Transform Lives with Liberty University’s Master’s in Applied Psychology Online
Are you fascinated by how the human brain works and passionate about applying these insights to improve the lives of others? If so, Liberty University’s master’s in psychology online — applied psychology is the program for you!
What is Applied Psychology?
Applied psychology takes insights from psychological theories and applies them to a variety of settings like schools, corporations, and clinical environments. Rather than researching and developing theories, you will be on the front lines. You’ll use innovation to determine how to best incorporate these theories to improve your industry. A master’s in applied psychology will help you understand the needs of the people around you and how to meet them.
Meet Needs in a Variety of Fields
You’ll find that a degree in applied psychology will provide you with a diverse skill set. You can then use these skills to positively affect people in many different settings. Take a look at what you can do with one of our specializations in applied psychology:
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology — Apply your skills to improve work relations within a company. You may improve the company’s culture and employee satisfaction.
- Developmental Psychology — Work with people who have mental and behavioral disorders. You may work with patients in a hospital, school, or even your own practice!
How Our Online Master’s in Psychology Benefits You
Not only does applied psychology open the doors to careers in a variety of fields, but more positions are becoming available with a high salary rate. Job growth for psychologists is expected to grow 14% from 2018 to 2028 — much higher than the national average. Plus, the median pay for psychologists is $79,010.*
Liberty University’s master’s in applied psychology will prepare you for a career where understanding the intricacies of the human mind and behavior is essential. Are you looking for a lucrative career that combines your love for theory with your love for working with people and your heart for service? If that sounds like you, earning a master’s in applied psychology is the perfect first step towards your dreams.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Psychologists, 2019 (viewed online February 3, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Psychology — Applied Psychology?
At Liberty University, your success is our success, which is why we have designed an applied psychology master’s degree tailored to meet your career goals and academic needs. Our applied psychology master’s degree offers a core curriculum that then splits into 2 specializations — developmental and industrial/organizational. This will provide you with the foundation you need for any career in psychology while giving you the depth of knowledge required for your specific career goals.
Specializations Designed for You
Through our developmental concentration, you will be trained to use empirical research to evaluate developmental issues across the lifespan and offer practical solutions based on sound research. The industrial organization concentration will train you to apply psychological concepts to understand human thinking and behavior in organizational settings.
Gain Experience in Your Field
Whether you choose the developmental or industrial/organizational track, both of our specializations within applied psychology will focus on applying these concepts in real-world settings through application-based assignments and projects. Through this, you’ll gain the experience you need to succeed in your chosen profession.
A Faith-Based Education
Our master’s of psychology online — applied psychology emphasizes our Christian worldview and how we can use studies in psychology to optimize human functioning while glorifying God.
Our dedicated faculty will challenge you to bridge psychological understandings with a biblical worldview. You’ll learn how psychology confirms and supports the truths taught in God’s Word. By studying applied psychology at Liberty University, you will be prepared to practice it in a way that complements a Christian worldview.
Pursue Your Degree with Confidence
Because our master’s in applied psychology is offered completely online, you can remain active in your job, family, and community without worrying about taking courses on campus. You can have confidence that you will be well-prepared for your career in applied psychology because Liberty provides you with:
- Strong academics
- Dedicated faculty
- A commitment to Christian faith
- Specializations tailored to your career goals
- A flexible online format
M.A. in Applied Psychology Specializations
When you pursue the Master of Arts in Psychology, you will choose 1 of the 2 following specializations to personalize your degree to your unique professional goals.
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Arts in Applied Psychology – Developmental Psychology examines how humans develop physically, cognitively, emotionally, and socially over time and how these theories of development can be applied to real-world problems. You’ll become prepared to work with individuals in a variety of settings to make their lives better and help them in whatever chapter of life they are currently in.
- Adolescent development specialist
- College professor
- Developmental specialist
- Education consultant
- Human resources analyst
- Rehabilitation counselor
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Arts in Applied Psychology – Industrial/Organizational Psychology program will help you understand the psychological dynamics of the workplace so that you can become a leader in the industrial and organizational psychology field. You will gain the knowledge and experience you need to create positive and efficient workplace atmospheres and optimize the workplace experience for employees. With our industrial/organizational psychology specialization, you will have the skills you need to meet your goals in this field.
- Behavioral analyst
- Employment counselor
- Hiring manager
- Social services manager
- Talent management specialist
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s Degree in Psychology – Applied Psychology?
Liberty’s master’s in applied psychology will take you on a fascinating exploration of psychological science and Christian faith. Through 5 essential psychology courses, you will gain advanced training in research methods and statistics in psychology. Our master’s in applied psychology degree program is designed to help you understand how various individual social and cultural factors influence thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.
Through 5 core courses in Liberty University’s master’s in applied psychology, you will learn:
- Cognitive psychology theory and research
- How to design, conduct, and present your own research
- Methodology, statistical techniques, ethics, and data analysis in research
- Theories for human behavior in social contexts
- The relationship between psychological science and Christian faith
Our applied psychology master’s degree also gives you the unique opportunity to customize your degree with an area of study. These specializations are designed to give you a better understanding of the field of psychology in specific contexts.
The developmental concentration will help you become a critical consumer of developmental research within physical, cognitive, emotional, and social domains and implement empirically supported solutions to real-world problems.
The industrial/organizational psychology concentration will strengthen your skills in evaluating and applying organizational research so that you are prepared to lead in the industrial and organizational psychology field.
Career Options for Graduates with an Applied Psychology Master’s Degree
As someone who is passionate about helping others, you’re interested in pursuing this degree so you can make a profession out of it. So, what can you do with a master’s in applied psychology?
Take a look at some of the careers that may be available to you after completing your online psychology master’s degree:
- Developmental specialist
- Employment counselor
- Human resource analyst
- Rehabilitation counselor
- Social services manager
Online Master’s Degree in Psychology — Applied Psychology Highlights
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years ̶ and counting.
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online master’s in psychology — applied psychology degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Students enrolled in our master’s degree in applied psychology program will have access to a wide variety of resources through Liberty’s research portal.
- Liberty graduates are frequently sought after by prestigious companies for their integrity, personal discipline, and versatility.
- Students enrolled in our Master of Arts in Applied Psychology can transfer in up to 50% of their degree total from another accredited college.
- You may experience an increase in job opportunities in public service after completing our master’s of applied psychology online degree.
Master’s in Applied Psychology Information
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- View the Graduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for Our Master’s in Applied Psychology
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.