Pursue a Postgraduate Credential and Increase Your Career Opportunities
Take your master’s degree further with a postgraduate certificate in public administration. If you aren’t ready to dive into a doctoral program, but you want to gain more knowledge or increase your career potential, an Executive Certificate may be the next step for you.
Liberty University’s Executive Certificate in Public Administration provides a comprehensive, 21-credit-hour track for students like you. Whether you work in the private, public, or nonprofit sector, you can quickly gain a postgraduate-level credential while preparing for future doctoral studies. Our program allows you to transfer all 21 credits into the Doctor of Public Administration or PhD in Public Administration, leaving you just 27 credits away from a completed doctorate!
Perfect for Military Benefits
If you have served in the military, we want to go above and beyond to show you our gratitude. That’s why we designed our 21-credit-hour certificates to work especially well for your benefits. These programs are designed to maximize your tuition assistance by allowing you to earn additional postgraduate-level credit without using your GI Bill® benefits*.
All credits in these certificates count toward a corresponding doctoral program, so you have a clear path forward if you want to pursue a degree. Each certificate can stand on its own as a professional development credential and give you the flexibility to start a doctoral degree whenever you’re ready. It’s one more way we show our appreciation.
Why Choose Liberty’s Executive Certificate Program?
If you want to pursue advanced credentials but don’t want to jump right into a doctoral program, our online Executive Certificate in Public Administration can help. Completing a postgraduate certificate in your field can help you stand out among your peers and pursue new job responsibilities or even increase your earning potential. Most importantly, these new opportunities can be available to you in as little as 1.5 years with our 21-credit-hour program!
With Liberty, you can be confident that your studies will also incorporate a Christian worldview. Partner with professors who care about your personal journey and success as you strive to bring positive change as a leader in your field. You can walk away with more than a postgraduate credential to your name – you can walk away equipped to make a difference with confidence and integrity.
What Will You Learn in Our Executive Certificate in Public Administration?
In this public administration program, you will develop leadership, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills that will be invaluable to you in both your career and future doctoral studies. Our courses are also designed to give you a thorough understanding of the legal, ethical, and political environments of public administration.
You will also explore advanced topics in human resources, budgeting, urban planning, information management, organizational leadership, and statesmanship. With a field as diverse as public administration, you’ll want a certificate program that provides both the high-level and specific topics you’ll need for whatever position you are called to fill in your sector – and that’s what we have to offer.
- PADM 700 – Public Administration Ethics, Statesmanship, and Governance
- PADM 702 – Advanced Public Administration Finance and Budgeting
- PADM 704 – Human Resources and the Legal and Regulatory Context of Public Administration
- PADM 708 – Studies in Urban Planning and State and Local Government
- PADM 710 – Information Management in Public Sector Organizations
- PADM 712 – Organizational Leadership and Behavior in Public Administration
- PLCY 804 – Statesmanship, Federalism, and Intergovernmental Relations
Highlights of Our Executive Certificates
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Executive Certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- Our Executive Certificates allow you to transfer all 21 credit hours into one of our corresponding PhD programs. With our DPA and PhD in Public Administration each being 48 credit hours long, you will need as few as 27 credits to complete your doctoral studies!
Executive Certificate in Public Administration Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Career Opportunities for Executive Public Administration Certificate Graduates
- Budget analyst
- City manager
- Elected official
- Executive fire services officer
- Foundation program officer
- Legislative aide
- Police lieutenant, captain, or chief
- Policy analyst
- Public agency manager
- Research scientist
- Sustainability consultant
- Urban planner
Some of these occupations may require that you have a PhD. That’s why Liberty created Executive Certificates that can seamlessly transfer into one of our corresponding PhD programs. So if you are looking to further your studies after completing your certificate in public administration, you will be able to transfer all 21 credits into our Doctor of Public Administration (DPA) or PhD in Public Administration!
Admission Requirements for Executive Certificates
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Military Benefits for Our Online Executive Certificates
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $300 per credit hour for postgraduate courses
- Maximize tuition assistance without having to use GI Bill® benefits*
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Please note: The $300/credit hour doctoral military rate cannot be combined with the First Responder Discount.
*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.