Help Your Business Grow with Our Graduate Certificate in Organizational Communication
For an organization to be successful, it not only has to be good at reaching external audiences — it also needs to use communication tools that help the company function well internally. That’s where organizational communication comes in.
Median Annual Wage
At its core, organizational communication refers to communication that takes place within a business. To achieve a company’s mission, employees need to be on the same page, and various departments have to be able to collaborate with one another. Internal communication is a vital part of making sure everyone within a company is able to work toward the same goals.
With our Graduate Certificate in Organizational Communication, you can learn how to bring people together in the workplace using strategic communication. Employers need people who excel at written and verbal communication, and this program will teach you marketable skills that can help your company grow and succeed. You can become a leader in your company – someone who creates, implements, and improves communication methods in the workplace in order to help employees and managers collaborate and understand one another.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Media and Communication Occupations (viewed online June 22, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Corporate and Organizational Communication Online Graduate Certificate?
Our goal is to help you meet your educational goals in a way that fits your lifestyle. As pioneers in distance learning, we have designed our programs to meet your academic and professional needs. You can complete all of your courses online, meaning you can work toward your certificate completion while still focusing on your family, job, church, and community.
Potential Career Options with a Graduate Certificate in Organizational Communication
Our organizational communication certificate can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our organizational communications certificate:
- Advertising manager
- Communications strategist
- Professor (may require a PhD)
The critical thinking and communication that you gain from our certificate in organizational communication studies can be an asset in several career fields as you pursue positions of added responsibility. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a Graduate Certificate in Organizational Communication from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
In your certificate courses, you will learn from professors who have extensive, real-world experience in business communications. With their instruction, you will receive first-hand training that can help further your career. That way, you won’t just learn from a textbook – you’ll gain practical skills that are highly sought after in the job market.
Our graduate certificate is an excellent alternative to a full-length master’s degree. With this program, you can further your education, hone your skills, and boost your résumé without the cost and commitment of a master’s program.
We won’t just help you succeed academically and professionally – we want to equip you to follow God’s calling on your life. Because of this, your classes will be taught from a biblical worldview, and your professors will help you learn practical ways to live out your faith in the workplace.
At Liberty, you can gain the communication skills you need to help your business thrive. We are excited to offer you a well-rounded education that can help you make a positive impact on your company.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Graduate Certificate in Communications?
This program can help provide you with an overview of the theories that govern interpersonal communications. You’ll also study how to apply these theories to achieve practical, tangible results that can help your business meet its goals. With the knowledge you gain through our courses, you can help bring people together in the workplace and help your company improve its efficiency and productivity.
Our professors will teach you valuable skills that can help you stand out to employers and gain an edge over your competition. For example, you can learn strategies for resolving conflicts that arise in the workplace. In addition, this program can help equip you with concrete skills related to various aspects of internal communications, such as team building, decision making, and stress management. Through this certificate, you can gain an advanced understanding of how to better manage, lead, and motivate employees.
With this certificate, you can learn how to use various tools — both written and face-to-face — that can make you an effective communicator and leader in your company. Some forms of messaging that take place within an organization include meetings, presentations, newsletters, and performance reviews. By learning how to use these tools, you can help build relationships and improve communication among members of your organization. Join us and gain the tools you need to succeed.
Graduate Certificate in Communications Required Courses
- COMS 520 – Communication Theory and Practices
- COMS 560 – Communication and Conflict
- STCO 622 – Organizational Communication Theory and Practice
Highlights of Liberty’s Online Organizational Communication Graduate Certificate Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online graduate certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- You can complete your Graduate Certificate in Organizational Communication in as little as 1 semester.
- When you complete this graduate certificate, you can apply the credits you earn to our related master’s in interdisciplinary studies.
- By earning your online graduate certificate, you may qualify for roles in public relations, marketing, communication management, human resources, and digital media management.
Online Graduate Certificate in Organizational Communication Studies Information
- This online certificate program falls under the School of Arts and Sciences.
- Download and review the online organizational communication Certificate Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Communication and the Arts Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for the Online Graduate Certificate Program in Communications
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.