Prepare to Become a Licensed Teacher with One of Liberty’s 100% Online Bachelor of Education Degrees
You have a vision and a passion to make a positive impact on future generations. Combine your calling with one of Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degrees and see your aspirations as a professional, licensed teacher become a reality!
Being a teacher requires specific training in childhood development, curriculum preparation, and classroom experience. With our online B.Ed. degree, you can do all of that without ever having to travel to Liberty’s campus. This degree will allow you to study from the comfort of your home and complete 90+ practicum hours and at least 1 full semester of student teaching in your own community – all while preparing you to pursue initial teaching licensure.
Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Bachelor of Education program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
Available Online B.Ed. Programs
With our online B.Ed. degrees, you can prepare to become an elementary school, middle school, high school, or special education teacher. Learn more about what you can gain from each of our Bachelor of Education online degrees below.
Business Education (6-12)
If you are interested in teaching business to secondary students or becoming a business owner or operator, our B.Ed. in Business Education 6-12 can help get you there. By completing courses in the licensure track, you can earn a degree that can help prepare you to teach business classes in public and private school settings. Because our degree contains a core set of business classes, you can also be prepared for work in the business industry.
By pursuing Liberty University’s B.Ed. in Elementary Education, you can gain knowledge in foundational subjects like math, science, English, and history that you can pass on to your young students as a licensed teacher. Additionally, you’ll study how to prepare a curriculum for primary students as well as how to effectively communicate with and teach them. You can also choose an optional endorsement if you’re interested in further honing your teaching abilities.
English as a Second Language Education (P-12)
Liberty University’s B.Ed. in English as a Second Language (ESL) Education P-12 helps provide the education courses, hands-on classroom experience, and support system you need to become a licensed teacher. Teaching ESL students is a rewarding career path that gives you the chance to learn about new cultures while sharing your own.
English Education (6-12)
Our B.Ed. in English Education 6-12 can help prepare you to teach middle and high school students the analytical skills they need to become well-rounded, thoughtful adults. Grounded in a biblical worldview, this program combines academic excellence with practical, hands-on experience in the classroom. As an English teacher, you will have a unique opportunity to directly influence the values and worldviews of your students.
Mathematics Education (6-12)
Imagine having a career where you inspire the next generation of business professionals, engineers, and educators. By earning your B.Ed. in Mathematics Education 6-12, you can do just that! Your ability to communicate the complexities of math to young minds will have a lasting impact. The advances we are making in society and technology today are just the beginning – we need more bright minds involved in the discoveries of tomorrow.
The B.Ed. in Middle Education can help equip you with the tools, knowledge, experience, and skills you’ll need to be a successful, licensed teacher in middle schools. You can gain basic knowledge in subjects like geography, physics, literature, and more. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to choose a specialization and further concentrate your teaching abilities.
Physics Education (6-12)
Do you want to share your passion for physics with the next generation? If so, Liberty’s B.Ed. in Physics Education 6-12 can help! This program can equip you to teach physics to middle and high school students. You will dive into effective teaching methods and gain practical, hands-on experience in the classroom. As a physics teacher, you can inspire your students to appreciate the wonder of God’s creation.
Physics Education – Earth Science (6-12)
Do you want to share your passion for physics and earth science and become a successful middle or high school science teacher? If so, Liberty’s B.Ed. in Physics Education – Earth Science 6-12 can get you there! This degree can help you learn the fundamentals of teaching, gain classroom experience, and earn your teaching license. You can take your interests and turn them into a career that changes lives and positively impacts future generations.
Social Studies Education (6-12)
Do you have a passion for history, geography, and economics and a desire to share this passion with the next generation? If so, Liberty University’s B.Ed. in Social Studies Education 6-12 may be the degree for you! This program is designed to help you become a licensed educator and will cover the critical knowledge points you’ll need to teach social studies to middle or high school students.
If you have a heart for children with special needs, Liberty’s online B.Ed. in Special Education can help provide you with the skills, experience, and credentials you’ll need to successfully connect with your students. You can gain knowledge in basic subjects like math, English, and science, and you’ll take specific BEd courses online that can help you teach students with special needs.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online B.Ed. Degree?
At Liberty, our mission is to Train Champions for Christ. In keeping with that mission, we strive for excellence in all that we do – our academics, our professors, our standards, and more. Here is what you can expect when you pursue your online Bachelor of Education degree with us:
- This is one of the first bachelor’s programs in the nation – and the first program in Virginia – to offer a 100% online degree that can help prepare you for initial teaching licensure. Our B.Ed. courses online are designed to offer maximum flexibility without sacrificing quality.
- Our education professors are invested in your success as a student, dedicated to teaching your courses from a Christian perspective, and have years of real-life experience in the classroom.
- Liberty’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- Through this Bachelor of Education online degree, you can complete licensure requirements approved by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) – allowing you to pursue teaching opportunities in the Commonwealth of Virginia upon graduation. You may also apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity.
- By completing 90+ practicum hours and at least 1 full semester of student teaching as part of your degree, you can be classroom-ready upon graduation.
