Earn a Teaching Credential and Improve Students’ Math Scores with an Online Algebra I Education Certificate
Are you ready to boost your teaching career? Whether you are a teacher or preparing to be one, an add-on endorsement is something that can make you more marketable. Liberty University’s online Algebra I Education Certificate can increase your skills in teaching mathematics and prepare you for positions that are open nationwide as a math teacher for grades 6-12. Regardless of the subject you are currently teaching or studying, this certificate may provide eligibility to add an Algebra I endorsement to your teaching license.
Did you know that in the latest results of an international test given to teenagers in the USA, America ranked 31st in math out of 79 countries?* You can be the teacher who helps American students increase their scores, improve their ability to get into a great university, and pursue a STEM-related career. This math education certificate can prepare you to be a better teacher and fill vacancies in math teaching positions all over the nation.
Median Annual Wage**
*USA Today, Education, at Math Scores Stink in America. Other countries teach it differently – and see higher achievement. (viewed online August 12, 2020).
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, High School Teachers (visited June 21, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Algebra I Education Online Certificate?
At Liberty University, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. Because of this mission, we strive for excellence in all that we do. Here are some of the benefits of choosing to pursue your certificate in algebra education with us:
- Each of our courses is integrated with a biblical worldview to ensure that you graduate as an ethically grounded professional.
- Our certificate courses are offered in a flexible, 100% online format, allowing you to continue to dedicate time to your work, family, and community.
- Each of your professors has professional experience as an educator with specialized knowledge in the area of math education so you can be confident you’re learning from the best.
If you hold a current teaching license as a general educator or in a specific subject and want to teach mathematics and Algebra I from sixth grade up to high school seniors, this certificate of teaching can help you get there. Our program is designed to work with your current credential. Additionally, it’s 100% online so you don’t have to leave your current position.
If you are currently pursuing your teaching license, and you want to add an Algebra I endorsement to your future credential, then this certificate can provide you with the courses and experience you’ll need. Our certificate for teaching covers all the basics of mathematics up to Algebra I while providing special instruction on how to teach math.
Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Algebra I Education Certificate program, you may apply for the add-on endorsement in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Algebra I Certificate?
Our Algebra I Education Certificate will provide you with the knowledge you’ll need to teach mathematics courses from basic elementary math up to Algebra I for grades 6-12. Your online math education will start by covering trends and practices of teaching mathematics in elementary and middle school. It is important to understand the sequential nature of mathematics and give learners practical applications of mathematical concepts and procedures.
You will study math subjects in a progressive manner starting with the elements of mathematics and then moving on to geometry. Your 100% online courses will cover subjects essential to every math teacher, such as statistics and algebra. Additionally, you have the option to cover discrete mathematics or mathematical reasoning, which are both essential to the study of computer science and other STEM-related subjects.
Algebra I Education Certificate Potential Career Options
Our algebra education certificate can help you prepare for a career in secondary (grades 6-12) education. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, licensure status, and experience, there are a number of positions that could benefit from our Algebra I Education Certificate:
- Banking associate
- Curriculim developer
- Math department chair
- Math teacher in 6-12
- Private school teacher
The skills that you gain from our Algebra I Education Certificate can be an asset if you hope to pursue education-related careers in the future. If you are a licensed teacher or currently pursuing your license, this certificate can provide you with an add-on teaching endorsement in Algebra I education.Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with an Algebra I Education Certificate from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
- EDUC 323 – Teaching Elementary and Middle School Mathematics
- MATH 117 – Elements of Mathematics
- MATH 131 – Calculus and Analytic Geometry I
- MATH 132 – Calculus and Analytic Geometry II
- MATH 200 – Introduction to Mathematical Reasoning or MATH 250 – Introduction to Discrete Mathematics
- MATH 201 – Introduction to Probability and Statistics
- MATH 217 – Elementary Geometry
- MATH 321 – Linear Algebra or MATH 410 – Applied Linear Algebra
Highlights of Our Online Algebra I Certificate
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- You could complete this certificate in Algebra I education in as little as 2 or 3 semesters!
- If you are a licensed teacher or currently pursuing your license, this certificate can provide you with an add-on teaching endorsement in Algebra I education.
Algebra I Education Certificate Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan.
- View the General Math and Science Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Undergraduate Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Online Certificates
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.