Prepare for Leadership Positions in Ministry with an Executive Certificate in Christian Leadership Online
Are you passionate about leadership in Christian ministry? Liberty’s Executive Certificate in Christian Leadership can help prepare you for various roles in Christian nonprofit organizations, churches, or parachurch organizations. Whether you are currently serving as a ministry professional or are hoping to enter the field of ministry leadership for the first time, an Executive Certificate in Christian Leadership can help!
Potential Careers with an Executive Certificate in Christian Leadership
Our Executive Certificate in Christian Leadership can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited certificate:
- Biblical scholar
- Christian camp director
- Christian education administrator
- Ministry director
- Missions director
The skills you gain in theology and group leadership can help you in your current role at your organization or help prepare you for positions of elevated responsibility. Because some occupations may require that you have a doctorate, Liberty created Executive Certificates that can seamlessly transfer into one of our corresponding postgraduate or doctoral programs. You can transfer all 21 credits from this certificate into our PhD in Christian Leadership. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with an Executive Certificate from Liberty University.
Military Tuition Discount
If you have served in the military, we want to go above and beyond to show you our gratitude. That’s why we designed our 21-credit-hour certificates to work especially well for you. Earning an Executive Certificate makes you eligible for our military alumni doctoral discount — you’ll receive the discounted $275/credit hour military rate both during the certificate and later during the corresponding doctoral degree after you roll over your completed credits.*
If your plans to earn a doctoral degree lie further in the future, each certificate also stands on its own as a professional development credential, setting you apart from your peers and giving you the flexibility to start a doctoral degree whenever you’re ready. It’s one more way we show our appreciation.
Even if you later decide to pursue a doctoral degree in a different subject area, you’ll still receive a discounted rate during your doctorate as long as you’ve previously completed an Executive Certificate.*
*In order to retain a discounted rate, the doctoral degree must be started within 2 years of completing the Executive Certificate.
Please note: The $275/credit hour rate only applies to select education certificates/programs
Why Choose Liberty’s Executive Certificate in Christian Leadership?
Our program is designed with your success in mind. With classes that are 100% online and no set login times, you’ll have the flexibility to earn your certificate on your schedule – and from the comfort of home. At Liberty, you can remain invested in what matters most while pursuing your education when it’s convenient for you.
In addition, you’ll study under experienced professionals who have spent years leading ministries and pastoring churches. With advanced degrees and a commitment to your success, our professors are some of our best resources.
What is the difference between a master’s in Christian leadership and an executive leadership certificate program?
Our Executive Certificate in Christian Leadership is different from a master’s in Christian leadership online in a few ways. Our Executive Certificate is a doctoral-level program that requires applicants to already have a master’s degree.
In addition, our Christian leadership certificate is designed to transfer directly into our Doctor of Philosophy in Christian Leadership if you desire to continue your studies. And, unlike a full-length degree, our Executive Certificate is only 21 credit hours long – so you can develop the skills and knowledge you need in just 1.5 years!
What Will You Learn in Our Executive Certificate in Christian Leadership?
In our church leadership courses and ministry classes, you will study topics like biblical and theological foundations for leadership and education. In addition, you will delve into topics like character and ethics in leadership and education. Finally, you will be able to choose from courses in organizational theory and development, group leadership, and teaching and learning theory and practices.
With the specialized education our Christian leadership program offers, you can be confident that you are receiving training that can help prepare you for an exciting career in leadership development and ministry.
- CLED 700 – Biblical and Theological Foundations of Leadership
- CLED 720 – Biblical and Theological Foundations of Education
- CLED 800 – Theological Anthropology in Leadership and Education
- CLED 815 – Character and Ethics in Leadership and Education
- CLED 820 – Leadership and Management Theory
Choose from 2 of the following courses:
- CLED 835 – Organizational Theory and Development
- CLED 845 – Group and Team Dynamics: Theory and Practice in Leadership
- CLED 855 – Teaching and Learning: Theory and Practice in Leadership
Highlights of Our Executive Certificate in Christian Leadership
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online Executive Certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!*
- You can complete your Executive Certificate in Christian Leadership is as little as 1.5 years.
- You can transfer all of your credits from this certificate into Liberty’s PhD in Christian Leadership – giving you a jumpstart on your doctorate.
*Electronic textbooks are not provided for courses that fall under departments outside the School of Divinity.
Executive Certificate in Christian Leadership Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Executive Certificate in Christian Leadership
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for postgraduate courses
- Roll these credits into the corresponding doctoral degree
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Our Executive Certificate in Christian Leadership
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Previous education showing at least 15 graduate hours of Bible, Theology, or Leadership courses
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Writing sample
- Department approval
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.