Highlights of Our Online Bachelor of Education Degrees
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online Bachelor of Education degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- We are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through CAEP, so you can pursue your degree with confidence.
- Pursuing one of our online Bachelor of Education licensure-track programs may make you eligible for the Federal TEACH Grant.
- Graduate with licensure credentials to teach in the state of Virginia.*
- Complete 90+ practicum hours and at least 1 full semester of student teaching prior to graduation.
- Observe and teach in a variety of school settings with your required practicum and student teaching hours.
- Learn from professors who have years of experience in the field of education and a commitment to Training Champions for Christ.
- Complete your B.Ed. online in as little as 3.5 years!
*If you are planning to teach in a state other than Virginia, please check the licensure requirements for your state.
Potential Careers with a Bachelor’s Degree in Education Online
Liberty’s licensure-track online bachelor’s degrees in education are designed to help you take on a variety of positions in Christian, private, and public school settings. As a licensed educator, you may have a wide range of job opportunities available to you. Working as a licensed teacher in the classroom is just one option – there are many other critical roles open to graduates with an online BEd degree.
Depending on which Bachelor of Education degree online you choose, here are some of the careers you could pursue upon graduation:
- Christian or private school teacher
- Curriculum coordinator
- Educational nonprofit employee
- Homeschool teacher
- Licensed elementary school teacher
- Licensed high school teacher
- Licensed middle school teacher
- Licensed special education teacher
- Licensed teacher in a specific subject (business, ESL, English, math, physics, social studies, etc.)
Military Benefits for Our Online B.Ed. Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
FAQS About Our Education Bachelor’s Degrees Online
Liberty’s BEd degrees online are designed to provide you with the best in quality, affordability, and flexibility. Here, you won’t just earn a degree – you’ll have the opportunity to cultivate skills that can help you make a positive impact in your corner of the world.
You likely have questions about what Liberty’s education process looks like – here are answers to some of the most common questions about our online Bachelor of Education degrees:
What is a BEd degree?
A BEd is an education degree designed to help you become a teacher in public and private schools. This undergraduate program can help you meet all the competencies required to achieve state teaching licensure, so you can pursue a wide range of job opportunities upon graduation.
In addition to studying topics like classroom technology, teaching methods, and curriculum fundamentals, you’ll also put your skills to the test by completing practicum and student teaching hours as part of this program. That way, you can be fully equipped to take on challenges in a live classroom setting.
Can I get a teaching degree online?
Yes! Liberty’s B.Ed. degree provides a clear path toward teacher licensure, and the courses are offered 100% online. This means you won’t need to travel to Liberty’s campus for any of your classes – and any field experience requirements (such as practicums and student teaching) can be completed at an approved location near you.
We’ve designed this online bachelor’s degree in education to fit your busy schedule. As long as you submit your assignments by the due date, you can complete your coursework when it’s most convenient for you – without needing to log in at specific times.* And with 8-week courses and 8 different start dates each year,* you’ll have the freedom to start your online BEd courses whenever you’re ready.
*May exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences
What bachelor’s degree is best for teaching?
That depends on what your specific career goals are and what you hope to accomplish in the field of education. If you’re confident that you don’t need teaching licensure (e.g., if you’re primarily looking to teach in a private school), you may want to consider one of Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in education degree tracks (available for early childhood, elementary, and special education).
However, if you think you may want to pursue licensure positions (especially if you want to teach in a public school), the Bachelor of Education online is your best option. This program can help you meet the requirements for state licensure, and the knowledge you gain can help you teach in a variety of settings – from private to public schools. This degree can also help you become eligible for certification through the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) – equipping you to teach in Christian schools.
How long is an online BEd degree?
Liberty’s bachelor’s degrees in education online can be completed in as little as 3.5 years – faster than a typical on-campus program. And, with the potential to transfer in up to 75% of your total credits, you could finish the program even sooner. We offer a clear, flexible path to graduation that lets you earn your B.Ed. degree without putting your life on hold.
How much can I make with a bachelor’s in teaching degree online?
Your salary may depend on a number of factors, such as where you live/work and how much experience you have. In general, here are some of the salaries you could expect with an online Bachelor of Education degree:
- ESL teacher – $55,350*
- High school teacher – $62,870*
- Kindergarten/elementary school teacher – $60,660*
- Middle school teacher – $60,810*
- Special education teacher – $61,500*
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Education, Training, and Library Occupations (viewed online Feb. 24, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What types of Bachelor of Education degrees does Liberty offer?
We offer a wide range of bachelor’s degrees in education online, so you can pick the program that best matches your interests and goals.
Here is a basic breakdown of the BEd degrees available at Liberty:
- Elementary education – designed to equip you to teach students in grades preK-6 (some degree tracks also offer an endorsement in teaching middle school)
- English as a second language (ESL) education – designed to help you work with P-12 students whose native language is not English and help them gain strong command of the English language
- Middle education – designed to help you teach effectively at the middle school level
- Secondary education – designed to help you teach specific subjects to middle and high school students, such as business, English, mathematics, physics, or social studies
- Special education – designed to offer specialized training in teaching students with special needs and helping them thrive