Why Choose a Liberty University Online Education Degree?
Young adults need strong role models who will help shape them into responsible citizens. Besides parents, a teacher can be one of the most influential people in a child’s life — shaping him or her into a value-driven, successful adult.
Liberty University’s School of Education is committed to providing quality education based on the principles of God’s Word. By earning one of Liberty’s online teaching degrees, you can learn to be a positive influence in the lives of young people in your school and community.
Liberty’s graduates are prepared for careers in teaching, counseling, and leadership in school settings. We also offer both licensure and non-licensure tracks in education to help you meet your teaching goals.
Master of Education / Master of Arts in Teaching
Bachelor of Education
|Standard Tuition Rate||$565||$390|
|Your cost as an education student||$415||$390|
|Plus the Transfer Scholarship||$282||$290|
|Exclusive military rate||$275||$250|
|Military rate plus First Responder discount||$206||$188|
Liberty’s Online Education Degrees
Liberty University’s School of Education has programs available at every degree level:
Undergraduate programs do not require any previous college coursework to apply! If you want to get started with your college education, transfer course credit from previous work or other sources. If you just want to enhance your professional experience, these programs can give you the training you need.
- Minors (only available as part of a bachelor’s degree)
- Undergraduate Certificates
- Associate Degrees
- Bachelor’s Degrees (licensure tracks available)
Graduate programs give you specialized expertise beyond the bachelor’s degree level and are designed to enhance your career. These tracks require an accredited bachelor’s degree and may have other admission requirements depending on the program.
These programs provide additional specialization beyond a master’s degree without requiring the full commitment of a doctorate. Courses taken in these programs will often transfer into doctoral degrees.
Doctorates are the pinnacle of academic and practical achievement. Earning your doctorate can open the door to advanced research and influence in the highest levels of education, administration, and educator preparation. These tracks culminate in a capstone project or dissertation which demonstrates your expertise and academic achievement.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a degree from Liberty University respected?
Your degree from Liberty University will be well-respected among other institutions, future employers, and peers alike. Our institutional and program accreditations ensure that you are receiving a degree that has met rigorous academic standards. Additionally, the coursework and practical training you may complete in your program ensure the proper knowledge and experience you will need to perform your teaching duties with skill.
Is a degree from Liberty University online nationally accredited?
By earning your education degree from Liberty University, you can rest assured that your degree will be well-respected among future employers.
Liberty University is not nationally accredited, but it is regionally accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Regional accreditation is more valuable than national accreditation as it is more likely to be recognized and respected among employers and other institutions of higher education.
Additionally, the School of Education is accredited by the National Council of Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
These accreditations can provide you and future employers with the confidence that you are well-prepared to be a teacher of excellence and integrity.
How much is Liberty University Online per year?
The cost of your education degree will depend on what program you are pursuing. Our full-time students are charged the following rates:
- $390 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- $415 per credit hour for graduate education courses
- $595 per credit hour for doctoral courses
However, there are a variety of reasons that you may be eligible for a lower tuition rate. For instance, if you are active duty military, a veteran, or a military spouse, you could be eligible for the reduced military tuition rate. Additionally, first responders receive a 15% tuition discount.
For specifics on your estimated total cost, check out the cost calculator located on our homepage!
Can you receive licensure by earning one of Liberty University’s online teaching degrees?
If you are looking for initial teaching licensure, one of our online education degrees can prepare you for just that!
We have two programs that can prepare you with initial licensure. For our undergraduate students, you would want to complete one of our Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) programs. If you have already completed a bachelor’s degree, you can still get prepared for licensure with a graduate program through our Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) program or select Master of Education (M.Ed.) specializations.
Your initial teaching licensure preparation will include valuable coursework to help you become an expert in engaging young people with curriculum. You will also gain hands-on experience at a school in your area.
What are some department resources specifically available to Liberty’s education students?
Our Teacher and Graduate Education Department will help prepare you for a career in the field of education. After completing your undergraduate or graduate degree with us, you will be better equipped for a career in teaching, school administration, curriculum development, higher education administration, and more. With a degree rooted in Christian principles, you will be prepared to make an impact in your school, church, and community.
What Are the Benefits of Earning One of Liberty University’s Online Degrees?
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Our education programs are offered in 8-week course formats, with 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times!
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Our School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) standards through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation).
- Our students have the ability to join Kappa Delta Pi (KDP) which is an international honor society in education with the purpose of promoting excellence in future professionals and recognizing the outstanding contributions made to education.
Military Benefits for Students Pursuing One of Liberty’s Online Degrees
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
- Tuition discounts –$275 per credit hour for graduate Ed.D. and Ed.S. courses
- Executive Certificate tuition discount –$300 per credit hour
- Pursuing one of our Ph.D. programs? Find out how you can earn a Ph.D. for only $300 per credit hour!
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per Ed.D. and Ed.S. course)*
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
*First Responder Discount cannot be combined with Liberty’s military discount for Ph.D. programs.
Learn more about meeting requirements for licensure or certification in your state.