Explore the Biblical Foundations of Leadership with Our Online Graduate Certificate in Christian Leadership
Are you looking to grow in your leadership abilities? Through our 100% online Graduate Certificate in Christian Leadership program, you can do so in just one semester! At Liberty, we are dedicated to teaching you how to lead with integrity and excellence, so throughout this certificate, you will explore the lives, traits, and habits of some of history’s greatest leaders.
Median annual wage*
Our online Christian leadership graduate certificate provides practical training in team building, conflict resolution, and biblical leadership principles so that you can effectively lead in today’s culture. This certificate program is ideal for students who want to study biblical leadership techniques while preparing for a graduate degree.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2020 (viewed online June 22, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Christian Leadership Certificate?
Our Christian leadership online graduate certificate is designed to help you gain a better understanding of effective leadership so you can further your ministry. You will study under professors who have served as entrepreneurs, missionaries, and pastors. Our faculty is eager to share this real-world experience with you as you study leadership principles with everyday applications. As a Christian college, Liberty University teaches biblically-based, practical skills that will help you excel in many critical leadership roles with your church and community.
You can also use this Christian leadership online graduate certificate as a foundation for a related master’s degree program, as your Christian leadership credits may be transferred directly to a seminary program.
Graduate Certificate in Christian Leadership Potential Career Options
Our graduate christian leadership certificate can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our christian leadership certificate:
- Business manager
- Clergy member
- Director of a business department
- Ministry assistant
- Youth pastor
The managerial, leadership, and organizational skills that you gain from our Graduate Certificate in Christian Leadership can be an asset in many other aspects of the business and ministry fields as you pursue positions of added responsibility. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a Graduate Certificate in Christian Leadership from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Graduate Certificate in Christian Leadership?
Our online Graduate Certificate in Christian Leadership combines practical leadership training with the study of essential biblical leadership principles. You will learn from the lives of some of the greatest leaders in history while examining the role of a leader from a biblical and theological perspective. You will also learn essential management and conflict resolution skills that can help you overcome obstacles that arise in both Christian and business organizations.
- LEAD 510 – Biblical Foundations of Christian Leadership
- LEAD 520 – The Life of Leaders
- LEAD 610 – Team Leadership and Conflict Resolution
Our Online Christian Leadership Certificate Program Highlights
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses* at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- This graduate certificate can be completed in as little as 1 semester.
- You may transfer earned credit hours from our online Graduate Certificate in Christian Leadership program into a related master’s degree.
*Please note: Electronic textbooks are not provided for courses that fall under departments outside the School of Divinity.
Our Online Christian Leadership Graduate Certificate Information
- This online graduate certificate program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this Christian leadership program.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Discounted divinity tuition block rate of $2,475 per semester (for 9-15 credit hours*) – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours!
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
*Credits taken below 9 or above 15 per semester are charged at the part-time tuition rate.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Graduate Certificate in Christian Leadership Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral recommender contact information
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.