Military Tuition Discount for Online Programs
Qualified online military students and military spouses (as defined by Liberty University) are given a discount on the cost of tuition.
- For undergraduate certificates, associate degrees, and bachelor’s degrees, the tuition rate is $250 per credit hour. This tuition cost is in line with the Tuition Assistance cap for Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, and Coast Guard.
- For graduate certificate and master’s degrees, the tuition rate is $275 per credit hour. This tuition rate also applies to the following postgraduate or doctoral programs:
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
- Educational Specialist (Ed.S.)
- Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) – Pastoral Counseling (no other D.Min. tracks are eligible)
- Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction
- Executive Certificate in Higher Education Administration
- Postgraduate Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- There is a discounted divinity block rate for master’s level divinity programs of $2,475 (per semester – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours.) Credits taken above 15 credit hours are charged at the part-time rate. Please note: the Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) in Pastoral Counseling is the only doctoral track eligible for the military block rate.
- Beginning Fall 2020, when you complete a graduate degree through Liberty – including the nested 21-hour advanced certificates – and you continue your studies into a doctoral program within 2 academic years of graduation, you will receive a reduced tuition rate of just $300 per credit hour.*
*The $300 tuition rate only applies to active service members, eligible veterans, and spouses who are new to a doctoral program in Fall 2020 or after. DoD employees are not eligible for the discounted tuition rate at the doctoral level. Both Ed.S. and Ed.D. programs will retain a tuition rate of $275 per credit hour.
Liberty University has Many Awards Recognizing our Military-friendliness, Benefits, and Affordability
How to Apply for Liberty Given Military Benefits
If you believe you may qualify for this benefit, please review the information on our LUO Military Benefits guide to submit your documentation and apply.
Once approved for this benefit, the discount is automatically applied to your student account within 3-5 business days of enrollment in your course(s). You may verify your charges have updated accordingly by viewing your Summary of Account through ASIST and when you complete Financial Check-In each semester.
Please note: If you apply to a new program, change degree levels, or break enrollment, you will be required to resubmit documentation that meets the current eligibility requirements.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact a Military Benefits Representative for assistance.