Pursue New Job Opportunities with a Licensure-Track Executive Certificate in School Administration and Supervision
Liberty’s 100% online Executive Certificate in School Administration and Supervision (Licensure) can help you gain the skills and knowledge you need to become a K-12 school administrator. If you are a licensed teacher or school counselor and have already earned a master’s degree, this program may be a great fit for you. Our rigorous curriculum is designed to help you meet Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) requirements for advanced licensure in school administration and supervision* — so you can get the credentials you need to pursue exciting career paths.
*Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved administration and supervision program, you may apply for your license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Elementary, Middle, and High School Principals, 2020 (viewed online June 16, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Maybe you want to earn your school administration license as fast as possible, but you also want to work towards a future postgraduate or doctoral degree. If so, our executive school administration certificate program may have just what you need. The credits from this certificate can transfer into the corresponding Education Specialist (Ed.S.) or Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree, so you can work toward your long-term education goals while quickly gaining the credentials needed to take on K-12 administrative roles.
Potential Careers with an Executive Certificate in School Administration and Supervision
Our Executive Certificate in School Administration and Supervision can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited certificate:
- K-12 school administrator
- School district leader
- School principal/assistant principal
- School superintendent
The skills you gain in leadership and communication can help you in your current role at your organization or help prepare you for positions of elevated responsibility. Another benefit of Liberty’s Executive Certificates is that you can seamlessly transfer into one of our corresponding postgraduate or doctoral programs. You can transfer all 21 credits from this certificate into our Ed.S. in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership or our Ed.D. in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with an Executive Certificate from Liberty University.
Military Tuition Discount
If you have served in the military, we want to go above and beyond to show you our gratitude. That’s why we designed our 21-credit-hour certificates to work especially well for you. Earning an Executive Certificate makes you eligible for our military alumni doctoral discount — you’ll receive the discounted $275/credit hour military rate both during the certificate and later during the corresponding doctoral degree after you roll over your completed credits.*
If your plans to earn a doctoral degree lie further in the future, each certificate also stands on its own as a professional development credential, setting you apart from your peers and giving you the flexibility to start a doctoral degree whenever you’re ready. It’s one more way we show our appreciation.
Even if you later decide to pursue a doctoral degree in a different subject area, you’ll still receive a discounted rate during your doctorate as long as you’ve previously completed an Executive Certificate.*
*In order to retain a discounted rate, the doctoral degree must be started within 2 years of completing the Executive Certificate.
Please note: The $275/credit hour rate only applies to select education certificates/programs.
Please note: Students enrolling in Educational Leadership programs are not eligible to receive Georgia Tier I or Tier II Educational Leadership Certification.
Why Choose Liberty’s Executive Certificate in School Administration Online?
Liberty has been a pioneer in distance learning since 1985. A lot has changed since then, but our commitment to Training Champions for Christ has not. We seek to develop online programs that blend flexibility, affordability, and high-quality academics. Our 100% online executive school administration certificate allows you to complete your courses without having to visit a college campus. You’ll be able to stay invested in the things that matter — like your family, job, and community — while taking the next step in your academic journey.
In this program, you’ll study under faculty who are committed to helping you thrive academically, professionally, and spiritually. Our professors have years of experience working in K-12 educational settings, so you can be confident that you are learning from industry leaders. Additionally, this 21-credit-hour executive school administration certificate program can be completed in just 1.5 years — which is much faster than a full-length degree!
If you plan to pursue a doctorate one day, the credits you earn in this certificate can be applied toward our Ed.S. in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership or our Ed.D. in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership. That way, you can make the most of your education by pursuing the credentials you need now while working toward your future.
What Will You Learn in Our Executive School Administration Certificate?
This program is divided into 3 main parts: core administration and supervision content, gate courses, and field experience. Your core courses will cover a variety of important topics, including leadership principles and ethics, executive leadership in curriculum and instruction, and advanced educational law. You’ll also dive into the essentials of school district finance and study public relations from an educational leadership perspective.
Additionally, you can put your skills to the test by completing 2 full-semester practicum courses and 1 full-semester internship. Through these field experience placements, you’ll gain exposure to 5 different education settings — elementary school, middle school, high school, central offices, and agencies — allowing you to diversify your skill set. Your gate courses will help ensure that you are prepared for the culminating internship and stay on track to graduate, so you can fulfill the requirements for pursuing advanced licensure in school administration and supervision.
- EDAS 588 – Practicum I: School Administration
- EDAS 688 – Practicum II: School Administration
- EDAS 699 – Internship: School Administration
- EDAS 740 – Leadership Principles and Ethics
- EDAS 741 – Theories of Educational Leadership
- EDAS 742 – Educational Leadership and Public Relations
- EDAS 743 – Executive Leadership in Curriculum and Instruction
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our Executive School Administration Certificate Online
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- Liberty is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- Our executive school administration and supervision certificate is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- If you later decide to pursue a doctoral degree, you can apply all of the credits from this certificate toward one of the following degrees: 1) our Ed.S. in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership or 2) our Ed.D. in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership.
- Gain real-world experience by completing 2 full-semester practicum courses and 1 full-semester internship prior to graduation.
- This online certificate can help you pursue advanced licensure in school administration and supervision.
Online School Administration Certificate Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Executive School Administration Certificate Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Roll these credits into the corresponding doctoral degree
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Executive Certificate in School Administration and Supervision
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Current initial state teaching or school counseling license
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.