Start Your Career with Liberty’s Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education
Liberty University’s online early childhood education degree is designed for students with a passion for helping children succeed from a young age. Graduates entering their careers will play a critical role in preparing children for their long-term academic success and will be involved in helping them form emotional, social, and educational skills from an early age.
At Liberty, we equip our students with techniques to create a lasting, positive impact on every child’s life they touch. The School of Education is committed to providing the highest quality Christian education based on the principles of God’s Word. In light of these principles, Liberty University’s Associate of Arts in Early Childhood Education will prepare you to impact students in their early development and academic careers.
Why Choose Liberty’s Early Childhood Education Degree?
Our early childhood education degree is an industry leader in online education programs taught by professionals with real-world experience in education settings. Our associate degree in early childhood education is offered completely online, allowing you to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without the worry of having to take courses on campus.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education?
Liberty University’s Associate of Arts in Early Childhood Education degree, 100% online program, is aimed towards individuals with a desire to further their education and gain insight into the foundational principles of education. In our Early Childhood Education degree, you will approach the discipline of education from an ethical perspective to establish a firm understanding of early childhood educational development and behavior.
- EDUC 215 – Wellness in the Early Childhood Setting
- EDUC 305 – Educational Philosophy for Teachers
- PSYC 221 – Psychology of Childhood
- EDUC 205 – Learning Theory and Portfolio Development
Associate in Early Childhood Education Program Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- No practicum is required.
- The early childhood education degree is a non-licensure program.
- View our undergraduate Course Syllabi (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour).
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder(less than $565 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- Potential college credit for military training.
Benefits of Choosing Liberty University’s Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years ̶ and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- By earning your Associate of Arts in Early Childhood Education degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Our early childhood education degree is ranked top 5 for most affordable online associate degrees in early childhood education according to AffordableColleges.com.
- You will have networking opportunities with other educators in the program from around the country.
Potential Careers with the Associate in Early Childhood Education Degree
- Owner/Manager of Early Childhood Education Centers
- Early Childhood Church Ministry Worker
- Pre-School Teacher
- Homeschool Teacher
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission on good standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for acceptance on caution. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.