may be, Liberty has a postgraduate program to help you achieve them.
Our 21-credit-hour Executive Certificate in Special Education allows you to complete the same core classes found within our PhD in Education – Special Education program. You will learn how to assess and evaluate various situations within special education while diving into the history and future of the field. The array of courses in this certificate can help you accomplish your unique career goals – and can provide essential milestones for your personal pursuits in higher education.
Military Tuition Discount
If you have served in the military, we want to go above and beyond to show you our gratitude. That’s why we designed our 21-credit-hour certificates to work especially well for you. Earning an Executive Certificate makes you eligible for our military alumni doctoral discount — you’ll receive the discounted $300/credit hour military rate both during the certificate and later during a doctoral degree.* Many of our certificates roll directly into a corresponding doctoral degree, allowing you to get a jumpstart on your doctorate!
If your plans to earn a doctoral degree lie further in the future, each certificate also stands on its own as a professional development credential, setting you apart from your peers and giving you the flexibility to start a doctoral degree whenever you’re ready. It’s one more way we show our appreciation.
*In order to retain the $300/credit hour rate, the doctoral degree must be started within 2 years of completing the Executive Certificate.
Why Choose Liberty’s Executive Certificate in Special Education?
If you want to pursue advanced credentials but don’t want to jump right into a doctoral program, our online Executive Certificate in Special Education can help. Completing a postgraduate certificate in your field can help you stand out among your peers and pursue new job responsibilities or even increase your earning potential. Most importantly, these new opportunities can be available to you in as little as a year with our 21-credit-hour program!
With Liberty, you can be confident that your studies will also incorporate a Christian worldview. Partner with professors who care about your personal journey and success as you strive to bring positive change as a leader in your field. You can walk away with more than a postgraduate credential to your name – you can walk away equipped to make a difference with confidence and integrity.
Potential Career Opportunities for Graduates of the Executive Certificate in Special Education
Our Executive Certificate in Special Education is a non-licensure program that can help equip you with the knowledge needed to succeed in several job positions. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, this executive certificate may help you pursue a number of careers, such as:
- Educational faculty member
- School administrator
- Special education consultant
Some of these occupations may require that you have a PhD. That’s why Liberty created Executive Certificates that can seamlessly transfer into one of our corresponding PhD programs. So if you are looking to further your studies after completing your certificate in special education, you will be able to transfer all 21 credits into our PhD in Education – Special Education!
What Will You Learn in Our Executive Certificate in Special Education?
By pursuing an Executive Certificate, you will complete the same postgraduate-level coursework that’s found in our PhD programs. With the special education program in particular, you will study advanced topics in the assessment and evaluation of special education as well as its administration and supervision. Furthermore, you will complete a critical review of relevant literature in the field to build your own base of scholarship.
- EDSP 722 – History and Future of Special Education
- EDSP 723 – Administration and Supervision of Special Education
- EDSP 724 – Collaboration and Communication in Special Education
- EDSP 725 – Assessment and Evaluation in Special Education
- EDSP 726 – Disability and Learning
- EDSP 727 – Critical Review of Special Education Literature
- EDSP 730 – Issues and Trends in Learning Technologies or EDSP 745 – Organizational Analysis and Problem Solving
Highlights of Our Executive Certificates
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online Executive Certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- You can complete this certificate program in as little as 1 year.
- Our Executive Certificates allow you to transfer all 21 credit hours into one of our corresponding PhD programs. With the majority of our doctoral programs being 60-credit-hours long, you will need as few as 39 credits to complete your doctoral studies!
Executive Certificate Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Executive Certificates
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $300 per credit hour for postgraduate courses
- Roll these credits into the corresponding doctoral degree
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Please note: The $300/credit hour doctoral military rate cannot be combined with the First Responder Discount.
Admission Requirements for Executive Certificates
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.