Online Students Military Benefits

As someone who has served our country, you understand the importance of duty.

And at Liberty – it’s our duty and honor to serve you.

We appreciate your service, and we want to support you as you’re pursuing higher education. We offer a variety of benefits, discounts, and scholarships to help you make your education and career goals a reality.

Apply Now Request Information 


It’s important to be a part of an institution you trust. At Liberty, we want to earn your trust.

Liberty University has been designated a National Security Agency and Department of Homeland Security Center of Academic Excellence for Cyber Defense Education (NSA/DHS CAE-CDE).*

*These designations are for our B.S. in Information Technology – Data Networking and Security. Liberty plans to submit other cybersecurity programs for this designation over the next two years.

NSA Liberty University Center of Academic Excellence for Cyber Defense Education


DHS Seal - Liberty University Center of Academic Excellence for Cyber Defense Education

Liberty University is regionally accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and holds some of the highest programmatic accreditation for the School of Education (NCATE through CAEP), School of Nursing (CCNE), School of Business (ACBSP), School of Music (NASM), School of Behavioral Sciences (CACREP), and more.

Acc NCATE Logo Color High Resol Circle

CCNE Accredited

ACBSP Accredited Program Logo

Apply Now Request Information 

Military Support

Military Benefits Admissions

Admissions Counselors

Our admissions team is ready to guide you through the admissions process as you’re applying and finding the right program for you.

Call Now
Live Chat

Military Benefits Student Financial Services

Student Financial Services

Paying for school can be a confusing process. Our financial team is here to support you throughout this process and answer all your questions.

Call Now
Live Chat

Military Benefits Military Affairs

Military Affairs

Our military experts are trained in helping you with the specific academic and financial needs you’ll have as a service member, veteran, or military spouse.

Call Now
Live Chat

Tuition Discounts

$250 per credit hour

for undergraduate students

$275 per credit hour

for graduate students

$300 per credit hour

for doctoral students

Military Tuition Assistance

As part of Liberty University’s commitment to providing excellent service to military students, we have a team of professionals available to assist you with your Tuition Assistance funding. Tuition Assistance (TA) is a government benefit offered to current service members of all branches of the Armed Forces to assist with the cost of tuition. Some Department of Defense employees and military spouses may also be eligible to receive a form of Tuition Assistance. 

Click your branch of the military below for more specific information relevant to the type of Tuition Assistance you will be using. You can also check out our Tuition Assistance page for more information.

Apply Now Request Information 

Military Benefits

Your commitment to our country and our safety is evident. We want to honor your commitment by providing you with benefits to help you succeed in higher education. Some of the benefits you could utilize include:

    Apply Now Request Information 

    Electronic Books

    Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years  ̶  and counting.

    To continue our mission of providing affordable education, Liberty provides electronic textbooks for all undergraduate and all divinity* courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!

    *Electronic textbooks are not provided for pastoral counseling courses, which fall under the School of Behavioral Sciences.

    Niche Best Colleges

    GI Bill® Benefits  

    Liberty University is approved to offer GI Bill® educational benefits by the Virginia State Approving Agency. These benefits include the Montgomery GI Bill® (Active Duty/Selected Reserves), the Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program, the Post-9/11 GI Bill®, and Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E). Learn more!

    College Credit for Military Training

    Your military training and experience could potentially qualify you for undergraduate or graduate credit through Liberty’s free evaluation of military training. Please note that credit is granted based on the American Council on Education (ACE)’s guideline recommendations.

    Additionally, Liberty University has partnered with the Air University – Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC) program and the College of the American Soldier to maximize college credit received for military training in specific degree programs. Liberty also accepts CLEP and DSST tests to earn credit toward your online degree.

    Contact our Military Evaluation Coordinators at for more information.

    Military Benefits Eligibility Requirements

    • All current service members of the U.S. Armed Forces qualify for military benefits after basic training is completed (as defined in 10 U.S.C. § 101(a)(4)).
    • Veterans (with honorable/general discharge), military spouses, and current Department of Defense employees qualify. 
    • A military spouse is defined as a husband or wife of a service member who together are in a state-sanctioned marriage and are natural-born members of the opposite sex as defined by Liberty University.
    • Military benefits only apply to Liberty University’s online program military students.
    • Visit our main benefits page more details and what documents are needed. 

    Apply Now Request Information 

    GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at