Gain Important Public Service Skills with an Online Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
If you are someone who wants to make an impact on the world around you, a certificate in public administration can prepare you for leadership positions in the public sector where you can make a difference. Our Graduate Certificate in Public Administration examines the current theories and practices of public affairs and civil service administration. You will develop the knowledge to implement policies, projects, and programs within government and nonprofit organizations that will improve operations and increase effective teamwork. With the training you gain from this certificate program, you can implement best practices in your career as a civil servant in government, non-government support, and non-profit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Graduate Certificate Program?
The online courses in this certificate provide essential studies of the financial, professional, and administrative issues that are related to the federal, state, and local levels of government and nonprofit organizations. You will be stretched academically as you prepare for your future, equipping you to work in public administration.
Liberty University’s online Graduate Certificate in Public Administration provides the essential training you need for a successful career in public administration while giving you the flexibility to fit the degree into your current schedule. You can complete this certificate 100% online, which provides the flexibility you need to complete your education and stay involved with your family, job, and other responsibilities. Additionally, a certificate program can be the best way to start graduate studies if you are concerned about a master’s degree program length and cost.
What Will You Learn in the Online Graduate Certificate in Public Administration?
This Graduate Certificate in Public Administration provides an in-depth, but concise overview of important principles of public service and administration. Throughout this certificate, you will explore theories and practices for navigating the politics of bureaucracy, managing public organizations, and core functions of government. You will also study community economic development and strategies for working with local government and communities to better manage public resources and study public policy in the context of the Christian worldview.
- PADM 501 – Fundamentals of Public Administration
- PADM 530 – Politics, Strategies, and Initiatives of Community Economic Development
- PADM 550 – Public Policy Analysis
Program Highlights of the Online Public Administration Graduate Certificate
- By earning your online Graduate Certificate in Public Administration from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You can complete this online Graduate Certificate in Public Administration in as little as one semester.
- You may apply credits earned from this certificate to our Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree.
Online Graduate Certificate in Public Administration Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the online course syllabi (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for Online Graduate Certificate Programs
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.