Lead Confidently with Liberty’s Online Education Specialist – Higher Education Administration Degree
Liberty University’s 100% online Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Higher Education Administration degree program equips you with knowledge and training in areas like student affairs, intercollegiate athletic administration, and general administration in college and university settings. With our Ed.S. degree, you will be prepared to help develop innovative solutions to higher education challenges faced by all institutions.
Our higher education administration Ed.S. program allows you to pursue an advanced degree in college and university administration online while preparing you to further your education with a doctorate, like our Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration degree.
Why Choose Liberty’s Ed.S. in Higher Education Administration Degree Online?
At Liberty, we want to help you achieve excellence. Our Ed.S. in Higher Education Administration online degree program is designed to prepare you for promotions, new opportunities, and career changes in university academics. Whether your goal is to work in Christian, community, or state institutions, our online Ed.S. in Higher Education Administration degree will provide you with the tools you need to guide your school through challenges like program development, accreditation, legal issues, and more. Taught by professors with real-world experience in college and university administration, our Education Specialist degree program combines academic excellence, practical skills, and a biblical worldview – so you have the foundation you need to achieve excellence in higher education.
We value your time, and that is why we created the Education Specialist in Higher Education Administration degree to be a 100% online program. With our flexible and affordable online format, you can fit your new degree into your busy life while staying connected with your family and work responsibilities. Your online Ed.S. in Higher Education Administration courses can transfer to a doctorate, including up to 27 credits towards our Doctor of Education (Ed.D.). Partner with us, and let our online Ed.S. program help you maximize your time!
What Will You Learn in Our Online Education Specialist – Higher Education Administration Degree Program?
Our online Education Specialist in Higher Education Administration degree program features core courses to help you understand the principles of teaching college students, the details of assessments and accreditation, and the intricacies of university administration. Our Ed.S. in Higher Education Administration degree also includes an advanced research course and 9 hours of education electives to offer you a degree tailored to your interests and professional needs. With a postgraduate educational specialist degree from Liberty University, you will be prepared to lead in higher education with excellence and integrity.
- EDUC 758 – Teaching the College Student
- EDUC 782 – Historical Perspectives of Higher Education
- EDUC 798 – Advanced Research and Writing
Our Online Ed.S. in Higher Education Administration Degree Program Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years – and counting.
- Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) Standards through the CAEP Accreditation System, so your degree will be well-respected and highly recognized.
- Completion of your Ed.S. degree through Liberty University allows you to transfer in up to 27 credits to our Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree to give you a jumpstart on your doctorate!
While completing the Ed.S. in Higher Education Administration degree online, you will hone your instructional methods and learning theory so that you can manage crucial higher-order curriculum and instruction improvements needed in K-12 and higher education institutions.
- You will be equipped to step into an administrative role with the Ed.S. program’s core leadership courses.
- While completing the Ed.S. in Higher Education Administration degree online, you will be trained in essential research and testing skills so that you can ensure your institution is providing effective teaching and will know how to make improvements.
- This educational specialist program falls under the School of Education.
- View the Post-Graduate Advising Guide.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides.
Education Specialist Degree Online Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
- Academic affairs
- College administrator
After completing our Education Specialist online program, you will have an advanced, post-master’s, NCATE-accredited degree that will allow you to pursue leadership roles in K-12 and higher education, as well as advanced, higher-order development of curriculum.
The higher administration education degree will equip you to work in a variety of upper-level educational settings, as well as provide licensure opportunities. The skills and knowledge gained from our online Ed.S. degree may provide opportunities in private or public schools, third-party curriculum development or learning tool development companies, or for career advancement.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ed.S. in Higher Education Administration Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.