Learn to Educate Others in Our Online Masters in Education (M.Ed.) Degree
If you’re a working teacher looking to enhance your professional practice, become a specialist or consultant, or move into school administration, Liberty University’s online Masters in Education degree will prepare you to become an essential contributor in your school and the kind of leader who inspires others. You’ll not only increase your understanding of teaching and learning theories and methodologies while getting the tools you need to help K-12 students succeed, but you’ll also be prepared to seek credentials for advanced licensure.
Liberty’s Masters of Education online falls under the School of Education, which is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) as an Educator Preparation Provider (EPP). This demonstrates Liberty’s high standard of excellence in educator preparation as well as our dedication to continuous improvement.
Why Choose Liberty’s Masters in Education Online Program?
At Liberty University, we believe in our students — just like you. That’s why we work hard to develop reasonably priced and academically rigorous programs that produce educators and school leaders who model high academic, moral, and spiritual standards before their peers. Liberty University’s 100% online Masters in Education degree program is committed to providing you with both the practical and theoretical knowledge you need to become an effective leader in a Christian, public, or private school.
You’ll also personally customize your Master of Education online degree by choosing a specialization, which will provide you with more focused training in a particular area in the field of education. Specializations include Administration and Supervision, Math Specialist, and Reading Specialist. And, as in every graduate program offered by Liberty University’s School of Education, you will learn from professors who teach from a biblical worldview and encourage and mentor their students. While all of the coursework is now available 100% online, if you are pursuing a masters degree in Education at Liberty University, you will still have the opportunity to complete an internship, where you will gain valuable tools and skills to implement in the classroom.
What are the Benefits of pursuing a Masters of Education Online?
- You’ll be in a position to take advantage of the increased market demand for teachers.
- With a masters education online degree, you may be eligible for higher pay than those who hold a bachelors degree alone.
- You can be confident in the quality of your education because you’ll be learning at an NCATE accredited university.
- You’ll grow in your expertise as an education professional.
After completing the non-licensure online Masters in Education degree program in Curriculum and Instruction through Liberty Online, Chris Mitcheltree began pursuing Pennsylvania licensure for supervision of curriculum and instruction.
“Because Liberty’s degree plan allowed me to choose a lot of my courses, I looked up those required to fill a curriculum and instruction degree [in Pennsylvania] and took the Liberty courses most closely related to those. I sent all my coursework and course descriptions to the Pennsylvania Department of Education, took the state Praxis exam — and waited. I finally got that beautiful piece of blue paper with the gold seal in the mail! They are not requiring any additional classes. Liberty did it all!”
Administration and Supervision
Math Specialist Endorsement
Reading Specialist Endorsement
Masters in Education Degree Program Highlights
While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we actually lowered our tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs for the 2018-19 academic year. At $415 per credit hour for full time, Liberty University’s M.Ed. online is now available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the county.
- The online Master in Education degree program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) standards through the CAEP accreditation system. Learn more about program-specific accreditations.
- You will be earning your Masters in Education degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, so you can be confident that your degree will be well respected in your field.
Students will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials through the Liberty University Jerry Falwell Library search portal.
Potential Career Options
Graduates of our Masters in Education programs could have an advantage in the education industry over a candidate without an M.Ed. degree. Specific career opportunities will vary based on your M.Ed. specialization but may include:
- Teacher/ Professor
- Administrator/ Principal
- Program Specialist
Online Masters in Education Degree Program Format
- Online with Optional Intensives
- 36 total hours
- A maximum of 50% of the program hours may be transferred if applicable.
- Those seeking licensure must complete a three-credit-hour internship or student teaching assignment as part of the Master in Education online degree.
- Please review the Graduate Advising Guide for more information.
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Licensure Information for the Online Masters in Education Degree
Liberty University’s online master’s in education degrees are available for advanced licensure in Virginia, but students pursuing these concentrations for licensure must already hold an initial teaching license.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
Admission Requirements for the Master of Education (M.Ed.)
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.