Become a Licensed Teacher with One of Liberty’s 100% Online Bachelor of Education Degrees
You have a vision and a passion to make a positive impact on future generations. Combine your calling with one of Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degrees and see your aspirations as a professional, licensed teacher become a reality!
Being a teacher requires specific training in childhood development, curriculum preparation, and classroom experience. With our online B.Ed. degree, you can do all of that – without ever having to travel to Liberty’s campus. This degree will allow you to study from the comfort of your home and complete 240 hours of practicum and student teaching requirements in your own community, all while preparing you to meet initial teaching licensure.
Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Bachelor of Education program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
Available Online B.Ed. Programs
With our online B.Ed. degrees, you can prepare to become an elementary, middle school, or special education teacher. Learn more about what you’ll gain from each of our B.Ed. degrees below.
By pursuing Liberty University’s B.Ed. in Elementary Education, you will gain knowledge in foundational subjects like math, science, English, and history that you can pass on to your young students as a licensed teacher. Additionally, you’ll be equipped to prepare a curriculum for primary students, as well as how to effectively communicate with and teach them.
The B.Ed. in Middle Education will equip you with all the tools, knowledge, experience, and skills you’ll need to be a successful, licensed teacher in middle schools. You’ll gain basic knowledge in subjects like geography, physics, literature, and more. Additionally, you have the opportunity to choose a specialization and further concentrate your teaching abilities.
If you have a heart for children with special needs, the online B.Ed. in Special Education will provide you with the skills, experience, and credentials you’ll need to successfully connect with your students. You will be equipped with knowledge in basic subjects like math, English, and science, as well as specific courses on how to appropriately teach students with special needs.
Why Choose an Online B.Ed. Degree?
At Liberty, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. In keeping with that mission, we strive for excellence in all that we do – our academics, our professors, our standards, and more. Here is what you can expect when you pursue your online Bachelor of Education degree with us:
- This is one of the first bachelor’s programs in the nation — and the only program in Virginia — to offer you a curriculum that is both 100% online and prepares you for initial teaching licensure.
- Your education professors are invested in your success as a student, dedicated to teaching your courses from a Christian perspective, and have years of real-life experience in the classroom.
- Liberty’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), making your degree well-respected among employers and other schools.
- Upon graduation, you will complete licensure requirements approved by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE), allowing you to teach in the state of Virginia immediately upon graduation.
- You will be classroom-ready upon graduation with 240 combined practicum and student teaching hours.
Highlights of Our Online Bachelor of Education Degrees
- By earning your B.Ed. degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- We are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- Liberty’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through CAEP, so you can pursue your degree with confidence.
- Pursuing our online Bachelor of Education licensure-tracks may make you eligible for the Federal TEACH Grant.
- Graduate with licensure credentials to teach in the state of Virginia.*
- Receive at least 240 hours of practical classroom experience prior to graduation.
- Observe and teach in a variety of school settings with your required practicum and student teaching hours.
- Learn from professors who have years of experience in the field of education and are dedicated to our mission of Training Champions for Christ.
- Complete your B.Ed. online in less than 4 years!
*If you are planning to teach in a state other than Virginia, please check the licensure requirements for your state.
Military Benefits for Our Online B.Ed. Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
- Potential credit for military training