Advance Your Career with a Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
You enjoy developing creative solutions to problems. You’re passionate about making a difference in your community and beyond. You want to continue your education but can’t commit to a full-length master’s degree.
If that sounds like you, Liberty’s Graduate Certificate in Public Administration online is a great option. This program equips students to become Christ-centered scholars, politicians, and public administrators. You’ll learn how to implement government policies, protect freedom and justice, and develop public programs that serve the common good.
Public administrators are responsible for carrying out public policy in a cost-effective manner and designing programs that benefit citizens. Whether you want to work in the private or public sector, our public service certificate can help take your career to the next level.
What does a public administrator do?
Public administrators carry out government policies on a practical level. In other words, they don’t create policy — they develop, implement, and oversee programs that put policy into practice. Their main goal is to serve the public and meet the needs of citizens.
What can you do with a certificate in public administration?
This is a versatile program that can help equip you for a wide variety of career paths. You could work for the government at the local, state, or national level. Or, if a career in government isn’t for you, you could also work for a nonprofit. Some roles you may qualify for after completing this certificate include:
- Administrative services manager
- Nonprofit director
- Public administration consultant
- Public interest advocate
- Research associate
- Urban planning specialist
How much money does a public administrator make?
Many public administration graduates go on to work as administrative services managers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary for administrative services managers is $96,940 per year. This field is projected to grow 6% from 2019 to 2029, which is faster than the average for all other industries.* Earning your public administration certificate online is a great way to prepare for exciting, lucrative job opportunities.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Administrative Services Managers (viewed online October 5, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Public Administration Program?
Our certificate courses in public administration are offered 100% online, with no set login times. You can complete your classes whenever and wherever it’s most convenient for you — even from the comfort of your home!
The best part? You can earn this certificate in as little as 1 semester! At only 9 credit hours, this program is a great option for those seeking a fast, flexible path to graduation.
Do you want to study under seasoned faculty who teach from a biblical worldview? If so, Liberty is for you! Our professors have years of experience working in government and public affairs. They can help you integrate ethical principles with professional knowledge, allowing you to stand out as a person of integrity in the workplace.
At Liberty, you won’t have to sacrifice quality for flexibility. We are regionally accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). You can be confident that your certificate from Liberty will be a valuable, marketable credential.
Earning a certificate is a great way to advance your career, increase your earnings, or even switch career paths altogether. You’ll also gain vital skills that can help you become more effective in your current job.
What Will You Learn in Our Public Administration Online Courses?
Liberty’s online public administration courses can equip you for a rewarding career in public service. You’ll learn how to implement policies and projects that improve operations, boost team morale, and fulfill important objectives. With this knowledge, you can become an effective leader in a nonprofit or public organization.
This program explores a variety of relevant topics, such as management, government bureaucracy, and public policy analysis. You’ll study how to collaborate with local governments, manage public resources, and handle public budgeting for various projects.
Learn how to promote economic growth in your community. Our courses will help hone your skills in communication, project management, and decision-making. You’ll be equipped to launch economic development initiatives that improve the lives of those around you.
Additionally, you will analyze public administration through the lens of several different worldviews. In particular, you’ll explore how Judeo-Christian principles can be applied to public policy. That way, you can become a Champion for Christ and live out ethical standards in your career.
Partner with us and prepare to help your community achieve long-term growth and success.
- PADM 501 – Fundamentals of Public Administration
- PADM 530 – Politics, Strategies, and Initiatives of Community Economic Development
- PADM 550 – Public Policy Analysis
Highlights of Liberty’s Online Certificate in Public Administration
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your public administration graduate certificate online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- You can complete this public administration certificate online in as little as 1 semester!
- The credits from this public admin certificate can be applied toward our online Master of Public Administration.
- You can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal while completing your public administration courses.
- We’re committed to offering an education that prepares students for the real world. This program is designed for individuals who want to gain a theoretical and practical foundation in public administration.
Public Administration Online Certificate Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Online Public Administration Certificate Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Public Administration Certificate Program Online
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.