Develop Advanced Learning Systems with Liberty’s Executive Certificate in Instructional Design Technology
Instructional designers apply advanced research in teaching methods and technology to create better learning environments for K-12, university, and corporate settings. Even with extensive experience and graduate studies in instructional design, you may need to pursue a PhD in Education to advance your career to the highest level. If you aren’t ready to pursue a full doctoral track but want to increase your career opportunities, Liberty University’s 100% online Executive Certificate in Instructional Design and Technology can help you get the advanced training you need.
Our executive certificate programs are designed to align with Liberty’s PhD programs. This format allows you to transfer the 21 credit hours from the Executive Certificate in Instructional Design and Technology into the PhD in Education – Instructional Design and Technology. You can build on your graduate studies and experience in learning technology while building toward your long-term academic goals.
Perfect for Military Benefits
If you have served in the military, we want to go above and beyond to show you our gratitude. That’s why we designed our 21-credit-hour certificates to work especially well for your benefits. These programs are designed to maximize your tuition assistance by allowing you to earn additional postgraduate-level credit without using your GI Bill® benefits.*
All credits in these certificates count toward a corresponding doctoral program, so you have a clear path forward if you want to pursue a degree. Each certificate can stand on its own as a professional development credential and give you the flexibility to start a doctoral degree whenever you’re ready. It’s one more way we show our appreciation.
Why Choose Liberty’s Executive Certificate in Instructional Design and Technology?
Liberty University’s online Executive Certificate in Instructional Design and Technology is the best path forward if you want to engage in doctoral-level studies but are not prepared to pursue a full PhD program. With 21 credit hours in advanced learning technology design, you will build on your master’s-level academic studies and earn a certificate credential that can open new doors for your career. With the ability to earn your executive certificate in as little as 4 semesters, you will be well on your way to completing a PhD within a 3-year total time frame.
At Liberty, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. That means each of your professors will provide a balanced approach to learning theory – rooted in a biblical worldview. Your professors are professionals who have doctoral degrees in education or a related field and have experience engaging in sound scholarship.
Each course in your Executive Certificate in Instructional Design and Technology is 100% online with an 8-week format and no set login times. This flexibility allows you to pursue your certificate while maintaining your commitments to your family, career, and community.
What Will You Learn in Our Executive Certificate in Instructional Design and Technology?
When you pursue our Executive Certificate in Instructional Design and Technology, you’ll learn styles of learning and how instructional design and technology play a part in reaching the unique needs of students and teachers. Upon successful completion of this program, you will have a better understanding of:
- Advanced instructional design theory
- Instructional systems design
- Issues and trends in learning technologies
- Principles of human performance technology
View the Certificate Completion Plan, and check out our required courses below for more information!
- EDUC 730 – Issues and Trends in Learning Technologies or EDUC 745 – Organizational Analysis and Problem Solving
- EDUC 731 – Instructional Design Theory
- EDUC 732 – Principles of Human Performance Technology
- EDUC 733 – Instructional Systems Design
- EDUC 734 – Implementation and Assessment of Multimedia Learning Tools
- EDUC 736 – Models for Instructional Design and Technology
- EDUC 737 – Ethics and Social Responsibility in Technology
Highlights of Our Executive Certificate in Instructional Design and Technology
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Executive Certificate in Instructional Design and Technology from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years – and counting.
- Liberty’s state-of-the-art digital resources and full-time research assistants will provide you with everything you need to engage in top-tier scholarly research.
- This program is offered in an 8-week course format with 8 different start dates each year and no set login times!
Executive Certificate in Instructional Design and Technology Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides(login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Executive Certificates
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $300 per credit hour for postgraduate courses
- Maximize tuition assistance without having to use GI Bill® benefits*
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Please note: The $300/credit hour doctoral military rate cannot be combined with the First Responder Discount.
Career Opportunities for Executive Certificate in Instructional Design and Technology Graduates
- Director of e-learning
- Distance learning senior director
- Educational technology director
- Military education specialist
- Professor (higher education)
- Senior instructional design specialist
- Senior training specialist
Some of these occupations may require that you have a PhD. That’s why Liberty created Executive Certificates that can seamlessly transfer into one of our corresponding PhD programs. So if you are looking to further your studies after completing your Executive Certificate in Instructional Design and Technology, you will be able to transfer all 21 credits into our PhD in Education – Instructional Design and Technology!
Admission Requirements for the Executive Certificate in Instructional Design and Technology
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.