Invest in Your Future Career with Liberty’s Online Associate Degree in Psychology
Liberty’s associate degree in psychology is conveniently offered 100% online. Our psychology program is an excellent option for students wanting to enter the human services field and are just beginning their college career. You will start your associate degree in psychology with foundational general education classes and first psychology courses focusing on all phases of human growth and development.
As an online psychology degree student, you will also study personality types to understand yourself and others better. The more you understand how people grow and think at every age, the more you will be able to act with compassion, wisdom, and understanding. After graduation, many of the students in our associate degree in psychology program choose to further their education with a bachelor’s degree in psychology. Let us help you take the next step towards a rewarding career helping others by equipping you with a degree in psychology.
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America.
We’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Associate Degree in Psychology?
Our online psychology courses will be fascinating and useful for students like you that love learning about why people do what they do.
Liberty proudly offers an affordable and flexible online associate degree in psychology program. Unlike most colleges, Liberty teaches scientific facts and concepts in psychology through the lens of a Christian worldview. If you are looking for a behavioral psychology associates degree that is still rooted in Christian values, then Liberty’s A.A. in Psychology will give you the foundation you need.
Earning an A.A. in Psychology can help you take advantage of a growing field. The Bureau of Labor Statistics expects the job market to grow by 14% between 2018 and 2028, which is much faster than the average of all occupations.
With a median salary of $79,010 in 2018, the earning potential for psychologists will likely climb*. Starting with an associates degree in psychology, salary potential could increase for you as you build on your expertise.
Your passion for helping people is important to the faculty at Liberty. Study with us to learn from professors who share that same passion. Our faculty have experience as licensed clinical psychologists, vocational rehabilitation counselors, clinical counselors, crisis intervention specialists, and nearly every specialty in the field of psychology. Learn from their vast years of experience and knowledge as you train for your own career in human services!
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Handbook (viewed online February 11, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Our Associate Degree in Psychology Online Program?
Liberty University’s 100% online associate degree in psychology is perfect if you want to start a career in psychology or even if you simply want an introduction to the field. This program will explore the psychological similarities and differences between people and the roles that gender, race, ethnicity, culture, and class play in affecting human perspectives and experiences.
You can also choose to specialize in Christian counseling to gain a better understanding of the multifaceted aspects of Christian counseling.
- PSYC 221 – Psychology of Childhood
- PSYC 231 – Psychology of Adolescence
- PSYC 235 – Psychology of Adulthood
- PSYC 341 – Psychology of Personality
Online Associate Degree in Psychology Program Information
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View our online Undergraduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you through every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Options with an Associate Degree in Psychology
- Case management
- Computer Programming (user experience/UX)
- Community relations
- Mental health services
Benefits of the Online Associate Degree in Psychology Program
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our degree programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can study a variety of exciting elements of psychology and learn how people think, feel, and grow.
- You can complete the online associate degree in psychology in less than 2 years.
- As a Liberty student, you will benefit from networking opportunities with other professionals in the program from around the country.
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.