Be a Strategic Leader in Education With an Online Ed.S. Degree in School Administration and Supervision
As an experienced educator, you know how to meet the needs of students and help build a community of learning with your fellow teachers. To take your career to the next level, you need strategic training for large-scale administration, and cutting-edge research to put into practice. Liberty’s online Ed.S. in School Administration and Supervision can give you the tools and credentials you need to be a leader in your school and your community. Your educational leadership degree will not just change your life; it will change the lives of countless others as you become a leader in education.
What is an Ed.S. degree?
An Education Specialist (Ed.S.) degree is a postgraduate degree that builds on your education training from the master’s level. The Ed.S. is a half-step between a master’s and a doctorate. As such, the Ed.S. is designed to equip you with advanced skills and help you develop innovative research that will set you apart as a specialist in education theory and practice.
The Ed.S. degree is designed for you to complete the program in a much faster time frame than a doctorate. However, most Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) programs, like Liberty’s Ed.D., will accept transfer credit from Ed.S. courses. In our case, 27 out of 30 credit hours from the Ed.S. can transfer into our Doctor of Education. See the Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) program page for more information.
No matter where or in what position you lead, our online Ed.S. degree in educational leadership will give you the foundation you need to make the impact you always knew you could. By earning your Education Specialist degree, you step beyond the master’s level to engage with advanced research and educational strategies. Through our Education Specialist degree, you can pursue licensure in school administration and supervision so that you can demonstrate your expertise to the education community. Take the next step in your career and help create positive change in your school district with Liberty’s Education Specialist degree.
Why Choose Liberty’s Ed.S. Degree in School Administration and Supervision?
At Liberty University, your success is our success, so we utilize cutting edge technology to bring you the best online learning experience possible. Liberty University has been pioneering and growing distance learning since 1985, adapting to meet the educational and career needs of our students. With advanced licensure in School Administration and Supervision, you will have the credential and training you need to pursue leadership roles in schools, school districts, government agencies, higher education, and many more. You will also have the opportunity to transfer in up to 27 credit hours into our Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) program so that you can earn your doctorate in as little as 2 years.
Our 100% online Ed.D. program format is designed to complement your schedule, allowing you to continue your education with the flexibility you need to maintain your relationships and responsibilities. Additionally, our School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
What Will You Learn in Our School Administration Ed.S. Degree?
Through our Ed.S. program, you will learn practical theories and methods you can use in the real world, as well as have opportunities to implement what you learn. You will learn how to apply the latest research and learning theories at a variety of levels, so you can create a better learning environment for your students, whether you lead in the classroom or an administrative role. Our professors are dedicated to mentorship, so you can be sure you will have the support you need as you rise to a new level of leadership in education.
In our online Education Specialist degree program, you will explore the complexities that diversity and exceptionality bring to the classroom, as well as how to motivate all learners. You will also look at the historical and social foundations of education so you can better communicate with the public as an education leader. Also, we know your degree should be tailored to your needs, so you have the opportunity to select a few elective classes and study what matters most to you.
- EDUC 701 – Advanced Learning Theory and Research
- EDAS 741 – Theories of Educational Leadership*
- EDAS 742 – Educational Leadership and Public Relations*
- EDAS 747 – Advanced School Law*
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our Ed.S. in School Administration Degree
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Ed.S. in School Administration degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years – and counting.
- Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) Standards through the CAEP Accreditation System, so your degree will be well-respected and highly recognized.
- Completion of your Ed.S. degree through Liberty University allows you to transfer in up to 27 credits to our Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree to give you a jumpstart on your doctorate!
- You will be equipped to step into the role of an administrator with our Ed.S. degree program’s core leadership courses and Advanced Licensure in School Administration and Supervision.
Our Online Ed.S. in Educational Leadership Degree Information
- This Education Specialist program falls under the School of Education.
- View the Post-Graduate Advising Guide.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Our Education Specialist Degree’s Online Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discount – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Careers with an Ed.S. Degree in School Administration
- College administrator
- Curriculum specialist
- Instructional supervisor
- K-12 or college teacher
- School administrator
After completing our Education Specialist online program, you will have an advanced, post-master’s, NCATE-accredited degree that will allow you to pursue leadership roles in K-12 and higher education, as well as advanced, higher-order development of curriculum.
The school administration and supervision area of study will give you the opportunity to gain advanced expertise in administrative roles in education. The skills and knowledge gained from our online Ed.S. degree may provide opportunities in private or public schools, third-party curriculum development or learning tool development companies, or for career advancement.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ed.S. in Educational Leadership Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.