Be a Strategic Leader in Education with an Online EdS Degree in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership
As an experienced educator, you know how to meet the needs of students and help build a community of learning with your fellow teachers. To take your career to the next level, you need strategic training for large-scale administration and cutting-edge research to put into practice. Liberty’s online EdS in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership can help equip you with the tools and credentials you need to become a better leader in your school and community. Your EdS degree doesn’t just have the potential to change your life — it can also change the lives of the teachers and students you work with daily.
*Some exclusions apply. Please refer to our exclusions page for more information.
What is an EdS degree?
An Education Specialist (EdS) degree is a postgraduate degree that builds on your education training from the master’s level. The EdS is a half-step between a master’s and a doctorate. As such, the EdS is designed to equip you with advanced skills and help you develop innovative research that can help set you apart as a specialist in education theory and practice.
The EdS program online is designed to be completed in a much faster time frame than a doctorate. However, our Doctor of Education (EdD) will accept transfer credit from our EdS program. At Liberty, we make it easy for you to go from an EdS to an EdD — 27 out of 30 credit hours from the EdS are eligible to transfer into our Doctor of Education.
No matter where or in what position you lead, our online EdS in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership can give you the foundation you need to make a larger impact on your students. By earning your Education Specialist degree, you step beyond the master’s level to engage with advanced research and educational strategies. Through our Education Specialist degree, you can also pursue licensure in school administration and supervision. Take the next step in your career and help create positive change in your school district with Liberty’s Education Specialist degree in administration and supervision – educational leadership.
Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved administration and supervision program, you may apply for licensure in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
Please note: Students enrolling in Educational Leadership programs are not eligible to receive Georgia Tier I or Tier II Educational Leadership Certification.
Why Choose Liberty’s EdS Degree in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership?
At Liberty University, your success is our success. We utilize cutting-edge technology to bring you the best online learning experience possible. As a pioneer in distance learning since 1985, we know how to meet the educational and career needs of our students. Our administration and supervision EdS in educational leadership is an advanced-licensure program that can give you the credentials and training you need to pursue leadership roles in schools, school districts, and government agencies. You will also have the opportunity to transfer in up to 27 credit hours into our Doctor of Education (EdD), so you can complete your doctorate in as little as 2 years.
The 100% online format of our EdS program is designed to fit your busy schedule — allowing you to continue your education with the flexibility you need to maintain your personal responsibilities. Additionally, Liberty University’s School of Education meets rigorous national standards for educator preparation set by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). You can be confident that you’re receiving an education of the highest quality.
What Will You Learn in Our Administration and Supervision EdS Degree?
Through our EdS program, you will study practical theories and methods you can use in the real world. You can also learn how to apply the latest research and learning theories at a variety of levels, so you can create a better learning environment for your students — whether you lead in the classroom or in an administrative role. Our professors are dedicated to mentorship, so you can be sure you will have the support you need as you rise to a new level of leadership in education.
In our online Education Specialist degree program, you will explore the complexities that diversity and exceptionality bring to the classroom. You will also study how to motivate your students, explore the historical and social foundations of education, and become better prepared to communicate with the public as an education leader. Additionally, this degree program requires 2 practicums and one semester-long internship. These field experience requirements will allow you to gain valuable hands-on experience in real-world settings.
- EDAS 741 – Theories of Educational Leadership
- EDAS 742 – Educational Leadership and Public Relations
- EDAS 747 – Advanced Educational Law
- EDUC 701 – Advanced Learning Theory and Research
Highlights of Our EdS in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online EdS in Administration and Supervision from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- Liberty University’s School of Education meets rigorous national standards for educator preparation set by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- Completion of your EdS degree through Liberty University allows you to transfer in up to 27 credits to our Doctor of Education (EdD) degree to give you a jumpstart on your doctorate!
- You can be equipped to step into the role of an administrator with our EdS degree program’s core leadership courses and path to advanced licensure in school administration and supervision.
Our Online EdS in Educational Leadership Degree Information
- This Education Specialist program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- View the Postgraduate Advising Guide.
Our Education Specialist (EdS) Online Program’s Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discount – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Careers with an EdS Degree in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership
- College administrator
- Curriculum specialist
- Instructional supervisor
- K-12 or college teacher
- Principal/assistant principal
- School administrator
After completing our online Education Specialist program, you will have an advanced, postgraduate, CAEP-accredited degree that can help you pursue leadership roles in K-12 settings.
The administration and supervision EdS program offers you the opportunity to gain advanced expertise in administrative roles in education. The skills and knowledge gained from our online EdS degree may provide opportunities in private or public schools, in third-party curriculum development or learning tool development companies, or for career advancement.
Admission Requirements for Our Online EdS in Administration and Supervision – Educational Leadership Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.