Sharpen Your Executive Leadership Skills with Our Executive Certificate in Business Administration
Do you want to gain new skills and become a better leader in business but don’t want to commit to a full doctorate? Liberty University’s 100% online Executive Certificate in Business Administration allows you to build on your graduate studies and business experience to become the kind of leader you want to be. You can build toward a better career now with Liberty’s Executive Certificate in Business Administration and be well on your way toward a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in the future.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Business and Financial Occupations, 2020 (viewed online June 16, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Our executive certificate programs are designed to align with Liberty’s doctoral programs to help you gain advanced expertise while working toward your doctorate. This format allows you to transfer the 21 credit hours from the Executive Certificate in Business Administration into the DBA. With specialized skills beyond the MBA, you can use your business knowledge and management abilities to pursue leadership roles in any industry – all while gaining ground toward a DBA.
Liberty’s Executive Certificate in Business Administration can give you the in-depth management and leadership skills you need to build on your career goals.
Potential Career Options for Graduates of Our Executive Certificate in Business Administration
Our Executive Certificate in Business Administration can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited certificate:
- Business executive
- Business teacher
- Nonprofit executive
- University professor
The skills you gain in management and logistics can help you in your current role at your organization or prepare you for positions of elevated responsibility. Another benefit of Liberty’s Executive Certificates is that you can seamlessly transfer into one of our corresponding DBA programs. You will be able to transfer all 21 credits into our Doctor of Business Administration program. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with an Executive Certificate from Liberty University.
Military Tuition Discount
If you have served in the military, we want to go above and beyond to show you our gratitude. That’s why we designed our 21-credit-hour certificates to work especially well for you. Earning an Executive Certificate makes you eligible for our military alumni doctoral discount — you’ll receive the discounted $300/credit hour military rate both during the certificate and later during a doctoral degree.* Many of our certificates roll directly into a corresponding doctoral degree, allowing you to get a jumpstart on your doctorate!
If your plans to earn a doctoral degree lie further in the future, each certificate also stands on its own as a professional development credential, setting you apart from your peers and giving you the flexibility to start a doctoral degree whenever you’re ready. It’s one more way we show our appreciation.
*In order to retain the $300/credit hour rate, the doctoral degree must be started within 2 years of completing the Executive Certificate.
Why Choose Liberty’s Executive Certificate in Business Administration?
Liberty University’s online Executive Certificate in Business Administration is the best path forward if you want to gain doctoral-level business expertise but are not prepared to pursue a full DBA program. Through our 100% online executive certificate track, you’ll benefit from advanced training in professional management, human resources, supply chain management, and other important fields of business.
With 21 credit hours in advanced business studies, you will build on your MBA and work experience to earn a certificate credential that can open new doors for your career. With the ability to earn your executive certificate in as little as 4 semesters, you can build credit toward a DBA and get a head start on your doctorate.
Each course in your Executive Certificate in Business Administration is 100% online with 8-week courses and no set login times. This flexibility allows you to pursue your degree while maintaining your commitments to your family, career, and community.
What Will You Learn in Our Executive Certificate in Business Administration?
Liberty University’s Executive Certificate in Business Administration is designed to bring you closer to the pinnacle of your business education. This program will build on your previous experience with critical topics such as human resource management, strategic research methods, and employee coaching. You will develop many marketable skills that will help you conduct business in any industry, including:
- Critical thinking, communication, and research skills so you can stay on top of how to connect with your market
- Logistical and business knowledge that will help you create effective and efficient systems for your industry
- Management and leadership skills to excel in any administration role
- Problem solving and critical decision making to handle business challenges
- BUSI 701 – Current Topics in Business Administration
- BUSI 710 – Advanced Business Research Methods
- BUSI 730 – Strategic Allocation of Financial Resources
- BUSI 735 – Understanding the Organization
- BUSI 740 – Strategic Supply Chain Management
- BUSI 745 – Marketing for Competitive Advantage
- BUSI 750 – Human Resource Development
Highlights of Our Executive Certificate in Business Administration
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online Executive Certificate in Business Administration from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- Liberty’s state-of-the-art digital resources and full-time research assistants will provide you with everything you need to engage in top-tier business research.
- This program is offered in an 8-week course format with 8 different start dates each year and no set login times!
Executive Certificate in Business Administration
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Executive Certificates
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $300 per credit hour for postgraduate courses
- Roll these credits into the corresponding doctoral degree
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Please note: The $300/credit hour doctoral military rate cannot be combined with the First Responder Discount.
Admission Requirements for the Executive Certificate in Business Administration
30 hours of business credit and master’s in a business-related field with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.