Boost Your Résumé with an Online Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
Liberty’s online Graduate Certificate in General Business provides advanced training in the areas of core business practices, organizational behavior issues, and international business strategies. Whether you’re looking to advance in your current field, prepare for graduate school, or launch a new career in the world of business, we can help you reach your goals.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Business and Financial Occupations (viewed online Feb. 4, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
This program can equip you to work in business at the domestic or international level. A graduate certificate is an excellent alternative to a full-length master’s program, allowing you to develop new skills and continue your education while saving time and money. The best part? All of the credits you complete in this certificate can be transferred into a graduate degree at Liberty if you choose to further your education.
By taking an in-depth look at general business topics and challenges, you can develop a flexible skill set that will help you succeed in many industries.
What are the benefits of earning a general business certificate?
Our graduate business certificate program allows you to take master’s-level courses without completing a full master’s degree. And, should you later decide to further your education, you can transfer your certificate credits into a relevant online master’s program!
Earning a certificate can help you gain additional credentials, get promoted, or receive a raise. In some cases, it could even equip you to switch career paths altogether! Our general business program will help you develop core business skills that can be applied to many industries. That way, you’ll have the flexibility to pursue a variety of career paths. From business law to leadership theory, you’ll study a broad range of topics and gain knowledge that can boost your job performance and marketability.
Potential Career Options for Graduates of Our Executive Certificate in Business Administration
Our General Business Certificate can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited General Business Certificate:
- Business executive
- Business teacher
- Nonprofit executive
- Operations manager
- Sales manager
The managerial, leadership, and global business skills that you gain from our certificate in general business can be an asset in many other aspects of the business world as you pursue positions of added responsibility. Additionally, the credits from this certificate may transfer directly into the Master of Business Administration. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a school leadership certificate from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Graduate Business Certificate Program?
As pioneers in distance learning since 1985, we’re committed to offering an education that works for you. At Liberty, you’ll receive affordable tuition rates, quality academics, and practical training that prepares you to enter the workforce with skill and confidence.
Our general business certificate is offered 100% online and has no set login times. You can complete your coursework wherever and whenever it’s most convenient for you — without having to worry about attending on-campus classes! Most importantly, you can stay invested in your family, job, and community while preparing to take your career to the next level.
In this program, you’ll learn from professors who have years of real-world business experience. Our faculty are passionate about what they do, knowledgeable in their field, and dedicated to sharing their expertise with you.
Liberty University’s certificate in business contains courses that are also featured in our MBA and M.A. in Executive Leadership programs — so you can be confident that your graduate certificate will be a valuable, industry-recognized credential. At only 9 credit hours, you can complete this certificate in just 1 semester, making it one of the fastest ways to learn new skills and achieve your career goals!
What Will You Learn in Our Graduate Certificate in Business Online Courses?
Choosing Liberty means choosing a first-rate business education that equips you for success.
This program provides graduate-level training in essential business concepts like management, communications, business law, international business, intercultural communication, and leadership theory and practices. Depending on your academic and career goals, you can choose to complete either a course on organizational behavior or a business components class.
You’ll also dive into the various legal issues faced by all types of companies, from small start-ups to large corporations. Our international business course can equip you to successfully navigate the global economy, as well as adapt to the rapidly changing political, cultural, and technological environments of today. By the time you finish this certificate, you can be ready to take on various higher-level roles in the business field, such as human resource management.
As with all of our certificate programs and degrees, our graduate business certificate is built on a Christ-centered curriculum that can help you live out biblical principles in your professional life.
- BMAL 500 – Organizational Behavior
- BUSI 561 – Legal Issues in Business
- BUSI 604 – International Business
Highlights of Our Graduate Certificate in Business Administration Online
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your graduate business certificate online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You will have the opportunity to network with business leaders and experts from across the country.
- Our online classes are only 8 weeks long, with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- As an online student in our graduate certificate in business administration program, you can access a wealth of resources through Liberty’s research portal.
- This certificate can be completed in as little as 1 semester!
Business Administration Graduate Certificate Information
- This online certificate program falls under Liberty’s School of Business.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for our graduate certificate in business management.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Online Graduate Certificate Program in Business
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Our Online Business Graduate Certificate
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.