Lead Your School to Success with a Licensure-Track Graduate Certificate in School Administration Online
Are you a licensed teacher or school counselor looking to move into K-12 administrative roles? If so, Liberty University’s 100% online Graduate Certificate in School Administration and Supervision (Licensure) can help. This program is designed to help you meet Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) requirements for pursuing advanced licensure in school administration.**
*Some exclusions apply. Please refer to our exclusions page for more information.
**Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved administration and supervision program, you may apply for your license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
***Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Elementary, Middle, and High School Principals, 2020 (viewed online June 18, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
If you’ve already earned your master’s degree and do not plan to pursue a doctorate, Liberty’s graduate school administration and supervision certificate is a great option! Through this program, you can gain the tools and credentials you need to become a leader in your school and community. Whether you want to work as a school principal or superintendent, our graduate school administration certificate online can help equip you to make a difference in the lives of your students.
Potential Careers with a Graduate Certificate in School Administration and Supervision
Our Graduate Certificate in School Administration and Supervision can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited certificate:
- K-12 school administrator
- School district leader
- School principal/assistant principal
- School superintendent
The leadership and communication skills that you gain from our certificate in school administration and supervision can be an asset in many other aspects of the education world as you pursue positions of added responsibility. Additionally, this certificate can help you gain the credentials you need to explore employment opportunities in the administrative side of education. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a school administration and supervision certificate from Liberty University.
This program is designed for those who are not planning to pursue a degree beyond the master’s level. If you are considering earning an additional degree, our Executive Certificate in School Administration and Supervision (Licensure) may be a better fit for you.
Students enrolling in Educational Leadership programs are not eligible to receive Georgia Tier I or Tier II Educational Leadership Certification.
Why Choose Liberty’s School Administration Certificate?
As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, we know what it takes to create online programs that blend flexibility, affordability, and accessibility. At Liberty, your success is our success, which is why we utilize cutting-edge technology to bring you the best online learning experience possible. You can complete our 100% online Graduate Certificate in School Administration and Supervision without visiting a college campus — and in just 1.5 years!
Liberty is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Additionally, Liberty University’s School of Education meets rigorous national standards for educator preparation set by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). This means you can rest assured that you are receiving an education of the highest quality.
At Liberty, we don’t just train education professionals — we train ethical, principled leaders who can make a difference in their communities. Our courses seek to combine biblical principles with industry best practices, so you can stand out as a person of integrity in the workplace. You’ll also study under seasoned faculty who have years of experience in K-12 education. With their guidance, you can broaden your skill set and prepare to pursue exciting new opportunities.
What Will You Learn in Our Online School Administration Certificate?
This program is divided into 3 main parts: core administration and supervision content, gate courses, and field experience. Your core courses will cover a variety of essential topics, including school law, school finance and management, and supervision of instruction. You’ll also explore the process of communication and collaboration between school personnel and the community. Other topics of study include design and improvement of curriculum and instruction, pupil and staff personnel, school organization and management, and student activities.
In addition to honing your educational leadership abilities, you can put your skills to the test by completing 2 full-semester practicum courses and 1 full-semester internship. Within these field experience placements, you’ll gain exposure to 5 different education settings — elementary school, middle school, high school, central offices, and agencies. Your gate courses will help ensure that you are prepared for the culminating internship and stay on track to graduate, so you can fulfill the requirements for pursuing advanced licensure in school administration and supervision.
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Liberty’s School Administration Certificate Online
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
- Our Graduate Certificate in School Administration and Supervision is available at just $415 per credit hour for full-time students.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Liberty University’s School of Education meets rigorous national standards for educator preparation set by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- As an online student, you’ll have the opportunity to network with leaders in education from across the country.
- This online certificate can help you pursue school administration and supervision advanced licensure.
Online School Administration Certificate Program Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online School Administration and Supervision Certificate
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online School Administration Certificate
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Current initial state teaching or school counseling license
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.