Your Service Matters to Us
Discover military-friendly benefits, culture, and affordability at Liberty University — it’s our duty to serve you.
per credit hour
per credit hour
per credit hour
Going to school while serving your country isn’t always easy. At Liberty University, we understand, so you’ll find deployment-friendly classes, military-focused degrees, and special pricing so whatever you’re aiming for, you can hit your mark.
It’s our duty to serve you.
For undergraduate certificates, associate degrees, and bachelor’s degrees, the tuition rate is $250 per credit hour. This tuition cost is in line with the Tuition Assistance cap for Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, and Coast Guard.
For graduate certificates and master’s degrees, the tuition rate is $275 per credit hour. This tuition rate also applies to the following postgraduate and doctoral programs:
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
- Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) – Pastoral Counseling (no other D.Min. tracks are eligible)
- Educational Specialist (Ed.S.)
- Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction
- Executive Certificate in Higher Education Administration
- Postgraduate Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Pursuing a Graduate Divinity Program?
There is a discounted divinity block rate for master’s-level divinity programs of $2,475 per semester for full-time attendance (9-15 credits/semester) – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours. Credits taken above 15 credit hours are charged at the part-time rate.
Please note: The Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) in Pastoral Counseling is the only doctoral track eligible for the military block rate.
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Here’s how:
- If you’re earning or have earned a master’s degree through Liberty, you automatically qualify for the low price (when you begin within 2 years of your master’s completion).
- If you haven’t earned a master’s degree through Liberty, our Executive Certificate program allows you to pay only $300/credit hour for a post-graduate certificate that can stand alone or count as the first 21 hours of your doctoral degree — and is eligible for TA benefits. Then pay just $300/credit hour for the remainder of your doctorate. Learn more!
How to Apply for Liberty-Given Military Benefits
If you believe you may qualify for this benefit, please review the information on our LUO Military Benefits guide to submit your documentation and apply.
Once approved for this benefit, the discount is automatically applied to your student account within 3-5 business days of enrollment in your course(s). You may verify your charges have updated accordingly by viewing your Summary of Account through ASIST and when you complete Financial Check-In each semester.
Please note: If you apply to a new program, change degree levels, or break enrollment, you will be required to resubmit documentation that meets the current eligibility requirements.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact a Military Benefits Representative for assistance.