Impact the Next Generation with Liberty’s Online Early Childhood Education Degree
Liberty University’s 100% online B.S. in Early Childhood Education – Interdisciplinary Studies degree will equip you with the educational theory and leadership skills you need to successfully engage your students. Through our online Early Childhood Education classes, you will establish a firm understanding of early childhood educational development and behavior along with associated methods of instruction — such as differentiated learning. Our bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education complements our master’s degree in teaching which would be the degree path needed to obtain your teaching licensure.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelors in Early Childhood Education Degree Online?
Excellent early childhood education is crucial to a child’s development, and Liberty’s online Early Childhood Education program is dedicated to helping you pursue teaching excellence. We know that you are committed to educating yourself so that you can better educate your students, and we strive to provide you with the best education degree program possible — right where you are. Our 100% online program delivery format brings quality academics to you so that you can earn your B.S. in Early Childhood Education without disrupting your lifestyle.
What Will You Learn in Our Early Childhood Education Degree Online?
In our bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, you will learn the fundamentals of instruction along with important psychological milestones of early childhood development — allowing you to understand and teach the whole child. We know that you are passionate about teaching children, and we will help you discover the best instructional strategies for both you and your students.
Hands-on experience is important, and our online bachelor’s in Early Childhood Education degree provides you with an optional field experience capstone course that allows you to apply your studies to a real classroom with the encouragement and support of an experienced early childhood educator. This field experience capstone also offers you the opportunity to pursue certification through the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
Early Childhood Education Degree Information
- Early Childhood Education Degree provides preparation for Liberty’s licensure-track Master of Arts in Teaching.
- View the Undergraduate Advising Guide.
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Course Syllabi. (login required)
Early Childhood Education Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Potential Career Options
- Early Childhood Centers
- Preschool or Elementary Teacher
- Teacher within a Faith-based organization
Industry Outlook: The U.S. Department of Labor projects a 6 percent employment growth for elementary school teachers. The number of classes needed to accommodate an increasing amount of students coming into elementary schools over the next decade is expected to create more teaching jobs. Employment growth varies by region and population disbursement.*
Occupational Information Network (O*NET) under the sponsorship of the U.S. Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Information obtained on September 19, 2017.Data obtained from the
Admission Requirements for Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission on Good Standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for Acceptance on Caution. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Program Highlights of Liberty’s B.S. in Early Childhood Education Degree
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past three years ̶ and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks will be provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- By earning your Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Our Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education ranked #5 in the list of Best Online Bachelor’s in Education Programs according to BestColleges.com and in the top 10 of Most Affordable Online Bachelor’s Degrees in Early Childhood Education according to AffordableColleges.com.
- Liberty graduates are sought after by prestigious companies for their integrity, personal discipline, and versatility.
- Students in our bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education can transfer up to 75% of credit hours to Liberty when approved.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education – Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education Interdisciplinary Studies online degree is designed to be the pre-teacher preparation that will give you the opportunity to practice educational planning by creating lesson plans and units.
- Bachelor of Science in Special Education – Our online Bachelor of Science in Special Education Interdisciplinary Studies degree focuses on education theory and best practices by examining learning disabilities and adaptation techniques to equip you to enter the field of special education.