As someone who has served our country, you understand the importance of duty.
And at Liberty – it’s our duty and honor to serve you.
We appreciate your service, and we want to support you as you’re pursuing higher education. We offer a variety of benefits, discounts, and scholarships to help you make your education and career goals a reality.
It’s important to be a part of an institution you trust. At Liberty, we want to earn your trust.
Liberty University has been designated a National Security Agency and Department of Homeland Security Center of Academic Excellence for Cyber Defense Education (NSA/DHS CAE-CDE).*
*These designations are for our B.S. in Information Technology – Data Networking and Security. Liberty plans to submit other cybersecurity programs for this designation over the next two years.
Liberty University is regionally accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and holds some of the highest programmatic accreditation for the School of Education (NCATE through CAEP), School of Nursing (CCNE), School of Business (ACBSP), School of Music (NASM), School of Behavioral Sciences (CACREP), and more.
Our admissions team is ready to guide you through the admissions process as you’re applying and finding the right program for you.
Student Financial Services
Paying for school can be a confusing process. Our financial team is here to support you throughout this process and answer all your questions.
$250 per credit hour
for undergraduate students
$275 per credit hour
for graduate students
For graduate certificates and master’s degrees, the tuition rate is $275 per credit hour.
This tuition rate also applies to the following postgraduate and doctoral programs:
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
- Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) – Pastoral Counseling (no other D.Min. tracks are eligible for this rate)
- Educational Specialist (Ed.S.)
- Executive Certificate in Curriculum and Instruction
- Executive Certificate in Higher Education Administration
- Executive Certificate in School Administration and Supervision
Pursuing a Graduate Divinity Program?
There is a discounted divinity block rate for master’s-level divinity programs of $2,475 per semester (only $165/credit at 15 credit hours). Credits taken below 9 credit hours or above 15 credit hours are charged at the part-time rate.
$300 per credit hour
for doctoral students
For executive certificates and doctoral degrees, the tuition rate may be as low as $300 per credit hour.
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members, like you or your spouse, multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Here’s how:
- If you’re earning or have earned a graduate degree through Liberty, you automatically qualify for the low price (when you begin within 2 years of your master’s completion).
- If you haven’t earned a graduate degree through Liberty, our Executive Certificate program allows you to pay only $300/credit hour for a post-graduate certificate that can stand alone or count as the first 21 hours of your doctoral degree. Then pay just $300/credit hour for the remainder of your doctorate. Learn more!
As part of Liberty University’s commitment to providing excellent service to military students, we have a team of professionals available to assist you with your Tuition Assistance funding. Tuition Assistance (TA) is a government benefit offered to current service members of all branches of the Armed Forces to assist with the cost of tuition. Some Department of Defense employees and military spouses may also be eligible to receive a form of Tuition Assistance.
Click your branch of the military below for more specific information relevant to the type of Tuition Assistance you will be using. You can also check out our Tuition Assistance page for more information.
Your commitment to our country and our safety is evident. We want to honor your commitment by providing you with benefits to help you succeed in higher education. Some of the benefits you could utilize include:
- Discounted tuition rates
- First Responders Discount
- Flexibility with 100% online programs
- Free electronic textbooks for undergraduate courses
- GI Bill® Benefits
- Military scholarships
- Potential college credit for military training
Please see our eligibility requirements for more information.
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years ̶ and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, Liberty provides electronic textbooks for all undergraduate and all divinity* courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
*Electronic textbooks are not provided for pastoral counseling courses, which fall under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
GI Bill® Benefits
Liberty University is approved to offer GI Bill® educational benefits by the Virginia State Approving Agency. These benefits include the Montgomery GI Bill® (Active Duty/Selected Reserves), the Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program, the Post-9/11 GI Bill®, and Vocational Rehabilitation. Learn more!
Your military training and experience could potentially qualify you for undergraduate or graduate credit through Liberty’s free evaluation of military training. Please note that credit is granted based on the American Council on Education (ACE)’s guideline recommendations.
Additionally, Liberty University has partnered with the Air University – Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC) program and the College of the American Soldier to maximize college credit received for military training in specific degree programs. Liberty also accepts CLEP and DSST tests to earn credit toward your online degree.
Contact our Military Evaluation Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- All current service members of the U.S. Armed Forces qualify for military benefits after basic training is completed (as defined in 10 U.S.C. § 101(a)(4)).
- Veterans (with honorable/general discharge), military spouses, and current Department of Defense employees qualify.
- A military spouse is defined as a husband or wife of a service member who together are in a state-sanctioned marriage and are natural-born members of the opposite sex as defined by Liberty University.
- Military benefits only apply to Liberty University’s online program military students.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.