Find Your New Home in one of Liberty University’s Online Programs!
It is our goal to make the transfer process to Liberty University, and a new degree program, as smooth as possible. Our Office of Transfer Evaluations works hard to utilize your previous coursework, training, and experience to give you the fastest, least expensive path to your educational goals. We work to ensure that you do not have to repeat an equivalent course that you have previously taken through a regionally accredited college or university. We also review any eligible credit based on military or career experience. For more information, please visit the Earn More Credit through Prior Learning and Experience page.
If you have any questions or concerns during the transfer process, please visit our transfer credit FAQs page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our experienced Transfer Evaluators will answer your questions as soon as possible.
Earn Credit for Previous Coursework, Training, or Professional Experience
Here are steps you can complete to get the best possible course transfers and course credit for previous eligible experience:
Complete a free Transcript Consultation to see which credits may transfer to your new program.
Transfer Credit Calculator
Use our Transfer Credit Calculator to find classes that are pre-approved for transfer to Liberty University.
Transfer Request Form
Complete the Official Transfer Request Form to give Liberty University permission to request your official transcripts for you. Please Note: this process typically takes 3-5 weeks and requires that you do not have a hold on your records.
Skills for Course Credit
See how you can earn course credit skills from training, military service, or on-the-job experience through Liberty University’s Experience Plus program,
If you do not have formal courses or training but have extensive professional experience, you may be able to earn course credit through the Experience Plus Portfolio process.
College Credit Exams
Liberty University accepts many standardized college credit exams for transfer credit. Eligible exams include College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), DANTES Subject Standardized Test Scores (DSSTS), Excelsior College and UExcel Exams, Technical Training Assessments with NOCTI Business Solutions, University of Cambridge International Exams, and Liberty’s own Institutional Challenge Exam (ICE),
Credit for Military Training
If you would like to see how your military training might be used as college credit, you can take advantage of our Free Evaluation of Military Training.
Credit for Certificate Programs
While not equivalent to accredited coursework, many ministry-focused certificate programs are eligible for transfer credit review. Please see the Credit for Certificate Programs page to see if your ministry training is eligible for college credit.
Virginia Community College System (VCCS) Guaranteed Admissions Agreement
Liberty University has a system-wide agreement with the Virginia Community College System called the “Guaranteed Admissions Agreement” (GAA). This agreement is meant to ease the transfer process for students from VCCS institutions and create a smooth transition to Liberty University.
- Graduates of Virginia’s 23 community colleges with a transfer-oriented associate’s degree and a minimum grade point average of 2.0 or higher can participate in the GAA policy at Liberty University. GAA students will follow all Liberty application processes and all special departmental and program application procedures, deadlines, and grade point average requirements.
- The equivalency guide lists courses offered by the Virginia Community College System (VCCS) and the equivalent courses offered at Liberty University.
For more information on the Guaranteed Admissions Agreement, click here.
Transfer Policies for Current Students of Liberty University
How does my transfer credit apply to my Degree Completion Plan?
- Watch our tutorial video on the Degree Completion Plan Audit to find out how your transfer credit applies to your Degree Completion Plan.
- You can also view this through ASIST after setting up your Liberty Account by accessing the login page and clicking the “Claim Account” link.
- If you are pursuing a B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies (INDS), please email us at email@example.com to request your degree plan.
What is Tau Sigma National Honor Society?
- Tau Sigma is an academic honor society designed specifically to “recognize and promote the academic excellence and involvement of transfer students.”
- 80% of students studying online at Liberty University are transfer students.
If you have any questions or concerns during the transfer process, see the transfer credit FAQs or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our experienced evaluators will answer your questions as soon as possible.