Identify Solutions to Critical Policy Problems with a Graduate Certificate in Public Policy
Our 100% online Graduate Certificate in Public Policy provides you with specialized graduate-level training in policy and government taught from a Christian worldview. If you want to help create policies that will change your organization, community, state, or country, this certificate in public policy will develop the skills you need to make a difference in public administration, government, and politics. This program strengthens critical thinking skills and improves your comprehension of the critical policy issues facing today’s society.
What is Public Policy?
Public Policy is an interdisciplinary field of study that combines elements of political science, sociology, and economics with other fields to understand public administration and governance. Studies in this field analyze particular policy choices made by those in power and how they influence the government. This online certificate in Public Policy will equip you to engage in the debate around such policies and make an impact on the discussion.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Graduate Certificate in Public Policy?
This certificate is designed to prepare you to branch out from your current role or start a new career in public policy. As a Liberty University student, you will benefit from top-tier faculty who have proven professional records of accomplishment and expertise in their respective disciplines. The policy coursework is the same that is featured in our master’s level programs, so you can trust that these graduate certificate courses will teach you valuable and industry-recognized skills and information. Additionally, our graduate public policy certificate can be completed in as little as one semester, giving you the ability to maximize your time spent pursuing your education and begin achieving your career goals!
For working professionals looking to advance their career, certificates provide additional documented credentials for job or post-graduate requirements. This online graduate certificate can be a great first step towards determining if you want to pursue a master’s degree. The credit you earn in this certificate may transfer to a number of master’s degrees, including our Master of Arts in Public Policy.
What Will You Learn in the Online Graduate Certificate in Public Policy Program?
Our online Graduate Certificate in Public Policy provides an in-depth, but concise overview of policy theory and government while providing practical training in policy analysis. You will learn to consider all relevant factors of policy debate, such as the movement of economic markets and interwoven regulations, the impact of global policy on domestic law, and the underlying constitutional foundation of all policy discussions.
These courses will give you a strong skill set for engaging policy discussion and help you understand how legislation and governments affect many industries.
- PPOG 502 – Economics and Public Policy
- PPOG 503 – Political Philosophy
- PPOL 501 – Foundations of American Governance
Program Highlights of the Online Graduate Public Policy Certificate
- By earning your online Graduate Certificate in Public Policy from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You can complete this online Graduate Certificate in Public Policy program in as little as one semester.
- You may apply the credits earned in the online Graduate Certificate in Public Policy toward a relevant master’s degree.
Online Graduate Public Policy Certificate Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the online course syllabi. (login required)
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for Online Graduate Certificate Public Policy
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.