Our Executive Certificate in Higher Education Administration Equips You to Lead with Confidence
Enhance your leadership abilities and knowledge of the operation of colleges and universities by earning Liberty University’s 100% online Executive Certificate in Higher Education Administration. If you’re a professional in the field of education looking for additional training at the post-graduate level but do not have the time or resources to pursue a degree program, this advanced certificate may provide the credentials you need to further your career. This certificate also provides a seamless transition to an Educational Specialist (Ed.S.) program, which in turn provides the option to continue on to a corresponding doctoral degree.
The professors at Liberty University are ready to help you grow professionally as you gain knowledge in the advanced techniques and current trends of higher education administration.
Pairs Well with Military Benefits
If you have served in the military, we want to go above and beyond to show you our gratitude. That’s why we designed our 21 credit hour certificates to work especially well for you.
If your plans to earn a doctoral degree lay further in the future, each certificate also stands on its own as a professional development credential, setting you apart from your peers and giving you the flexibility to start a doctoral degree whenever you’re ready. It’s one more way we show our appreciation.
Why Should You Choose Liberty University’s Executive Certificate in Higher Education Administration?
Whether you are currently working in a leadership or administrative role or are preparing to advance your career, our online Executive Certificate in Higher Education Administration provides a convenient way to gain the skills and knowledge you need to successfully fill a management role at a college or university. This certificate will help you improve your leadership skills and apply your teaching and education experience to solve organizational problems at institutions of higher learning.
Our online Executive Certificate in Higher Education Administration develops educators with a Christian worldview who can serve in schools with diligence and integrity. Our experienced professors teach theories of leadership styles and how those styles influence school personnel, the community, and instructional innovation within the school system.
What Will You Learn in our Online Executive Certificate in Higher Education Administration?
Throughout this executive certificate, you will study the sociological, cultural, and psychological needs of the unique students that make up your classroom. This will tie in with a study of the nature and management of educational organizations. You will also focus on the aspects of organization and leadership of colleges and universities. You will explore assessment programs that inform curriculum planning in order to bring about measurable results for students. You will learn how to balance strategies to bring about continuous improvements while at the same time satisfying the requirements of accreditation agencies.
- EDUC 745 – Organizational Analysis & Problem Solving for Educators
- EDUC 758 – Teaching the College Student
- EDUC 759 – College & University Administration
- EDUC 782 – Historical Perspectives of Higher Education
- EDUC 783 – Economic Impact in Higher Education
- EDUC 784 – Assessment and Accreditation
- EDUC 845 – Policy Analysis
Program Highlights of the Executive Certificate in Higher Education Administration
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online Executive Certificate in Higher Education Administration in as little as 1.5 years.
- You may apply many credits earned in our online Executive Certificate in Higher Education Administration toward a relevant post-graduate or doctoral degree.
Executive Certificate in Higher Education Administration Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides. (login required)
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Roll these credits into the corresponding doctoral degree
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Admission Requirements for our Executive Certificate in Higher Education Administration
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.