Start Your Career with Liberty’s Online Early Childhood Education Associate Degree Program
Do you have a passion for helping children succeed from a young age? If so, Liberty University’s early childhood education online degree is designed for you. After graduation, you could play a critical role by working with children to prepare them for their long-term academic success. With this degree, you could help children form emotional, social, and educational skills from an early age.
At Liberty, we seek to equip our students with techniques to create a lasting, positive impact through child development skills. The School of Education is committed to providing the highest quality Christian education based on the principles of God’s Word. In light of these principles, Liberty University’s early childhood education online degree can prepare you to impact students through curriculum development during their earliest years.
Can you get an early childhood associate degree online?
Getting your degree is a big, exciting step for your career. You probably feel ready to start your early childhood education (ECE) associate’s degree. And whether you are looking for advancement or just starting your child care career, earning a degree in your field is important.
But maybe you’re unsure because you want to maintain your current commitments to your family, church, and job. Liberty University’s early childhood education online degree could be the solution! This program is 100% online, which means you can complete your early childhood education courses from the comfort of your own home and at your own pace. Our degree is not designed to control your life, but to enhance it.
If you’d like to earn your degree as quickly as possible, this online early childhood education degree can be completed in as little as 1.5 years – meaning that you can gain valuable training quickly and pursue the career in early childhood education that you love. Partner with us, learn the skills you need to be successful, and dedicate your career to the development of tomorrow’s leaders.
Why Choose Liberty’s Early Childhood Education Degree?
Our early childhood education degree is an industry leader in online education programs. The courses throughout this early childhood education degree are taught by professionals with real-world experience in education and child care settings. Our AA in Early Childhood Education is offered 100% online in 8-week sections with no set login times and no required intensives. This allows you to remain active in your job, family, and community without worrying about taking courses on campus.
What is the best online school for early childhood education?
If you’re seriously considering the child care profession, you’ve probably reviewed a variety of online college’s early childhood education associates degrees. But which school is the best fit for you and your goals?
Liberty University may be the answer — here are some of the benefits of our AA in Early Childhood Education online:
- Credibility – Liberty is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) – so you can rest assured that you’re earning your degree from a reputable institution.
- Affordability – Our associates in early childhood education was ranked in the top 3 on AffodableColleges.com’s list of most affordable online associate degrees in early childhood education.
- Flexibility – Because you can take all your ECE classes online, you don’t have to worry about attending any on-campus courses.
How much does it cost to get a degree in early childhood education?
Now that you’re sure you would like to pursue an early childhood education degree online, you may be wondering about the cost. This is an important question because you need to be sure that you will receive a return on your investment. Just as you invest time and resources into a university when you pursue a degree, you expect that university to invest in you through expert professors, a rigorous curriculum, and a supportive atmosphere.
Because our early childhood development degree was ranked as one of the most affordable early childhood development associate degrees by AffordableColleges.com in 2020, you can feel confident in our prices at Liberty University. With no discounts, your cost per credit hour is only $390 for full-time enrollment. However, your cost could go down even more if you fall into any of the below categories:
- Active duty military, veteran, or military spouse
- Eligible for a scholarship or another form of tuition assistance
- Emergency responder
- Transfer student
What Will You Learn in Our Early Childhood Education Associates Degree Online?
Liberty University’s AA in Early Childhood Education degree is aimed toward individuals with an interest in the education of young children and early learning. With this program, you will gain insight into the foundational principles of education. In our ECE classes online, you can approach the discipline of education from an ethical perspective. This can help establish a firm understanding of early childhood educational development and behavior.
Featured Early Childhood Education Courses
- EDUC 210 – Early Childhood Education Fundamentals
- EDUC 215 – Wellness in the Early Childhood Setting
- EDUC 305 – Educational Philosophy
- EDUC 350 – Behavior and Individual Differences
Associates in Early Childhood Education Program Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View our Undergraduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- The early childhood education degree is a non-licensure program.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Benefits of Choosing Liberty’s Online Early Childhood Education Associate Degree Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your early childhood education associate degree online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can have networking opportunities with other educators in the program from around the country.
Potential Careers with an Associates in Early Childhood Education
- Early childhood ministry associate
- Homeschool teacher
- Owner/manager of an early childhood education center
- Preschool teacher
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that the demand for preschool teachers will grow 18% between 2020 and 2030.* You can be confident that the training that you receive can help prepare you for a career in early childhood education.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Preschool Teachers (viewed online April 6, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee. However, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.