Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Behavioral Sciences for Your Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)?
Christian counselors bring a balanced approach to biblically-based counseling practice and spiritual growth mentorship to help people heal and grow through difficult times. In order to build a healthy, productive, and Christ-centered counseling ministry, you need leadership and advanced counseling practice skills beyond the master’s level. If you need advanced studies in psychology and counseling practice to further your counseling ministry, Liberty’s online Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Community Care and Counseling will give you the training you need!
While the Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling is available 100% online, our week-long, optional, on-campus intensives offer a face-to-face learning environment that can provide you with professional networks and enrich your experience while pursuing your community care counseling degree. As you complete advanced research and learn new practical counseling methods, you can take advantage of Liberty’s full-time research assistants and vast online and on-campus resources to write your integrated dissertation. With your online study and research mentorship, you can complete your online program with the integrated dissertation in as little as 3 years!
As a Christian university, Liberty’s mission is to Train Champions for Christ, and we fulfill our mission by equipping counseling professionals to model Christ-like compassion and help hurting people. Partner with Liberty by applying today and becoming a part of this mission.
Make a Lasting Difference with Your Doctoral Degree
Our Ed.D. in Community Care and Counseling has 3 areas of specialization to help you make real, positive, and lasting changes in peoples’ lives.
- Marriage and Family Counseling – Prepare to use specialized assessment tools and methods to help married couples develop better relationships and build stronger families.
- Pastoral Care and Counseling – You will study advanced biblical counseling techniques in individual, family, pre-marital, and marital issues, as well as explore contemporary crises and current issues in counseling.
- Traumatology – You will be immersed in specialized trauma therapy and crisis response topics that extend from recognizing signs of child abuse to helping communities recover from disasters.
You can apply online today or contact an admissions counselor at (800) 424-9595!
What Are the Benefits of an Online Doctoral Degree from Liberty University?
Our online doctoral degree programs offer students great benefits:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online Doctor of Education from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Our Ed.D. is available in an 8-week course format with 8 different start dates each year and no set login times!