Gain Important Public Service Skills with an Online Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
If you are someone who wants to make an impact on the world around you, a certificate in public administration can prepare you for leadership positions in the public sector where you can make a difference. Our Graduate Certificate in Public Administration examines the current theories and practices of public affairs and civil service administration.
In our public administration certificate, you can develop the knowledge to effectively implement policies, projects, and programs within government and nonprofit organizations that will improve operations and team morale. With the training you gain from this certificate program, you can implement best practices in your career as a civil servant in government, non-government support, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Graduate Certificate Program?
Liberty University’s online Graduate Certificate in Public Administration provides the essential training you need for a successful career in public administration while giving you the flexibility to fit the program into your current schedule. You can complete this certificate 100% online, which can help you complete your education and stay involved with your family, job, and other responsibilities.
The online courses in this certificate provide essential studies in the financial, professional, and administrative issues that are related to federal, state, and local levels of government and nonprofit organizations. You will be stretched academically as you prepare for your future in public administration.
Additionally, a certificate program can be a great way to test the waters of graduate studies if you are concerned about the length and cost of a master’s degree program.
What Will You Learn in the Online Graduate Certificate in Public Administration?
This Graduate Certificate in Public Administration provides a focused overview of important principles of public service and administration. Throughout this certificate, you will explore theories and practices for navigating the politics of bureaucracy, managing public organizations, and core functions of government.
Additionally, you will study community economic development and strategies for working with local government and communities to better manage public resources, with the added advantage of studying public policy in the context of the Christian worldview.
- PADM 501 – Fundamentals of Public Administration
- PADM 530 – Politics, Strategies, and Initiatives of Community Economic Development
- PADM 550 – Public Policy Analysis
Program Highlights of the Online Public Administration Graduate Certificate
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You can complete this online Graduate Certificate in Public Administration in as little as 1 semester.
- You may apply credits earned from this certificate to our Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) degree.
Online Graduate Certificate in Public Administration Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for Online Graduate Certificate Programs
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.