Gain Expert Knowledge in Psychology and Advance in Your Career
Are you a working professional in a psychology-related field and interested in transitioning to a role in leadership or research? Liberty University’s Executive Certificate in Psychology may be the program for you. This certificate provides you with expert knowledge in your field and a credential that can take you further.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Psychologists, 2020 (viewed online June 21, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
With this certificate, you will study courses in advanced research, statistics, and analysis in psychology. This will give you the foundation you need to work as a manager, leader, researcher, or professor. Whether you work for a government, private, or nonprofit organization in healthcare or higher education, this certificate can provide you with an advanced understanding of psychology. You can use what you will learn to lead others and bring new ideas to the field.
Career Opportunities for Executive Certificate in Psychology Graduates
Our Executive Certificate in Psychology can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited certificate:
- Corporate psychologist
- Program or department head
- Project manager
The skills you gain in research methods and teaching skills can help you in your current role at your organization or help prepare you for positions of elevated responsibility. Another benefit of Liberty’s Executive Certificates is that you can seamlessly transfer into one of our corresponding postgraduate or doctoral programs. So if you are looking to further your studies after completing your psychology certificate, you will be able to transfer all 21 credits into our PhD in Psychology!
Military Tuition Discount
If you have served in the military, we want to go above and beyond to show you our gratitude. That’s why we designed our 21-credit-hour certificates to work especially well for you. Earning an Executive Certificate makes you eligible for our military alumni doctoral discount — you’ll receive the discounted $300/credit hour military rate both during the certificate and later during the corresponding doctoral degree after you roll over your completed credits.
If your plans to earn a doctoral degree lie further in the future, each certificate also stands on its own as a professional development credential, setting you apart from your peers and giving you the flexibility to start a doctoral degree whenever you’re ready. It’s one more way we show our appreciation.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Executive Certificate in Psychology Online?
At Liberty, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. In keeping with that mission, we strive for excellence in all that we do. By earning your Executive Certificate from Liberty University, you will receive the following benefits:
- Flexibility | Each of your certificate courses is offered in a 100% online, 8-week format with 8 different start dates throughout the year. You can complete your certificate at your own pace while continuing to devote time to your family, work, and community.
- Professors | Our professors are distinguished individuals who have worked in the field, authored books, and earned terminal degrees. They are ready to partner with you as you complete your certificate and help you achieve academic, professional, and spiritual growth.
- Transfer Opportunities | An exciting feature of our Executive Certificates is that you can transfer all 21 credits directly into one of our doctoral degrees. This certificate allows you to get a jumpstart on your doctorate without committing to the program right away.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Psychology Certificate?
As someone who has worked in settings that require a knowledge of and background in psychology, you understand the importance of continual education and research. We have designed our executive certificate to combine graduate- and doctoral-level coursework in psychology that can help you gain expert knowledge in the field.
Upon successful completion of this certification, you will be able to:
- Apply psychological research to practical individual and social problems.
- Evaluate the psychological research literature in the context of a biblical worldview.
- Evaluate research literature in psychology to include major concepts, theories, research methodologies, and empirical findings.
- Evaluate various research methodologies, designs, and statistical procedures in psychological sciences.
- PSYC 510 – Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology I
- PSYC 515 – Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology II
- PSYC 710 – Psychological Research and Biblical Worldview
- PSYC 775 – Teaching of Psychology
- PSYC 810 – Advanced Research: Qualitative Research and Analysis
- PSYC 815 – Advanced Research: Quantitative Research and Analysis
Choose one of the following courses:
- PSYC 712 – Theories and Research in Social Psychology
- PSYC 716 – Theories and Research in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- PSYC 725 – Theories and Research in Developmental Psychology
Highlights of Our Psychology Online Certificate
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online Executive Certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- You can complete your Executive Certificate in Psychology in as little as 1.5 years.
- You can transfer all of your hard-earned credits from this certificate into our PhD in Psychology – giving you a jumpstart on your doctorate.
Executive Certificate in Psychology Information
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Executive Certificate for Psychology
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $300 per credit hour for postgraduate courses
- Roll these credits into the corresponding doctoral degree
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Please note: The $300/credit hour doctoral military rate cannot be combined with the First Responder Discount.
Admission Requirements for the Executive Certificate in Psychology
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Statement of Purpose
- Contact information for 2 approved recommenders, the student’s former college professors or supervisors
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.