Invest in Your Future Career with Liberty’s Online Associate Degree in Psychology
Liberty’s associate degree in psychology is conveniently offered 100% online. Our online psychology degree is an excellent option for students wanting to enter the human services field and are just beginning their college career. You will start your associate degree in psychology with foundational general education classes and introductory psychology courses focusing on all phases of human growth and development.
As an online psychology degree student, you will also study personality types to understand yourself and others better. The more you understand how people grow and think at every age, the more you will be able to act with compassion, wisdom, and understanding. After graduation, many of our associate degree in psychology program students choose to further their education with a bachelor’s degree in psychology. Let us help you take the next step towards a rewarding career helping others by equipping you with a degree in psychology.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Associate Degree in Psychology?
Liberty proudly offers an affordable and flexible online associate degree in psychology program. Unlike secular online colleges, Liberty teaches scientific facts and concepts in psychology through the lens of a Christian worldview. Our online psychology courses will be fascinating and useful for students like you that love learning about why people do what they do. Liberty’s Department of Psychology exists to provide students with the knowledge and skills required for the development of a biblically integrated, evidenced-based psychological understanding of humankind focused on practical application and research.
Your passion for helping people is important to the faculty at Liberty. Study with us to learn from professors who share in that same passion and have experience as licensed clinical psychologists, vocational rehabilitation counselors, clinical counselors, crisis intervention team, and just about every specialty the field of psychology touches in a clinical and administrative setting. You will learn from their vast years of experience, combined with their knowledge, to grow in practice and leadership.
What Will You Learn in Our Associate Degree in Psychology Online Program?
Liberty University’s 100% online associate degree in psychology is perfect if you want to start a career in psychology or even if you simply want an introduction to the field. Students can choose to specialize in Christian counseling to help understand the multifaceted aspects of Christian counseling. This program will explore the psychological similarities and differences between people and the roles that gender, race, ethnicity, culture, and class play in affecting human perspectives and experiences.
- PSYC 221 – Psychology of Childhood
- PSYC 231 – Psychology of Adolescence
- PSYC 235 – Psychology of Adulthood
- PSYC 341 – Psychology of Personality
Online Associate Degree in Psychology Program Format and Information
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View our online course syllabi. (login required)
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you through every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- Potential college credit for military training.
Potential Career Options with an Associate Degree in Psychology
- Case Management
- Community Relations
- Mental Health Services
Benefits of the Online Associate Degree in Psychology Program
- By earning your associate degree in psychology from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Our Associate of Arts in Psychology was ranked in the top five most affordable online associate degrees in psychology according to AffordableColleges.com.
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past four years ̶ and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can study a variety of exciting elements of psychology and learn how people think, feel, and grow.
- You can complete the online associate degree in psychology in less than two years.
- As a Liberty student, you will benefit from networking opportunities with other professionals in the program from around the country.
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission on good standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for acceptance on caution. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.