Promote Wellness by Earning an Online Graduate Certificate in Nutrition
Do you have a passion for helping others make healthy food and wellness choices? Our 100% online Graduate Certificate in Nutrition provides the advanced training in nutrition you need to advocate for healthy choices in a variety of contexts. Through our graduate nutrition certificate program, you will be prepared to explain the relationship between nutrition and disease prevention, understand best practices for avoiding food-borne illnesses, and the psychological and social factors that contribute to poor nutrition.
You want to make a difference in your community, and our online Graduate Certificate in Nutrition will help you become a Champion for Christ in the field of nutrition and public health.
Why Choose Liberty’s Graduate Certificate in Nutrition?
As a leading online Christian college and a pioneer in distance education since 1985, we offer a biblically-based, academically excellent program delivered in a format tailored to meet your needs as a student and a professional. Available 100% online with no set login times, you can earn your Graduate Certificate in Nutrition with us wherever life takes you.
Our eight-week courses maximize your time, so you can graduate with your nutrition certificate sooner than you would in a traditional, residential program. Taught by professors with real-world experience as nutritionists, our online Graduate Certificate in Nutrition will give you the education you need to further your career without uprooting you or your family.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Nutrition Graduate Certificate Program?
Throughout our graduate nutrition certificate, you will learn the basic principles of nutrition, metabolism, and the role food plays in maintaining good health. You will have access to current research and governmental initiatives regarding food safety and explore the best practices for handling food in food service systems. You will also study the societal, familial, and psychological factors involved in the development of eating disorders, Type 2 Diabetes, and other nutrition-based diseases. Other courses in this graduate nutrition certificate will examine the current research regarding the relationship between genetics, chronic disease, and nutritional therapy.
- HLTH 640 – Principles of Nutrition
- HLTH 642 – Food-borne Illness Prevention
- HLTH 643 – Nutrition and Chronic Disease
- HLTH 644 – Diabetes, Obesity, & Eating Disorders
- HLTH 645 – Performance Nutrition for the Physically Active
Our Online Nutrition Graduate Certificate Program Information
- Download and explore the Certificate Completion Plan.
- This online certificate program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- View all of the graduate health science course syllabi (login required).
- Gainful Employment Data
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Our Online Graduate Certificate in Nutrition Program Highlights
- By earning your Graduate Certificate in Nutrition from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past four years – and counting.
- You can complete this graduate nutrition certificate program online in as little as one semester.
- You can transfer your nutrition certificate courses into one of our related master’s degree programs when you are ready to further your education.
Similar Online Programs
- Master of Public Health in Nutrition – Our Master of Public Health (MPH) in Nutrition online degree program will help you master skills pertinent to the field of public health and prepare you to influence your community through promoting proper nutrition.
Admission Requirements for Online Graduate Certificate Programs
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.