Start Your Career with Liberty’s Early Childhood Education Associate Degree
Do you have a passion for helping children succeed from a young age? If so, Liberty University’s early childhood education online degree is designed for you. After graduation, you could play a critical role by working with children to prepare them for their long-term academic success. With this degree, you could help children form emotional, social, and educational skills from an early age.
At Liberty, we equip our students with techniques to create a lasting, positive impact through child development skills. The School of Education is committed to providing the highest quality Christian education based on the principles of God’s Word. In light of these principles, Liberty University’s early childhood education online degree will prepare you to impact students through curriculum development during their earliest years.
Can you get an early childhood education degree online?
Getting your degree is a big, exciting step for your career. You probably feel ready to start your early childhood education (ECE) associates degree. And whether you are looking for advancement or just starting your child care career, earning a degree in your field is important.
But maybe you’re unsure because you want to maintain your current commitments to your family, church, and job. Liberty University’s early childhood education online degree could be the solution! This program is 100% online, which means you can complete your early childhood education courses from the comfort of your own home and at your own pace.
Why Choose Liberty’s Early Childhood Education Degree?
Our early childhood education degree is an industry leader in online education programs. The courses throughout this degree are taught by professionals with real-world experience in education and child care settings. Our AA in Early Childhood Education is offered completely online. This will allow you to remain active in your job, family, and community without worrying about taking courses on campus.
What is the best online school for early childhood education?
If you’re seriously considering the child care profession, you’ve probably reviewed a variety of online college’s early childhood education associates degrees. But which school is the best fit for you and your goals?
Liberty University may be the answer — here are some of the benefits of our AA in Early Childhood Education:
- Credibility — Our School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education through CAEP. So you can rest assured that you’re earning your degree from a reputable institution.
- Affordability — Our Associates in Early Childhood Education was ranked in the top 3 on AffodableColleges.com’s list of most affordable online associate degrees in early childhood education.
- Flexibility — Because you can take all your ECE classes online, you don’t have to worry about attending any on-campus courses.
How much does it cost to get a degree in early childhood education?
Now that you’re sure you would like to pursue an early childhood education degree online, you may be wondering about the cost. This is an important question because you need to be sure that you will receive a return on your investment.
Because our degree was ranked as one of the most affordable early childhood development associate degrees by AffordableColleges.com, you can feel confident in our prices at Liberty University. With no discounts, your cost per credit hour is only $390. However, your cost could go down even more if you fall into any of the below categories:
- Active duty military, veteran, or military spouse
- Transfer student
- Emergency responder
- Eligible for a scholarship or another form of tuition assistance
What Will You Learn in Our Early Childhood Education Associates Degree Online?
Liberty University’s AA in Early Childhood Education degree is aimed towards individuals with a desire to further their education. With this program, you will gain insight into the foundational principles of education. In our ECE classes online, you will approach the discipline of education from an ethical perspective. This will establish a firm understanding of early childhood educational development and behavior.
Featured Early Childhood Education Courses
- EDUC 205 — Learning Theory and Portfolio Development
- EDUC 215 — Wellness in the Early Childhood Setting
- EDUC 305 — Educational Philosophy for Teachers
- PSYC 221 — Psychology of Childhood
Associates in Early Childhood Education Program Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- No practicum is required.
- The early childhood education degree is a non-licensure program.
- View our undergraduate Undergraduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Benefits of Choosing Liberty’s Online Early Childhood Education Associate Degree Program
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your early childhood education associates degree online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Our AA in Early Childhood Education degree is ranked in the top 3 for most affordable online associate degrees in early childhood education according to AffordableColleges.com.
- You will have networking opportunities with other educators in the program from around the country.
Potential Careers with the Associates in Early Childhood Education
- Early childhood ministry associate
- Homeschool teacher
- Owner/manager of an early childhood education center
- Preschool teacher
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that the demand for preschool teachers will grow 7% between 2018 and 2028.* This growth rate is faster than the average profession. So there will likely be a variety of open positions in your field upon graduating with a child development associate degree.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Preschool Teachers (viewed online February 5, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee. However, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.