Financial Aid Steps
Get started setting up your financial aid. Follow these steps and submit the forms below that apply to you.
Submit Your FAFSA
You can complete your FAFSA using your FSA ID username and password and with Liberty’s school code (010392). You must complete the FAFSA to be considered for financial aid. You can learn more about the FAFSA on this page and in this video.
Apply for Financial Aid and/or Loans
Types of aid can include:
- Grants (Virginia residents, be sure to apply for the Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant)
- Outside aid (View processing information for outside aid)
- Work Study
Complete Financial Check-In
Log in to ASIST and complete your Financial Check-In (FCI). Once you have submitted all requested documents your financial aid can be processed. Need help? Check out these FCI tutorials for Residential and Online students.
Financial Aid Forms
You may need to submit forms to the Financial Aid Office to maintain aid eligibility or complete a review process. You should only complete the forms requested by either Financial Aid or Student Accounts and submit a tracked letter and/or email.
Forms in Your Student Account (ASIST)
Locate these forms directly in ASIST (see more about ASIST information & options): These forms will only be available in a student’s ASIST account if the form is requested by our Office or if a student has the option to complete it:
- Asset Verification Form
- External Aid Form
- Federal Direct Student Loan Change Request Form
- Federal PLUS Loan Change Form
- High School Self-Certification Form
- Private Student Loan Change Request Form
- Statement of Educational Purpose
- Statement of Household Members Form
- Verification Worksheets (Dependent and Independent)
Make sure to complete the form for the applicable year that aid is being requested. Completed and signed forms can be faxed to (434) 582-2053 or scanned and emailed to email@example.com.
2018-2019 Public Forms
- 2018-19 Previous Enrollment History Appeal Form
- 2018-19 Professional Judgment Application
- 2018-19 Two-Year College Transfer Grant (CTG) Application
2019-2020 Public Forms