Serve Your Community with a Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
You enjoy developing creative solutions to problems. You’re passionate about making a difference in your community and beyond. You want to continue your education but can’t commit to a full-length master’s degree.
If that sounds like you, Liberty’s Graduate Certificate in Public Administration online is a great option. This program seeks to help equip students like you to become Christ-centered scholars, politicians, and public administrators. You can learn how to implement government policies, protect freedom and justice, and develop public programs that serve the common good.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Urban and Regional Planners, 2020 (viewed online June 21, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Public administrators are responsible for carrying out public policy in a cost-effective manner and designing programs that benefit citizens. Whether you want to work in the private or public sector, our public service certificate can help you pursue the next step in your career.
Potential Career Options with a Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
Our public administration certificate can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited certificate:
- Administrative services manager
- Emergency management director
- Policy specialist
- Social and community service manager
- Urban planner
The leadership and administration skills that you gain from our certificate in public administration can be an asset in many other aspects of the political world as you pursue positions of added responsibility. Additionally, the credits from this certificate may transfer directly into the master’s in public administration. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a public administration certificate from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
What does a public administrator do?
Public administrators carry out government policies on a practical level. In other words, they don’t create policy — they develop, implement, and oversee programs that put policy into practice. Their main goal is to serve the public and meet the needs of citizens.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Public Administration Program?
Our certificate courses in public administration are offered 100% online with no set login times. You can complete your classes whenever and wherever it’s most convenient for you — even from the comfort of your home!
The best part? You can earn this public administration certificate online in as little as 1 semester! At only 9 credit hours, this program is a great option for those seeking a fast, flexible path to graduation.
Do you want to study under seasoned faculty who teach from a biblical worldview? If so, Liberty is for you! Our professors have years of experience working in government and public affairs. They can help you integrate ethical principles with professional knowledge, allowing you to stand out as a person of integrity in the workplace.
At Liberty, you won’t have to sacrifice quality for flexibility. We are accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). You can be confident that your certificate from Liberty has met rigorous academic standards and accreditation requirements.
Earning a certificate is a great way to pursue higher-level jobs or potentially switch career paths altogether. At Liberty, you can also develop vital skills that can help you work more effectively in your current position.
What Will You Learn in Our Public Administration Online Courses?
Liberty’s online public administration courses can help equip you for a rewarding career in public service. You can learn how to implement policies and projects that improve operations, boost team morale, and fulfill important objectives. With this knowledge, you can prepare to lead with excellence in a nonprofit or public organization.
This program explores a variety of relevant topics, such as management, government bureaucracy, and public policy analysis. You’ll study how to collaborate with local governments, manage public resources, and handle public budgeting for various projects.
Learn how to promote economic growth in your community. Our courses can help hone your skills in communication, project management, and decision-making. You can become better equipped to launch economic development initiatives that improve the lives of those around you.
Additionally, you will analyze public administration through the lens of several different worldviews. In particular, you’ll explore how Judeo-Christian principles can be applied to public policy. That way, you can become a Champion for Christ and live out ethical standards in your career.
Partner with us and prepare to help your community achieve long-term growth and success.
- PADM 501 – Fundamentals of Public Administration
- PADM 530 – Politics, Strategies, and Initiatives of Community Economic Development
- PADM 550 – Public Policy Analysis
Highlights of Liberty’s Online Certificate in Public Administration
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your public administration graduate certificate online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 8 years — and counting.
- You can complete this public administration certificate online in as little as 1 semester!
- The credits from this public admin certificate can be applied toward our online Master of Public Administration.
- You can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal while completing your public administration courses.
- We’re committed to offering an education that helps prepare students for the real world. This program is designed for individuals who want to gain a theoretical and practical foundation in public administration.
Public Administration Online Certificate Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Online Public Administration Certificate Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Public Administration Certificate Program Online
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.