Take Your First Step Toward a New Career with an Online Associate Degree in Education
Are you looking for a way to explore your interests in education, while also identifying if a career in education is right for you? Liberty University’s online associate degree in education is a great starting point for students with a goal of exploring various interests in the education field. Our Associate of Arts in Education is designed to give you the tools you need to begin helping children of all ages be successful in their educational journey.
Our online education degree program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation (CAEP). Many of our students choose the associate degree in education to work toward their long-term goal of teaching. Our online education associate degrees are non-licensure programs; however, you can pursue licensure through our Master of Arts in Teaching after completing a bachelor’s degree program.
Students who wish to continue their education or start their education with a more specialized degree may be interested in exploring our Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education or Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education.
Why Choose Liberty’s Associate in Education Degree Online?
Our online Associate of Arts in Education curriculum is designed with your success in mind. You will begin your degree studying core competencies like English and mathematics. You will also take courses in information literacy, social science, and electives in subjects such as cultural studies.
As you progress in your online education degree, you will study techniques in classroom management, educational philosophy and the psychology of childhood. At Liberty, we will equip you with current and practical techniques that can assist you in making a lasting and positive impact on any career path you choose.
What Will You Learn in Our Associate in Education Degree Online?
Liberty University’s 100% online Associate of Arts in Education program can equip you with the specialized knowledge, insight, and skills needed to further your education and career by providing a solid foundation in educational behavior and development. You will learn about current trends in Christian, private, and public childcare facilities, churches, schools, and homes. Our online education degree professors will also highlight practical strategies like lesson plans and teaching strategies.
Associate Degree in Education Program Information
Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- This program will not qualify you to sit for state or ACSI licensure tests.
- No practicum is required for this degree program.
- This program is Non-licensure.
- View the Undergraduate Course Syllabi(login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- Potential college credit for military training.
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years ̶ and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- By earning your Associate of Arts in Education degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- You can complete our associate’s degree in education in less than two years.
- You will benefit from networking opportunities with other educators in the program from around the country.
What Career Opportunities Can You Pursue with an Associate’s Degree in Education?
- Home school teacher
- Christian school teacher not seeking licensure
- Other education careers that may not need state licensure
Associates in Education Helpful Links and Information
For information on certification from the Association of Christian Schools International, see the ACSI Certification page.
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission on good standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for acceptance on caution. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.